KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Shazam! (2019)

Shazam! (2019)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (109): « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 50 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Seeing the newest trailed, I have a sliver of hope for this film, it looks like they're taking a lighthearted approach and making the film geared towards the younger audience, which is fine, I enjoy a good kid's flick if done well.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 06:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro

Furthermore, you're criticizing the movies themselves for not being good or lacking depth. What does this have to do with Johnson? Even in some of the more average or bad movies Johnson's performance has been critically praised. He's proven himself to be a solid actor. Hardly the next coming of Daniel Day-Lewis or Marlon Brando, but good.

My critique was that there are plenty of actors out there that has better acting chops than Dwayne Johnson, hence he could be easily replaced. As for that list of movies, not a lot in there to stretch an actors talent is there?

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 07:11 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Jumanji was pretty good. I can't see anyone taking Adam's role now.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 07:27 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

jumanji was nothing special.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 08:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by tkitna
My critique was that there are plenty of actors out there that has better acting chops than Dwayne Johnson, hence he could be easily replaced. As for that list of movies, not a lot in there to stretch an actors talent is there?

Who would you choose to be Adam, anyway?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 11:54 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Zack M
Jumanji was pretty good. I can't see anyone taking Adam's role now.

The only good part in Jumanji was when Kevin Hart was tossed out of the helicopter and then trampled by Rhino's. Seriously, that movie sucked.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 11:41 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I think most people disagree with you guys there.

Jumanji was a massive surprise hit. And certified fresh on RT.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 11:43 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Who would you choose to be Adam, anyway?

Any decent actor in a puffy costume like Shazam's can play him. It doesnt have to be the Rock.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 11:44 AM
Darth Thor

Agreed the Rock is not necessary at all.

But Zack has a point, its hard to imagine the Rock not playing him after theyve been going on about that for 4years.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 11:46 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Jumamji was a hit I didn’t care for at all. Skyscraper wasn’t. I don’t want the rock to play Teth but I don’t see the worlds of dc ever rivaling the quality of the MCU to anyone. Worlds of dc is the junior varsity.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 12:40 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The Rock will jump ship lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 05:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Who in their right mind would want to be a part of worlds of dc over the MCU if given the choice. No one.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 06:28 PM
Flyattractor

You mean How can People be a Fan of more then one thing?

Its Called Being OPEN MINDED and Not a FanBoy Fanatic.

You Miserable little Hype Troll.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 08:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
The Rock will jump ship lol

I doubt it, it's another huge paycheck for him and opens the door to yet another franchise. The only way I see it happening if scheduling conflicts in 2019 and he's able to break the contract.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 08:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
You mean How can People be a Fan of more then one thing?

Its Called Being OPEN MINDED and Not a FanBoy Fanatic.

You Miserable little Hype Troll.
Im saying you have to had to choose between one successful company and other shit show at dc. Dc can’t even smell a billion these days. No comparison. Dc is pitiful.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 09:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard
I doubt it, it's another huge paycheck for him and opens the door to yet another franchise. The only way I see it happening if scheduling conflicts in 2019 and he's able to break the contract.

i know, i do ike him in some things so hopefully he'll stay and black adam can get made

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 09:17 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

In the new continuity when Captain Marvel shares his power with the others does that weaken him or is he the same power level?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 02:00 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Agreed the Rock is not necessary at all.

But Zack has a point, its hard to imagine the Rock not playing him after theyve been going on about that for 4years.

Rock has that presence that I can't see anyone else doing, IMO. He's been attached to the role for so long, that it would be a shame for him not doing it.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 09:43 AM
John Murdoch

Loved the trailer. Zachary Levi looks like he was born to play this role, and I cannot wait to see this.

FINALLY, DC is wising up and including some humor and comedy in their films, seeing as their schtick has historically been more light-hearted elements blended with serious moments compared to Marvel's more angst and socially-conscious fare.

Pseudo-realism and seriousness worked nigh-perfectly for TDK trilogy, but DC on the silver screen was about grand adventure and the macabre beforehand with Superman and Batman.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 02:57 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Rock has that presence that I can't see anyone else doing, IMO. He's been attached to the role for so long, that it would be a shame for him not doing it.

Yeah I mean he was the one who first announced they are doing a Shazam film.

He even had his pick of Shazam (Marvel) or Black Adam.

Personally think he could have done Shazam well, looking at Jumanji.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 04:49 PM