KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Meta Team to take out the JLA

Meta Team to take out the JLA
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
krisblaze

Domino and longshot arent doing shit.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 02:24 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Longshot could. Kryptonite metors faling out of the sky.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 02:32 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
I guess I will go first...

Ms. Martian
Blink
Mimic
Radioactive Man
Mr. Sinister
Jean Grey
Metallo

I think this team is good overall. Metallo takes out Superman. Mimic copies everyone's powers out there. Half of the main four on the Justice League... Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal makes him one of the deadliest on the field.

Average Jean Grey telepathy attack alongside Sinister and Ms. Martian. Blink teleports across the field teleporting buildings and trash cans inside of her opponents. Radioactive man assisting in taking out Supes by draining his solar energy.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 02:33 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Problem, as always, is Flash.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 02:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Problem, as always, is Flash.

Trash can in his heart.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:28 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...This again.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lol.

If Blink has instant reactions, and her powers are instant, then there are actually TWO Blinks at any one time.

Think about it.

Blink wants to port from point A to point B. If both reflexes and powers are instant, then she is at both points at the same time.

What about multiple ports? Well, they are all instant, no? So there is a Blink at points C, D, E, F etc.....

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Anyway, here is a speedster against Blink. He can sense her before she blinks in.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 06:05 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Lol at Metallo taking out Superman or Mimic able to copy JLA

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 06:58 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol.

If Blink has instant reactions, and her powers are instant, then there are actually TWO Blinks at any one time.

Think about it.

Blink wants to port from point A to point B. If both reflexes and powers are instant, then she is at both points at the same time.

What about multiple ports? Well, they are all instant, no? So there is a Blink at points C, D, E, F etc.....

Lol...comics doesn't work like that.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:09 PM
DarkSaint85

Lol...comics doesn't work like that.

Wait, what? Now you're just handwaving it away?

Is she instant or not? If yes, then she's everywhere at once, wherever her blinks take her.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:15 PM
krisblaze

Carter should be put down.

Like a dog.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:21 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Wait, what? Now you're just handwaving it away?

Is she instant or not? If yes, then she's everywhere at once, wherever her blinks take her.

Should Diana have withstood the punch from Zoom that was faster than light? When Superman hit Konvikt with enough force to shed planet (hell, cities), what should've happened to the surrounding area?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:31 PM
DarkSaint85

Should Diana have withstood the punch from Zoom that was faster than light? When Superman hit Konvikt with enough force to shed planet (hell, cities), what should've happened to the surrounding area?

Wait, so are we taking them as metaphors now, like this piece of gold:

There really isn't. The fought, Onslaught was tapping that head in, Hulk got pissed and punched his body into pieces.

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Um... You said "dust" before

Stop dissecting everything I say. That's called a metaphore. Of course he was dirt pieces on the floor. I wonder if I said punched him into candies pieces if you would taken it seriously.

But when Blink does things in the blink of an eye, or a fraction of an instant, we take it as gospel?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:35 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
...This again.

Oy.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 08:02 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Never stated it was....but I go off character portrayals as opposed to what they can do and I see the jla assessing the oppositions strengths (save flash, Diana) before going all blitzkrieg. That will imo allow enough time for some varied assault that I don't see them tanking.

Blitzing imo is the least likely scenario.

also that scan you posted isn't that when Clark was chasing baby new gods across metropolis?

I disagree. Do you see Chase showing off and getting shot too? Fantomex running away? Gorgon starting with melee? It seems like you know the JLA outmatches that team, so you apply CIS to the Leaguers only. They're in an arena and told to KO each other. CIS means Kal and Flash won't decapitate someone, but it doesn't keep them from using speed. They only need a fraction of it to blitz the people here.

Even if we ignore that, you admit Flash and Diana will do it. Either one of them could end the match right then. They don't even have to KO everyone. Just Chase.

Again, take Superman, even without blitzing. He's resisted trasmutation enough that the stone stare isn't likely. Batman 1 Million needs a KO to soul steal, Fantomex's misdirect will last all of 2 seconds, Kal's broken free of time stops/slows, and Carnage gets the Sentry treatment. The team beating Superman requires a miracle(Longshot is a good choice), and we haven't even factored in his other high herald teammates. Conversely, a freeze breath attacks ravages them.

It wrecks my team too, but I'm not being judged here.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 16th, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 10:04 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

A miracle..would you say it was a...longshot?

Edit: also, with regards to Fantomex - I honestly have no idea WHEN the misdirection starts, or does he need to consciously activate it, or does it kick in when he's in danger, or is it always on.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jan 16th, 2017 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 10:07 PM
Cogito

1. Someone who can get into the batcave and nab some of Batman's anti-JL contingency plans (a la Tower of Babel). I'd go with Alfred.

2. Other rando's to execute the plans.

I win.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 10:15 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by krisblaze
Domino and longshot arent doing shit.

Liar! mad
A miracle..would you say it was a...longshot?

Edit: also, with regards to Fantomex - I honestly have no idea WHEN the misdirection starts, or does he need to consciously activate it, or does it kick in when he's in danger, or is it always on.

I edited right after I posted that. Forgot the switch to Longshot. Good pick. thumb up

And Fantomex is an interesting one. It is difficult to tell exactly when it starts, because Remender is awesome. My reason for the 2 seconds comment was this though: When this match begins, I'm thinking it'll only take 2 seconds tops for Diana to "complete" the scenario. At which point, Fantomex just becomes a guy with handguns.

Also, I'm not picking on your team specifically. Mine probably gets wrecked even worse, since everything rides on Nico. I just don't see why Sin is so confident here. Terra Occulta isn't usable, but I feel like it illustrates Ambrose vs Supes well enough. Supes has the feats to say he could do it.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 16th, 2017 at 10:40 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 10:26 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yah.

It's just ALL together. Ambrose buys time for the team, whereupon Fantomex traps them in an illusion (with Jean and Prof X, the illusion lasted HOURS).

Enough time for Rogue to sap their strength, giving Carnage time to control them (he took over Surfer, THE high herald in Marvel and Cap, THE strong will guy) plus Herc to uncover his shield or whatever, plus a soul steal from Bats (I didn't THINK he needed a KO first).

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 11:11 PM