KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » When bias can lead to good arguments.

When bias can lead to good arguments.
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
laughing out loud both in fcking spades
Lets be about business here. Are you very familiar with the Star Wars original trilogy ?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 04:43 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Lets be about business here. Are you very familiar with the Star Wars original trilogy ?
I dabble in such things, yes.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 04:44 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ILS
I dabble in such things, yes.
Ok since you are familiar with the Ot ID say it's fair for you to represent the first three films against the Kelvin timeline trilogy from Star Trek. This will be a massive galactic war under our commands. We can see who is the superior debater and you can have Palpatine's shitty army at your command. What do you say ?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 04:48 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

I can't stand Kbro

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 05:16 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Nova saying Traya is Vader tier because she killed Fodder Sith

Nova saying Meetra=Kenobi because she can beat Traya who dodged saber strikes and Darth Sion

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 05:32 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

How does this stuff even spark an interesting conversation though? Let's face it. The forums are 40% drama, 40% trolling, 19% pissing contests and 1% meaningful discussion and debate. The the only person that I've debated that has ever sparked any meaningful and interesting conversation. Is Joker.

The thing about these forums is most of the times, they're too stubborn and afraid of the idea of being proved wrong. The forums praise someone for essentially doing the text equivalent of a child covering their ears and yelling "lalalallalala."This isn't some Harvard or Yale level debating tactic, this is a child's temper tantrum. The fact is this supposed tactic kills any intellectual thought and discussion. Because facts aren't being presented truthfully at times, sometimes they're manipulated and ripped from context, thus tricking the "jury." and in the rare occasions of LadyKulvax, they're knowingly or unknowingly forging documents that would help them win a case. Instead of a contest of facts, wits and the mind. What it devolves too is not a discussion where both parties want to leave with a new level of respect or admiration for both the character/subject they are debating, but rather it comes down to an obsession with beating and "destroying" them. No facts, just they're personal opinion and that, with all due respect ILS, doesn't cause a riveting discussion, it forces a debate and discussion to come to a grinding halt.

Just how I look at it anyway.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 06:02 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Old news, for those with a brain.
smile thumb up

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 08:02 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Yeah. Finding ways to wank certain feats for characters I like has allowed me to use those arguments that generally apply to all characters to improve my ability to debate any character or specifically characters that share similar feats.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 08:14 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

ILS' post falls apart when you look at people like Syndicate, Erkan and the likes. They don't adapt; they repeat their arguments and maybe add something new, but it generally stays the same. And they'll never concede. You can only wait them out.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 08:35 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Arguments don't need to be changed if they fail to be countered.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 08:45 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

But if they are countered and you just regurgitate them and say: "Herr, I win, you loose!" then they do need a change.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 09:08 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

There are only ever two things I can agree with Myth. That Shaak is good, and that Syn is a f-uckinging retarded pelican fearing c-unt smile

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 09:30 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Yeah. Finding ways to wank certain feats for characters I like has allowed me to use those arguments that generally apply to all characters to improve my ability to debate any character or specifically characters that share similar feats.
No, you don't count. sad

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 10:03 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ok since you are familiar with the Ot ID say it's fair for you to represent the first three films against the Kelvin timeline trilogy from Star Trek. This will be a massive galactic war under our commands. We can see who is the superior debater and you can have Palpatine's shitty army at your command. What do you say ?
Well since no one else will I'll give it a shot before I get out of here. I wanna get my shit together in other places so we'll do this sometime mid-February. Link me to this Kelvin trilogy on wikipedia.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 10:04 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
How does this stuff even spark an interesting conversation though? Let's face it. The forums are 40% drama, 40% trolling, 19% pissing contests and 1% meaningful discussion and debate. The the only person that I've debated that has ever sparked any meaningful and interesting conversation. Is Joker.

The thing about these forums is most of the times, they're too stubborn and afraid of the idea of being proved wrong. The forums praise someone for essentially doing the text equivalent of a child covering their ears and yelling "lalalallalala."This isn't some Harvard or Yale level debating tactic, this is a child's temper tantrum. The fact is this supposed tactic kills any intellectual thought and discussion. Because facts aren't being presented truthfully at times, sometimes they're manipulated and ripped from context, thus tricking the "jury." and in the rare occasions of LadyKulvax, they're knowingly or unknowingly forging documents that would help them win a case. Instead of a contest of facts, wits and the mind. What it devolves too is not a discussion where both parties want to leave with a new level of respect or admiration for both the character/subject they are debating, but rather it comes down to an obsession with beating and "destroying" them. No facts, just they're personal opinion and that, with all due respect ILS, doesn't cause a riveting discussion, it forces a debate and discussion to come to a grinding halt.

Just how I look at it anyway.

This.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 10:11 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're not wrong in some cases, but 1% is kind of a huge generalisation. That said, with the way things are looking, it may not be long before we truly descend into darkness.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 10:23 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
There are only ever two things I can agree with Myth. That Shaak is good, and that Syn is a f-uckinging retarded pelican fearing c-unt smile

Wut about Kenobi being uber powerful? smile

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 10:30 AM
cs_zoltan

As long as you are in denial about the powergap between Kenobi and Dooku it's only a partial agreement

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 10:38 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

You mean Dooku ragdolling him? Yes, we can agree on that. smile

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 10:38 AM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
you are in denial

Old Post Jan 19th, 2017 10:43 AM