KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Avengers (2018)

Avengers (2018)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Lame. That’s what I figured.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 07:15 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's a story campaign. There's more non-campaign missions where you can play as whoever you like. It's how you level your characters.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 07:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is the gameplay? I heard it falls short.

Is this an x-men legends type game?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 09:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's strange. All six characters, imo at least, handle extremely well. I might even claim that this is the best version of any of them ever put in a game when it comes to gameplay stuff like powers etc.

The real issue is the balancing. The game is badly balanced in solo play, and there are issues with enemies being able to interrupt you, but you can't interrupt them. The game is also very parry heavy in terms of what they expect from you the player.

It has the bones of a really good game, gameplay wise. They just need to tweak it.

If you want an idea, here's one:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 10:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It comes off like one of those games with wasted potential.

Just watching that, it comes off like it fails at making the player feel as powerful as the Hulk truly is.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 10:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
It comes off like one of those games with wasted potential.

Just watching that, it comes off like it fails at making the player feel as powerful as the Hulk truly is.

There are times when it feels like that. There are also times when you feel super-powerful. It being a constantly updated game means I can have some optimism though. Or at the very least, keep my fingers crossed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 10:39 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Super Fit Epic Hulk Outfit? Lmao wth, that isn't how Hulk just normally looks?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 11:15 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes I read it would be getting lots of updates. Hopefully it can improve.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2020 11:15 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There's supposed to be a wartable soon where they give out a roadmap for the coming months. That's going to be key.

Even with it's faults, the game does keep me coming back to it because the characters just "feel" right to me in how they play, for the most part.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 02:24 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I wanted to be excited about this game but after other reviews/watching the first 1 of the game I've definitely started to lean to not picking it up.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 05:47 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
[B]It's strange. All six characters, imo at least, handle extremely well. I might even claim that this is the best version of any of them ever put in a game when it comes to gameplay stuff like powers etc.

Not sure about that for Iron Man/Stark, He behave's too much like Deadpool and yes i know it's the same voice actor who voiced him a previous game.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 02:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Newjak
I wanted to be excited about this game but after other reviews/watching the first 1 of the game I've definitely started to lean to not picking it up.

Honestly, I would wait until they fix the combat balance.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Not sure about that for Iron Man/Stark, He behave's too much like Deadpool and yes i know it's the same voice actor who voiced him a previous game.

His quips during combat can be a bit lame, sure, but otherwise? I don't see it.

Plus, I was speaking more about gameplay. His powers, his animations etc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 05:58 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

"Avengers currently in limbo, with Crystal Dynamics seemingly pushing back a number of it's roadmap objectives while simultaneously trying to fix what currently ails the game (loot, loot, and more loot). Since players don't know when fixes are coming, interest in the game appears to be tapering off at an increased pace and that's starting to come with a few noticeable issues for players that remain." - From one of the articles YongYea reads.

Anthem: First time?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 9th, 2020 at 07:56 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 07:42 PM
Nemesis X is online now! Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, it's very much a "wait and see" thing right now. It's not looking good, but it's a damn shame because when the game is good, it's ****ing amazing. It's just not often enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 11:44 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Nemesis X

"Avengers currently in limbo, with Crystal Dynamics seemingly pushing back a number of it's roadmap objectives while simultaneously trying to fix what currently ails the game (loot, loot, and more loot). Since players don't know when fixes are coming, interest in the game appears to be tapering off at an increased pace and that's starting to come with a few noticeable issues for players that remain." - From one of the articles YongYea reads.

Anthem: First time?

Good.

**** this game. And **** games as service.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 04:27 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There is nothing wrong with games as a service if it's done well.

If the core gameplay loop is solid then it's nice to get a game consistently updated with content.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 12:10 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Games as a service is unnecessary, and just one more way to bleed you dry. I want a one time fee and then all the time in the world to play at my leisure, without having to worry about credit cards or wasting a subscription.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 01:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You do not need to pay anything when playing a service model game.

I have played probably 1000 hours between both The Division games and I have no paid a single cent after the initial purchase.

Same with Rocket League as well.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 04:35 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian
There is nothing wrong with games as a service if it's done well.

If the core gameplay loop is solid then it's nice to get a game consistently updated with content.

yeah i hear Destiny and a few others have gotten the idea right, Seems this Avengers game has failed at it.

Originally posted by cdtm
Games as a service is unnecessary, and just one more way to bleed you dry. I want a one time fee and then all the time in the world to play at my leisure, without having to worry about credit cards or wasting a subscription.

Once again, you're misinformed.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2020 01:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I haven't played too much Destiny.

I just know from The Division 2, there is roughly 30-40 hours of campaign with 15 missions, untold amount of unique side missions and 5-7 different repeatable activities. The end game consists of 2 large stronghold, 5 new missions (free DLC) and an less than ideal repeatable mission.

Then they released a full add-on with an entire new map, new missions, new guns and armour, an 2 new bad guy groups. It's essentially an expansion pack

The microtransactions is currency, which you can use to buy cosmetics. However, through the game, you unlock lock crates that give these cosmetics. There is also ability to trash any cosmetic that you already have into a different currency, which then allows you to unlock specific cosmetics that you want.

The season pass doesn't add anything you cannot get by playing...just gives more drops, cosmetics and other stuff like that.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2020 04:21 AM