KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Meta Team to take out the JLA

Meta Team to take out the JLA
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

That's overkill. U could potentially have the jla stuck in a time loop living out a dream for a lifetime

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 03:02 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

How? If the JLA fights even sorta seriously, these teams eat dirt.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 14th, 2017 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 03:57 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I hope in another 20 years some 15-year-old who isn't even alive right now PMs me to tell me what's wrong with the tiers thread.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 04:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Hey, they're YOUR tier rankings! stick out tongue

My thread, not my rankings. God no.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 05:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by -Pr-
My thread, not my rankings. God no.

Which characters do you disagree with and where would you put them? Or is that far too epic a task to undertake?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 05:33 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

theres nothing wrong with the tier thread or rankings...comic book characters power levels are fluid. they rise and fasll depending on the writer. so at any given time a charcter can range from street to herald. its just a loose guestimation. the problem is when poster who know better try and use it as law.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 05:41 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Delta1938
Which characters do you disagree with and where would you put them? Or is that far too epic a task to undertake?

I haven't looked at it in a while.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
theres nothing wrong with the tier thread or rankings...comic book characters power levels are fluid. they rise and fasll depending on the writer. so at any given time a charcter can range from street to herald. its just a loose guestimation. the problem is when poster who know better try and use it as law.

Well yeah, it IS Carver after all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 05:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Digi
I hope in another 20 years some 15-year-old who isn't even alive right now PMs me to tell me what's wrong with the tiers thread.
laughing

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 05:46 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Writers don't give two hoots about power levels, if it tells a good story, and neither should we.

Batman is out of place power wise on a team of gods? Tower of Babel. Great story.

Surfer is just a herald? Here he is surfing, and taking TWO beings who have just taken Big G out.

It's what makes things interesting and fun. Slavishly adhering to handbooks (but-but-but in Wonder Man #23, 1972, he could only lift a car!!!!) constricts what's possible. Story matter more.

That said, my team stomps.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 05:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by StyleTime
How? If the JLA fights even sorta seriously, these teams eat dirt.

Mortal Hercules
Batman 1 Million
Gorgon
Rogue
Ambrose Chase
Carnage
Warlock.

u don't even need most of these characters to stomp the jla.

a carnage/ambrose combo or a ambrose/gorgon should be sufficient. throw in fantomex and the jla would be pawns. that's what we mean when we say know the characters abilities not just powersets and power levels...the only chars who wouldn't be immediately stomped would imo be flash and possibly clark

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:06 PM
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Writers don't give two hoots about power levels, if it tells a good story, and neither should we.

Batman is out of place power wise on a team of gods? Tower of Babel. Great story.

Surfer is just a herald? Here he is surfing, and taking TWO beings who have just taken Big G out.

It's what makes things interesting and fun. Slavishly adhering to handbooks (but-but-but in Wonder Man #23, 1972, he could only lift a car!!!!) constricts what's possible. Story matter more.

This is so true.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:16 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Those examples you listed had nothing to do with inconsistent potrayal of power levels.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:27 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Digi

The list isn't even that bad. Some people could move around, but it is far more serviceable than people let on.

For the most part. thumb up

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Mortal Hercules
Batman 1 Million
Gorgon
Rogue
Ambrose Chase
Carnage
Warlock.

u don't even need most of these characters to stomp the jla.

a carnage/ambrose combo or a ambrose/gorgon should be sufficient. throw in fantomex and the jla would be pawns. that's what we mean when we say know the characters abilities not just powersets and power levels...the only chars who wouldn't be immediately stomped would imo be flash and possibly clark

In a story where they prepare for that fight? Absolutely.

In a forum scenario, no. I do applaud everyone on their creativity. These teams could pull some tricks off with the proper set-up, but let's be serious here. Ambrose and Carnage are duoing this JLA line-up? Care to make that thread?

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 14th, 2017 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:16 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh, I disagree about us caring, tbh. Inconsistent characters can hurt a story, no matter how good the story is.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:22 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I haven't looked at it in a while.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t577922.html

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:25 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Aquaman and Cyclops up a tier for starters.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:26 PM
riv6672

This could be the start of a revamp to the tiers thread.

THANK you, Carver! thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:38 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd do it if I had the time. I really want to, too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:52 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by StyleTime

In a forum scenario, no. I do applaud everyone on their creativity. These teams could pull some tricks off with the proper set-up, but let's be serious here. Ambrose and Carnage are duoing this JLA line-up? Care to make that thread?

How are they getting around time manip/stone stare/symbiote possession/technoorganic assimilation combo. Cant see it happening. Not interested in making a thread but u can make your arguments here im open to be convinced otherwise

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 08:15 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Aquaman and Cyclops up a tier for starters.

Cyclops at High Meta? I can see AM moving up but scott is a glass cannon with limited flexibity

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 08:18 PM