KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lobo w/clone making ability Vs WWH

Lobo w/clone making ability Vs WWH
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
So you have no grasp of reality. Noted. That being said based off the evidence Hulk wins.

I prefer not to mess with reality when it has Quan goo all over it.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 08:10 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Good answers.

Thank you.

Further to my point:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 10:16 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I prefer not to mess with reality when it has Quan goo all over it.
Concession accepted.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 11:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Concession accepted.

....no, its more like...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 11:53 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

....no, its more like...

Nah.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 12:55 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

So you have no grasp of reality. Noted. That being said based off the evidence Hulk wins.

So you're saying he has no grasp on reality. While you're on a forum site discussing fictional characters been put against each other in a fictional setting!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 05:43 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Lobo may or may not have the strength of some versions of Superman, but he lacks flight, seems to lack any desire to fight skillfully whether he can or not, and seems to be about as inclined to fight at speed as The Blob does when he's fighting X-Men. it seems as if someone were asking the question
"How would you expect Hulk to fare against an opponent who does nothing but brawl and insult Hulk's manhood, and then brawls and insults Hulk some more constantly angering him and thus making Hulk ever stronger and tougher?"

Am I missing something, or is this really what I'm being asked?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 06:26 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nah.

Now thats the Quan Response I know...

Lobo may or may not have the strength of some versions of Superman, but he lacks flight, seems to lack any desire to fight skillfully whether he can or not, and seems to be about as inclined to fight at speed as The Blob does when he's fighting X-Men. it seems as if someone were asking the question
"How would you expect Hulk to fare against an opponent who does nothing but brawl and insult Hulk's manhood, and then brawls and insults Hulk some more constantly angering him and thus making Hulk ever stronger and tougher?"

Classic Lobo fought the way He did because He Wants to drag the fights out. Killing His opponent in the first few seconds can be fun but after a while it gets boring.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 06:51 AM
DarkSaint85

We know exactly what happens when a character forgets their skills, and engages WWH in a brawl.

His name is Sentry, and that ended with the gamma punched out of Bruce.

He doesn't just keep getting infinitely angry in a fight. WWH was the angriest he had ever been, and it was due to him being betrayed by his illuminati friends, coupled with losing his home, his wife and unborn child, coupled with being betrayed by his Warbound, his brother in arms, coupled with the realisation his anger had been misplaced, coupled with that same Warbound attacking him, and hurting instead his oldest buddy.

THAT'S what it takes for him to amp beyond what we've seen. He doesn't go above that in a mere fight, not even when he's had a gigantic hole blown in him by one of his hated,enemies (Strange), or when another sends children to fight him (X). Or when his oldest enemy, Ross, shoots him in the eye.

Is Lobo on Sentry's level? Debateable. How about ten Lobos? 50? 100?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 11:28 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by SquallX
So you're saying he has no grasp on reality. While you're on a forum site discussing fictional characters been put against each other in a fictional setting!
He is basing his answer off reality while I'm basing it off the evidence.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 02:49 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Now thats the Quan Response I know...

Classic Lobo fought the way He did because He Wants to drag the fights out. Killing His opponent in the first few seconds can be fun but after a while it gets boring.

You already lost when you based your answer off reality. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 02:49 PM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
We know exactly what happens when a character forgets their skills, and engages WWH in a brawl.

His name is Sentry, and that ended with the gamma punched out of Bruce.

He doesn't just keep getting infinitely angry in a fight. WWH was the angriest he had ever been, and it was due to him being betrayed by his illuminati friends, coupled with losing his home, his wife and unborn child, coupled with being betrayed by his Warbound, his brother in arms, coupled with the realisation his anger had been misplaced, coupled with that same Warbound attacking him, and hurting instead his oldest buddy.

THAT'S what it takes for him to amp beyond what we've seen. He doesn't go above that in a mere fight, not even when he's had a gigantic hole blown in him by one of his hated,enemies (Strange), or when another sends children to fight him (X). Or when his oldest enemy, Ross, shoots him in the eye.

Is Lobo on Sentry's level? Debateable. How about ten Lobos? 50? 100?

I can see Hulk taking out as many as 5 Lobos more or less simultaneously if they're trying to swarm Hulk, which everything I've read of the character's history and everything I've been presented in this thread says he'd do.
For I don't see anything Lobo's got that would place him above the level of Red Hulk, and that fight, as we saw, can be ended by a thunderclap, which Hulk WOULD perform, if we're basing this on the type of tactics he routinely employed throughout Greg Pak's arc. Notice that superior numbers do not protect against this type of attack, either; the thunderclap is a noted team buster, at least for small teams of 3-7 members. I give Hulk at least 7/10 if he's got 5 or fewer of Lobo to deal with.

I would also rank Lobo under Sentry level; mainly because the premise of this thread is that Lobo is going to be making clones of himself from his own blood, which means first that he's going to be made to bleed, which you seem to imply is going to be very easy. In other words, Lobo's level of invulnerability is far inferior to Sentry's; he's easier to damage.

Sentry is problematic and in a class by himself, though. For starters, one major point made even in the WWH arc is that Sentry has a CALMING effect on Hulk. In other words, he can take AWAY much of the rage that empowers a character basically fueled by rage. He'd be a bad model for how a Lobo/WWH fight would go based on that alone.

I've heard another explanation for why Sentry is so "special", though, and it sounds fascinating, and I'll present it to you because you seem to have one of the wider reading backgrounds of the posters in this thread and can tell me if this IS in fact one of the official explanations of why Sentry seems to have the power to do or be almost anything he wants to be in the Marvel Universe:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...powerful/90950/

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 03:52 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You already lost when you based your answer off reality. laughing out loud

Thats not true. I have stomped on your reality plenty of times.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 07:27 PM
DarkSaint85

I can see Hulk taking out as many as 5 Lobos more or less simultaneously if they're trying to swarm Hulk, which everything I've read of the character's history and everything I've been presented in this thread says he'd do.
For I don't see anything Lobo's got that would place him above the level of Red Hulk, and that fight, as we saw, can be ended by a thunderclap, which Hulk WOULD perform, if we're basing this on the type of tactics he routinely employed throughout Greg Pak's arc. Notice that superior numbers do not protect against this type of attack, either; the thunderclap is a noted team buster, at least for small teams of 3-7 members. I give Hulk at least 7/10 if he's got 5 or fewer of Lobo to deal with.

I would also rank Lobo under Sentry level; mainly because the premise of this thread is that Lobo is going to be making clones of himself from his own blood, which means first that he's going to be made to bleed, which you seem to imply is going to be very easy. In other words, Lobo's level of invulnerability is far inferior to Sentry's; he's easier to damage.

Sentry is problematic and in a class by himself, though. For starters, one major point made even in the WWH arc is that Sentry has a CALMING effect on Hulk. In other words, he can take AWAY much of the rage that empowers a character basically fueled by rage. He'd be a bad model for how a Lobo/WWH fight would go based on that alone.

I've heard another explanation for why Sentry is so "special", though, and it sounds fascinating, and I'll present it to you because you seem to have one of the wider reading backgrounds of the posters in this thread and can tell me if this IS in fact one of the official explanations of why Sentry seems to have the power to do or be almost anything he wants to be in the Marvel Universe:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...powerful/90950/

Except Lobo also has quite the healing factor, which renders him....a bit tougher than Rulk to put down:

Easier to damage, sure. Easier to put down? Ermm....

Now multiply this by...well, as many as you want.

And whilst the Sentry DOES have a calming aura, it specifically did NOT work on WWH:

http://static6.comicvine.com/upload...a-wwh02-028.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...a-wwh02-029.jpg

So Hulk was nice and mad when he fought Sentry. Sentry took none of that rage away.

As for the link? Nice theory, but it gives too much credit and over complicate things, imo.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 11:01 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Thats not true. I have stomped on your reality plenty of times.
Examples ?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 12:06 AM
Flyattractor

Examples ?

Every Durn Time!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 06:47 AM
bluewaterrider

whilst the Sentry DOES have a calming aura, it specifically did NOT work on WWH:

http://static6.comicvine.com/upload...a-wwh02-028.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...a-wwh02-029.jpg

So Hulk was nice and mad when he fought Sentry. Sentry took none of that rage away.

confused

Did you really just post Reed Richards PRETENDING to be Sentry and Reed's ruse failing and PROOF it was only Reed Richards PRETENDING to be Sentry in the last scan you gave above and Reed's ruse/impersonation failing... as "proof" that the real Sentry himself with Sentry's powers would fail if SENTRY were actually seeking to calm Hulk?!?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 11:44 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Every Durn Time!
Concession accepted.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 03:03 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lobo does have an insane healing factor, he can come back from a pile of goo. Though I think he has been rendered unconscious in the past.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 05:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Lobo ... has quite the healing factor, which renders him....a bit tougher than Rulk to put down

So the premise is that a healing factor prevents a knockout now?

Perhaps you're forgetting that Red Hulk himself had a healing factor strong enough to withstand impalement through his chest with a big sword, and having his eyes slashed by Wolverine?

But even Wolverine's level of healing factor doesn't help him against thunderclaps. And it certainly doesn't prevent him from being knocked when someone exceeds his pain threshold:

Old Post Jan 26th, 2017 05:38 PM