KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Blast vs Their Durability

The Blast vs Their Durability
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

The Blast vs Their Durability

I recently read a Thanos comic that had him get hit a few times with a blast that was able to blow several top tier character to bits, and yet he was able to get back up from.

Gladiator was killed by it on panel, as it blew right through his durability maiming him.

Thor was maimed and killed.

Hyperion was maimed and killed.

These guys weren't able to withstand one blast from weaponry designed to destroy a planet. Yet Thanos was able to not only survive a few of those same blasts, but continue to rise and fight.

Is it safe to say that Thanos is tougher than any top tier out there, or is there one that would be able to survive what the others could not.

Characters like Deathseed Sentry are not allowed for obvious reasons. This is a simple question of durability.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 01:36 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
backup

Superboy Prime.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:07 AM
backup is currently offline Click here to Send backup a Private Message Find more posts by backup Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

Re: The Blast vs Their Durability

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
I recently read a Thanos comic that had him get hit a few times with a blast that was able to blow several top tier character to bits, and yet he was able to get back up from.

Gladiator was killed by it on panel, as it blew right through his durability maiming him.

These guys weren't able to withstand one blast from weaponry designed to destroy a planet. Yet Thanos was able to not only survive a few of those same blasts, but continue to rise and fight.

Is it safe to say that Thanos is tougher than any top tier out there, or is there one that would be able to survive what the others could not.

Characters like Deathseed Sentry are not allowed for obvious reasons. This is a simple question of durability.
thanos is above the likes of thor, normal superman, hulk, Sliver surfer etc. So no top tiers or eating it but say juggernaut, and doomsday they're whole gig is durability.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:23 AM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

Originally posted by backup
Superboy Prime.
superboy prime is beyond skyfather level so yes hell tank it. Normal superman probably be knocked out or worst

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:25 AM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Re: The Blast vs Their Durability

Originally posted by mighty adam
thanos is above the likes of superman
no

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:32 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Hulk would and I'm basing this off of him surviving an attack that would've killed any being on Earth and the attack was getting more powerful by the second.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 03:05 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by carver9
Hulk would and I'm basing this off of him surviving an attack that would've killed any being on Earth and the attack was getting more powerful by the second.

But Hulk was one of the ones that was killed, although it was off panel. Only Thanos remained. For me, it was pretty much the deciding factor that convinced me that Thanos may just be more durable than any top tier.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 04:33 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Re: The Blast vs Their Durability

Post the scans

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 05:48 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

hulk was killed by that attack, but I know you're going to say "show Hulk getting killed" because you cant understand the story.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 06:46 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Thanos durability was increase by death herself, thats why Thanos can tank or take more damage than top tiers, only one can come close to his durability would be juggernaut

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 07:51 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by the Darkone
only one can come close to his durability would be juggernaut

Yup. If Juggernaut actually had his forcefield up, I think he could survive the blast. Keep in mind this dude took a Godblast and only complained that it was SLOWLY forcing him back.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 08:14 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Insane Titan
hulk was killed by that attack, but I know you're going to say "show Hulk getting killed" because you cant understand the story.

Carter not understanding the story?!!?!! eek! Noooooo!!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 08:15 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Delta1938
Carter not understanding the story?!!?!! eek! Noooooo!!
He's done this before about this story. He said because Hulk wasn't shown to be killed he didn't die lol and that he may have been ko'd/hiding somewhere. The story even says everyone dies besides Thanos, Annihilus is watching the whole battle on a screen and scans the battlefield to see if anyone survived the attack.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 08:56 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Thanos durability is in the high Skyfather range. Only if one takes the highest showings top tier chars could compete.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 09:37 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I was gonna say - Thanos has taken blasts from THE Skyfather, Odin, without dying.

So....yeah.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 09:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

But Hulk was one of the ones that was killed, although it was off panel. Only Thanos remained. For me, it was pretty much the deciding factor that convinced me that Thanos may just be more durable than any top tier.

Never showed he died. He remained behind.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 09:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Scans?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:22 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Never showed he died. He remained behind.
if any reason was needed to show what's really wrong with this forum, here is the answer.

As predicted.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:37 PM
h1a8

What comic is this? So Thor and Gladiator are now dead?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 11:13 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Post the scans

Posting the scans would stretch the page out a lot. It all took place in Thanos: The Infinity Finale. I'd need to set up a photo account with one of the sites out there in order to properly show scans. Plus I believe that it's against the rules to post links.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 11:30 PM