KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Meta Team to take out the JLA

Meta Team to take out the JLA
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wait, so are we taking them as metaphors now, like this piece of gold:

But when Blink does things in the blink of an eye, or a fraction of an instant, we take it as gospel?

You're the one who's saying there should be two Blink's if she is moving at instantaneous speed when both of us know comics doesn't work like that. If this is your only argument then this doesn't need to continue until you apply this to every showing in comics. Start with Havok creating a Blackhole on Earth and nothing happening to the surrounding area and go from there.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 11:38 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by carver9
You're the one who's saying there should be two Blink's if she is moving at instantaneous speed when both of us know comics doesn't work like that. If this is your only argument then this doesn't need to continue until you apply this to every showing in comics. Start with Havok creating a Blackhole on Earth and nothing happening to the surrounding area and go from there.

Bringing up weird examples that don't apply at all in the slightest isn't going to convince people that Blink can somehow outspeed Barry or Wally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 11:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

A miracle..would you say it was a...longshot?

I hate you so much.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:00 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
Bringing up weird examples that don't apply at all in the slightest isn't going to convince people that Blink can somehow outspeed Barry or Wally.

What's weird about what I said? Darksaint needs to apply that logic across the board, not just for Blink.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:14 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What's weird about what I said? Darksaint needs to apply that logic across the board, not just for Blink.

Nobody is disputing that consistency is needed. You're just using really, really bad examples.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
Nobody is disputing that consistency is needed. You're just using really, really bad examples.

He's using one example as evidence of Blink not being so fast. It took her forever to teleport into that room. We both know that's not the case with her powerset.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:29 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He's using one example as evidence of Blink not being so fast. It took her forever to teleport into that room. We both know that's not the case with her powerset.

Even if that were true, it's also not the case that she can out-reflex Barry or Wally.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:30 AM
StyleTime

Yah.

It's just ALL together. Ambrose buys time for the team, whereupon Fantomex traps them in an illusion (with Jean and Prof X, the illusion lasted HOURS).

Enough time for Rogue to sap their strength, giving Carnage time to control them (he took over Surfer, THE high herald in Marvel and Cap, THE strong will guy) plus Herc to uncover his shield or whatever, plus a soul steal from Bats (I didn't THINK he needed a KO first).

I don't know. Even all together, it just seems like a Longshot(ba-zing). Here's why I feel like that.

Jean and Charles cooperated with him, so he could misdirect all he wanted. Usually, once the gig is up, he must run or fight. Deadpool, Agent Zero, and others have fought him post illusion. Psylocke straight up knocked him out. If we want to get technical, we saw how misdirection works when Archangel's crew wrecked X-Force. It's plenty of time to get blitzed or freeze breathed.
https://postimg.org/image/s1wva5oih/

Surfer was ambushed, and Carnage never got full control. Combined with his remorse over feeding the Symbiotes to Galactus, I think the feat is overblown. The relevant combatants here can dodge/punt/imprison a flying symbiote, then Kassidy is down.

Bats 1 Million. Well, he's certainly never done it on someone conscious or resisting. He needs to be close to use that device too.

Most importantly, Chase. This plan hinges on his time control, but his area of influence is just plain too small. People standing a few feet behind him were unaffected by it. He can't snap his fingers and put a halt to everyone. I don't recall him actually stopping time anyway, apart from his "deat", which froze him too.
https://postimg.org/image/axajxw7bb/
https://postimg.org/image/k6cq80g7b/

I just feel like the JLA has tons of options, while the meta teams basically have one or two gimmicks that absolutely have to work flawlessly to win. Then again, you do have Longshot.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 17th, 2017 at 02:57 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:45 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by krisblaze
Domino and longshot arent doing shit.

In what way is the JLA team above the order and chaos entities that LS encountered in "Longshot saves the MU"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 11:58 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe swap Gorgon out for Fantomex. Buys my team even more time.

Batman's soul stealing and Gorgon's stone stare isn't enough? smile

Fantomex kind of makes it unfair, if we're using KMC version.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 12:26 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have some ideas.

1. Princess Projectra.

2. Dream Girl.

3. Brainiac 5.

4. Vril Dox.

5. Booster Gold.

6. Plastic Man.

7. Aquarian.

A. Batman (Batman has a letter for his place, because he's beyond team placements He is not the eight member of this team, because he says so.)

P.S. Batman: Brave and the Bold animated version of Batman.

Even without Bats, there's everything you need to beat this JLA lineup.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 18th, 2017 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:02 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

This team would utterly anihilate the JLA:

Count Dracula...
COUnt draCula....
counT DRacuLA...
couNt dracuLA...
COUNt DRACula....
COUNT DRACUla...
counT dracuLA...

All they'd have to do is sneak up on the JLA with stealth and by using an army of rats, bats, and wolves as distractions....

Then they hypotize them all gaze attacks...

The finish them all with bites to the neck...

Game over JLA...
Dracula wins...
And he doezsnt even need his Primary Adamantium Katana's to do it...

smile

Old Post Jan 20th, 2017 01:36 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote