KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who Is The God Of Strength?

Who Is The God Of Strength?
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Magnon

The one with the strength of 1 Herc.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 09:16 AM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Literally? Magni.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 09:23 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

This thread really blew up in LoB's dog face.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 02:58 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Re: Re: Who Is The God Of Strength?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Not Superman.

But i digress,
The titles dont have universal applicability in comics, where you have multiple pantheons coexisting (contrary to the original mythologies, where they were mutually exclusive). For example, Thor may be the god of thunder amongst the Aesir, but that doesn't make his lightning the equal or superior of Zeus'.

Actually, each pantheon tends to have it's own individual god of 'X', so Hermes is the god of speed amongst the Olympians, while Hermod is the god of speed amongst the Aesir. Apollo is the god of light amongst the Olympians, whereas Balder is the god of light amongst the Aesir. Aphrodite is the Olmypian goddess of love, while Freyja is the Asgardian goddess of love. And so on.

There might not be an official god of strength amongst the Aesir, but Thor is essentially that for them, while you can debate whether Kratos or Hercules is more deserving of that title amongst the Olympians (Marvel Herc is stronger than Kratos, but he hasn't always been considered a true god).

You STOLE this from, Shuruku Demon, you HERETIC!!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 06:22 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You STOLE this from, Shuruku Demon, you HERETIC!!!

What are you babbling about

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 06:34 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Damborgson
Literally? Magni.

Isn't that in AD&D (from my memories) ?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 06:46 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Sin I AM
What are you babbling about

Shuruku Demon has provided an in-depth analysis of various pantheons and their distinct titles of power. This plagiarizing, heretic, comes in here and tries to pass it off as his own.

Riv, barely has the IQ to type out messages much less provide insight on mythology.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 07:03 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Shuruku Demon has provided an in-depth analysis of various pantheons and their distinct titles of power. This plagiarizing, heretic, comes in here and tries to pass it off as his own.

Riv, barely has the IQ to type out messages much less provide insight on mythology.

References?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 07:31 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

God? Batman.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 08:57 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Isn't that in AD&D (from my memories) ?

Magni is Thors son

hmmmmm...Shuruku from herochat?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 09:43 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mistaken Magnir for KORD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kord_(Greyhawk)

My bad.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 02:57 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

My bad.

it's all good. 2 points for reading AD&D

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 03:11 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

My bad.

Ha, yeah no this is Thor's son I'm talking about.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 03:37 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Magni is Thors son

If Riv plagiarized another posters thoughts and tried to pass them off as his own that has to be one of the saddest displays of trying to be respected I've ever come across on the wide world of internet message boards.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 04:58 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
References?

Magni is Thors son

http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=13690.0

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:08 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by quanchi112
If Riv plagiarized another posters thoughts and tried to pass them off as his own that has to be one of the saddest displays of trying to be respected I've ever come across on the wide world of internet message boards.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:09 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Cringe.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:10 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by quanchi112
Cringe.

The HERETIC has offended The House Of El for too long!!!!

I HAD TO PUT THE INFIDEL DOWN!!!!!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:13 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

In my opinion, I don't think these titles have universal applicability in comics, where you have multiple pantheons coexisting (contrary to the original mythologies, where they were mutually exclusive). For example, Thor may be the god of thunder amongst the Aesir, but that doesn't make his lightning the equal or superior of Zeus'.

Actually, each pantheon tends to have it's own individual god of 'X', so Hermes is the god of speed amongst the Olympians, while Hermod is the god of speed amongst the Aesir. Apollo is the god of light amongst the Olympians, while Balder is the god of light amongst the Aesir. Aphrodite is the Olympian goddess of love, while Freyja is the Asgardian goddess of love. And so on.

Magni is the official god of strength among the Aesir, while Kratos is the official god of strength among the Olympians, although you can debate whether they're actually the strongest gods within each group.

Face

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:14 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Lol herochat no less. Shuruku is a good poster though, atleast he plagiarized someone who knew what they were talking about. Normally riv just cosigns people he thinks are right. 👍

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:14 AM