KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Avengers (2018)

Avengers (2018)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well Sony and MS are diverging pretty heavily as far as their goals. Don’t wants everyone to own a PS5. MS is trying to become the Netflix of gaming.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 11:02 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

"I want to play as Spiderman and Sony have the exclusive so I won't buy a PS5 to play as Spiderman because fu˘k Sony for having the exclusive"

Yeah. Makes sense. Genius.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2020 11:09 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It isn't just Spidey either. PS is getting a bunch of timed shit before MS does like skins, xp bonuses etc

Square America have been bastards for years now, but this is particularly bastardy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 12:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Both companies have done this in the past...but I don't think MS has done something similar in awhile.

They have said they want to step away from timed exclusives (like Rise of the Tomb Raider) but the last show they had..had console exclusives...not sure what that means. It gets kind of murky on what is considered "3rd party" with some of the more indie like games....most likely indie developers getting an influx of cash to make a game...and releasing on that platform.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 12:19 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

BACKFIRE QUOTE: "Well Sony and MS are diverging pretty heavily as far as their goals. Don’t wants everyone to own a PS5. MS is trying to become the Netflix of gaming."

Which is smart. I was watching the Giant Bomb team talk over the MS press conference....one of them I believe mentioned that developers are very happy with the results when releasing on Game Pass.

I wouldn't be surprised if other larger corporations start releasing on the platform if the game doesn't sell as well as it could.

If I know a game is going to sell badly, I know with 80% certainty it will end up on Game Pass soon....Metro Exodus and Rage are good examples of this.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 12:22 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 01:52 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah and it makes sense when you consider that Sony Is largely a hardware company and MS is a software company.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 02:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Both companies have done this in the past...but I don't think MS has done something similar in awhile.

They have said they want to step away from timed exclusives (like Rise of the Tomb Raider) but the last show they had..had console exclusives...not sure what that means. It gets kind of murky on what is considered "3rd party" with some of the more indie like games....most likely indie developers getting an influx of cash to make a game...and releasing on that platform.

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing. They're both awful. I was just saying that adding Square America in to the mix is like, multiplying dickhead by dickhead until you have dickhead squared.

Originally posted by Nemesis X

My guess as to why it's not a PS exclusive title was that CD probably started it off with every intent of it being equal across the board. Then, when they were nearly done, Square were like "lol add Spider-man".

Honestly, if the rumours/leaks hadn't happened, we probably wouldn't even know what little we know now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 04:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

https://www.pcgamer.com/avengers-de...tion-exclusive/

quote:
In an interview with Newsweek, Crystal Dynamics boss Scot Amos tried to explain how such a fan-favorite character could wind up tied to a single platform, saying that "it comes back to the relationship with PlayStation and Marvel."

"We happen to be ones who can execute and deliver when it comes down to choices of where and what Spider-Man can be, that's a relationship question that you know PlayStation absolutely has the rights to, that as you guys know with Sony's [movie rights] ownership there and Marvel with Sony saying, 'Hey, this is something we can do, this is something we can do on this platform,' and as creators we have this opportunity that we can make something unique and fun and awesome," he said.

quote:
In a separate interview with IGN, Amos implied that Spider-Man's absence on other platforms isn't really a big deal because there are plenty of other things going on. "Marvel’s Avengers has a lot of heroes, and with the scope and the breadth of this game and this universe, players are going to have their hands full with a lot to play with," he said.

In one interview, he says how the exclusive playable Spider-Man is gonna be unique and awesome and crazy fun while in another he tells you it isn't that special, play the other content and get over it. Make up your mind, Scot!

quote:
And for fans who really, really want to play as Spider-Man, he had some simple advice: "You have the option to do so on PlayStation."

"We have a product for people who can't get online, it's called Xbox 360."

"Don't you guys have phones?"

"When you think about it, Magneto is just a function."

That attitude must work apparently...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 04:24 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

And you can tell how conflicted the man is between those interviews. He knows if he says the obvious that Marvel was basically bribed, he's gonna get in trouble.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 7th, 2020 at 05:03 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 04:48 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The problem is that it will work. Until consumers stop buying shit for situations like this...it will continue.

Though, I will admit that it doesn't seem to be as prevalent as the 360/PS3 era and only Sony is still continuing (aka...exclusives items/timed DLC). Destiny 2 DLC packs were available for a year before getting to Xbox.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 12:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Nemesis X
And you can tell how conflicted the man is between those interviews. He knows if he says the obvious that Marvel was basically bribed, he's gonna get in trouble.

Of course he is. The leaks forced their hand, but instead of doing damage control, they're just doubling down and being smarmy about it.

Originally posted by Smasandian
The problem is that it will work. Until consumers stop buying shit for situations like this...it will continue.

Though, I will admit that it doesn't seem to be as prevalent as the 360/PS3 era and only Sony is still continuing (aka...exclusives items/timed DLC). Destiny 2 DLC packs were available for a year before getting to Xbox.

The last XBOX ****ery I can remember is the Tomb Raider thing. Was there anything more recent than that?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 05:30 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Which was 5 years ago...jesus, felt like yesterday.

Something akin to this...MS owned (or used too...) the Ferrari license for Xbox and PC games. This means racing games on those platforms had to go through MS to have Ferrari's. It was a big kerfuffle between MS and EA (who owned Porsche).

But I believe EA and MS worked something out because Forza 7 (and DLC for 6) had Porsche but I'm not too if this is the case anymore.

But it seems they are less today and that's probably because of the leadership change with Spencer and the new CEO.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2020 08:46 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not that this game's competition (the GAAS Suicide Squad) is looking any better.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 05:21 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I watched someone stream this game for a little while and it honestly looks really bad.

Kind of embarrassing.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2020 01:06 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've watched some of it, From what i've seen from it's about a 7/10.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2020 04:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The game was rushed, that much was obvious. Even with the extra months added on, they obviously needed more to work out the kinks.

That said, I'm having a lot of fun with the campaign. The characters feel distinct from each other, and feel like, imo at least, they should.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 5th, 2020 11:54 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The single player looks alright and had multiplayer not been slapped on it, it would've easily been more appealing 'cause as it stands I don't wanna look like I'm endorsing for more looter brawlers as Warp Zone put it. If anyone's planning to buy this just to scratch that Marvel itch, there's Ultimate Alliance y'know or Marvel Lego which is surprisingly entertaining.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 6th, 2020 at 04:31 AM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 04:24 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Can you play through the whole story as one character? Or do they force you to play as the bullshit characters as well

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 11:31 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The campaign cycles through the various characters depending on what the mission entails.

The non-story stuff lets you choose.

I don't know what you mean by "bullshit characters" though. There's only six of them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 06:06 AM