KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Shazam! (2019)

Shazam! (2019)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
James T. Kirk
Captain

Wonder Woman was a success because of Patty Jenkins.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 02:54 PM
James T. Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send James T. Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by James T. Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by James T. Kirk
And Gal Gadot. You can’t sell a movie with an abysmal actor in the lead role. Gal Gadot is the best thing the dceu has to offer thus far.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 02:55 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
James T. Kirk
Captain

"You can't sell a movie with an abysmal actor in the lead role."

The bank accounts of Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Jason Statham and countless others scream otherwise.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 02:58 PM
James T. Kirk is currently offline Click here to Send James T. Kirk a Private Message Find more posts by James T. Kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

"You can't sell a movie with an abysmal actor in the lead role."

The bank accounts of Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal, Jason Statham and countless others scream otherwise.
Great action stars. No one is asking them to throw up a gone with the wind performance. Gal Gadot is perfect for the role of WW just like those guys were greatly suited for the action roles. You don’t hire a fat man who can act the shit out of any role in an action film because it would look ridiculous.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 03:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
James T. Kirk
Captain

We're never gonna agree on this. I think all the people I mentioned are abysmal actors and I probably always will.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 03:16 PM
Darth Thor

thumb up

In terms of good acting, Chris Pine carried the film along. Thats why they are bringing him back for the sequel.

And Patty Jenkins herself said she never would have chosen Gadot. That said Jenkins did manage to get an acceptable performance out of her. Something Snyder couldnt do.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 05:15 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

While I still don't get the salt behind Gal Gadot being Wonder Woman at this point, I do agree that there are other actresses that could have fit the role better.

I also agree that Gadot isn't strong enough of an actress to carry a movie on her own but I'm not entirely sure bringing Chris Pine back was the best solution to that. Well Patty Jenkins has proven herself and I genuinely enjoyed WW and look forward to the sequel

Now this Aquaman movie really needs to hit it out the park with the trailer as Mamoa-man has been pretty forgettable so far.

Edit: Forgot this was the Shazam thread but I stand by my position.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:22 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Hollywood is well know for having a very Anti Israelite Anti-Semantic Tendency.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:39 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

In terms of good acting, Chris Pine carried the film along. Thats why they are bringing him back for the sequel.

And Patty Jenkins herself said she never would have chosen Gadot. That said Jenkins did manage to get an acceptable performance out of her. Something Snyder couldnt do.
WW was the best thing about Batman v. Superman. I said this right after the film. Granted she isn’t in it much but she definitely stole the spotlight hero wise from the film.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 02:32 AM
Darth Thor

WW might have been. But Gadots little bits of dialogue in that were executed terribly. Dont think she had a line in the whole Doomsday fight. She was just there to look good.

Much like Mera now. Thats just how DC roles.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 10:21 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

And yet you were always cool with Gadot erm

because Gadot was awesome in her movie as Wonder Woman. You can argue a better actress could do a better job, but Gadot has set the bar really ****ing high imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 10:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
because Gadot was awesome in her movie as Wonder Woman. You can argue a better actress could do a better job, but Gadot has set the bar really ****ing high imo.

No idea what Oscar performance you saw. I just saw Pine and Jenkins carrying Gadot along to make her performance tolerable, after she was terrible in BvS.

But to each their own.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 10:26 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No idea what Oscar performance you saw. I just saw Pine and Jenkins carrying Gadot along to make her performance tolerable, after she was terrible in BvS.

But to each their own.

I saw her embody Wonder Woman. I honestly don't know how you didn't, but fair enough I suppose.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 10:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^no its fair at all.
This and the Captain Marvel threads are just these huge bitchfests w. ppl who dont seem to know how to just enjoy a movie, or failing that, have the common courtesy to stay out of a discussion theyve already made their point on, so as to not suck the fun out of it for those who actually want to discuss the movies in a positive manner.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 10:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^no its fair at all.
This and the Captain Marvel threads are just these huge bitchfests w. ppl who dont seem to know how to just enjoy a movie, or failing that, have the common courtesy to stay out of a discussion theyve already made their point on, so as to not suck the fun out of it for those who actually want to discuss the movies in a positive manner.

I don't mind differing opinions; I even try to see things from other people's perspectives. Sometimes I'm just not capable of it though, like in this case.

I loved Gadot in the role.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 11:02 AM
riv6672

There’s a difference between differing opinions and continuous bitching, though.

Case in point, me in the Black Panther movie thread.
After a half dozen posts, i sat back and said to myself,
‘I have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to this discussion, nor do i -want- to. Any further participation will just be ego on my part, and i’ll just be actively trying to bait ppl into arguing so i can complain more.’
So, i dropped out of the conversation, and never went back in the thread.
Why ruin it for everyone else?

The ppl i complained about in the previous post are doing just what i would have been doing in that thread if i’d stayed.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 11:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

I thought Gal was great, that woman is a goddess

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 04:23 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
There’s a difference between differing opinions and continuous bitching, though.

Case in point, me in the Black Panther movie thread.
After a half dozen posts, i sat back and said to myself,
‘I have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to this discussion, nor do i -want- to. Any further participation will just be ego on my part, and i’ll just be actively trying to bait ppl into arguing so i can complain more.’
So, i dropped out of the conversation, and never went back in the thread.
Why ruin it for everyone else?

The ppl i complained about in the previous post are doing just what i would have been doing in that thread if i’d stayed.

What you see as bitching might be cathartic venting to other people, though. If you're bitching for bitching's sake, sure, you shouldn't be doing that, but complaints are just as valid a kind of feedback as compliments.

I mean, you could easily argue that believing yourself as being able to spoil a person's enjoyment of a movie, or ruin their experience, is a kind of self-serving, ego-related argument.

If I'm misunderstanding you though, my bad.

I don't like needless bitching either way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 08:23 PM
riv6672

^^^

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 12:33 AM
quanchi112
Disney

WW might have been. But Gadots little bits of dialogue in that were executed terribly. Dont think she had a line in the whole Doomsday fight. She was just there to look good.

Much like Mera now. Thats just how DC roles.
I disagree. She did have dialogue and it fit her character. What the hell arr you expecting from WW? The guy who phoned in his performance is Affleck. The dude couldn’t even keep in shape for the reshoots. This is the guy you were crazy over when he was just generic as Batman even at his best.

It’s also how dc rolls not roles, nitwit. You are not a bright person.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 01:59 PM