KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Azronger's musings

Azronger's musings
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

valk being gm luke level is more enjoyable honestly

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

No. Valk being GM Luke level makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than "DE Sidious>>ROTJ Sidious, whose a thousand times stronger than ROTS Sidious, who can blitz Darth Plagueis, whose above Tenebrous, whose above Vitiate."

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Why would sidious go from improving ten fold throughout his appretencship with plagueis to suddenly being able to improve a thousand fold?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
No. Valk being GM Luke level makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than "DE Sidious>>ROTJ Sidious, whose a thousand times stronger than ROTS Sidious, who can blitz Darth Plagueis, whose above Tenebrous, whose above Vitiate."

Yea alright, it is, but making a thread about someone's opinion is still classless, especially when you have a track record of saying stupid stuff(if not as stupid)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 09:29 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Well, Myth and Beni, none of us can prove whether RotS Sidious could or couldn't have done dominated 20 billion, so I guess an agreement to disagree is all we can do at this point. Personally, I definitely think Sidious can dominate far more than several million as of RotS, but 20 billion? I wouldn't go that far without more concrete evidence.

As for Force users growing thousandfold, Naga Sadow's meditation sphere comes to mind, although the quote could be interpreted as hyperbole.

But regardless, there doesn't need to be a precedent for a Force user growing thousandfold, since there's not a precedent for a Force user draining a planetary population for decades non-stop, either. We don't know how powerful one would grow as a result, so you cannot dismiss the possibility based on an appeal to incredulity.

---

Anyway, I'd just like to thank you for defending me in this thread (and everyone else, too!). Appreciate it smile

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

The possibility, sadly, makes no sense. You can argue Sheev is not capable of draining 20 billion as of RotS and that's fine. As we know he's certainly considerably more powerful by RotJ. But by a thousandfold is really stretching it.

Also, Naga Sadow's amp was not permament and it is hyperbole. Regardless, feeding off of a population of utter fodder, no matter the quantity, is hardly going to give Sidious a thousand-fold boost. And no EU writer would actually consider that. And it's him just draining a bunch of useless fodder. Also, unless I'm mistaken, Force Draining in-of-itself is not a permament amp.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 07:19 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by MythLord
[B]The possibility, sadly, makes no sense. You can argue Sheev is not capable of draining 20 billion as of RotS and that's fine. As we know he's certainly considerably more powerful by RotJ. But by a thousandfold is really stretching it.

Makes no sense according to whom? You? I am sorry to inform you but you are not an authority on these matters. Unless you can definitively and conclusively prove that I am wrong without appealing to incredulity, then we should just agree to disagree on this.

quote:
Also, Naga Sadow's amp was not permament and it is hyperbole.

I know it's only temporary. My point was that there have been thousandfold increases before, although, as I said, you can dismiss it as hyperbole.

quote:
Regardless, feeding off of a population of utter fodder, no matter the quantity, is hardly going to give Sidious a thousand-fold boost. And no EU writer would actually consider that. And it's him just draining a bunch of useless fodder. Also, unless I'm mistaken, Force Draining in-of-itself is not a permament amp.

Again, according to whom? We don't know how much power that would give him, since there's no other instances to reference. You're just appealing to your gut feeling at this point.

And I don't really give a damn about what the writers think. Anyone can interpret the text however they like. Simply because I writer hadn't thought of something doesn't invalidate my interpretation.

Force Drain is permanent. Unless you're like Nihilus, that energy isn't going to disappear randomly.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The idea that draining Byss significantly increased Palpatine's power is an interesting one, but a thousand fold remains a baseless figure as far as I'm concerned.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Azronger
Makes no sense according to whom? You? I am sorry to inform you but you are not an authority on these matters. Unless you can definitively and conclusively prove that I am wrong without appealing to incredulity, then we should just agree to disagree on this.

I am well aware I am no authority, but neither are you and yet you're pulling a thousand-fold baselessly out of your ass when literally no evidence backs this up? Quite the contrary, Sidious' established limits as of DE don't place him even a dozen times more powerful than RotS Sidious, yet you'd have people believe RotJ Sidious is a thousand times more powerful based on him draining more people?

Again, according to whom? We don't know how much power that would give him, since there's no other instances to reference. You're just appealing to your gut feeling at this point.

We know Draining a bunch of non Force sensitives in-of-itself is a very poor power boost. And Sidious isn't really doing heavy draining -- he does not kill them, simply siphons off of them which is a much smaller power boost to the already microscoping one. On top of that his Dark Side adepts are feeding off the population of Byss simultaneously and there's the Dark Side Nexus which also feeds off the population.

So there's several beings and one of the most potent nexuses in the galaxy slowly absobring the life of billions of utter fodder alongside Sidious. And the absorption itself does not kill the residents as usually Drain does. Therefore, a Force Drain amp from Byss would hardly be making RotJ Sidious a thousand times more powerful than RotS Sidious.

And I don't really give a damn about what the writers think. Anyone can interpret the text however they like. Simply because I writer hadn't thought of something doesn't invalidate my interpretation.

Not quite what I was going for. My point was no decent writer would go Dragon Ball Z and make Sidious a multi-Solar System buster 'cause he can Drain a lot of people.

Force Drain is permanent. Unless you're like Nihilus, that energy isn't going to disappear randomly.

Really? Got proof that Drain is permanent?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 08:24 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I find it to be literally retarded to dislike someone over fictional opinions.

(please log in to view the image)

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Az is almost as bad as the DBZ fanboys. If Palpatine's power doubled, he'd be par with the most powerful beings in the mythos per Lucas; saying his power increased a thousandfold by DE is beyond lolworthy.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:34 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

To be clear, I don't really have a problem with LeG, tbh. I find it to be literally retarded to dislike someone over fictional opinions.
Same, I dislike him because he's a climate change denying homophobe. smile

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Same, I dislike him because he's a climate change denying homophobe. smile

What? He's really said those things?

Last edited by Petrus on Jan 25th, 2017 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Az is almost as bad as the DBZ fanboys. If Palpatine's power doubled, he'd be par with the most powerful beings in the mythos per Lucas; saying his power increased a thousandfold by DE is beyond lolworthy.

I'm not even close to being as bad, lmao.

And Lucas has no authority over Legends, and his statement has been outdated ever since the Mortis arc. If we go by your logic, that Palpatine is half of Anakin, then he is on par with the Son, which is not true. The Son is at least a tier above DE Sidious.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:42 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by Petrus
What? He's really those things?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=638559

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:44 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

He's also a bit of an asshat when he gets mad. thumb up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:49 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Yeah, okay. LeG's an idiot.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 09:50 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Az is aware of my opinion on his debating skills.

I do respect the way he presents and articulates his arguments, and I do consider him a good debater -- but holy shit, does he make some of the most outlandish claims ever.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 10:16 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

If you've been here long enough, you're bound to say some stupid shit at some point along the way. Myself included. No need to make a thread about it and single someone out.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2017 10:52 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote