KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Pre-Flashpoint Superman Vs Blue Marvel

Pre-Flashpoint Superman Vs Blue Marvel
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ghostman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JBL
Has BM been around as long as superman? Feats don't give you a automatic win because a character has been around for 200 years and the other has 1 year. That's an excuse to say your favorite character wins. Knowing all along he's Been around forever and Has far more feats. Cop out at its best.

so whats your reasoning for for blue marvel winning? since feats are out.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 03:03 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by JBL
Has BM been around as long as superman? Feats don't give you a automatic win because a character has been around for 200 years and the other has 1 year. That's an excuse to say your favorite character wins. Knowing all along he's Been around forever and Has far more feats. Cop out at its best.
This argument is getting old for Blue Marvel.

Blue Marvel has been around almost twice as long as New52 Superman, and about 1/3 of the time of Pre-52 Superman.

He's been going over 8 years.

You can pick any 8 years of Superman and cut out everything else as if it didn't exist, and he still wins.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 04:00 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Juntai
This argument is getting old for Blue Marvel.

Blue Marvel has been around almost twice as long as New52 Superman, and about 1/3 of the time of Pre-52 Superman.

He's been going over 8 years.

You can pick any 8 years of Superman and cut out everything else as if it didn't exist, and he still wins.

Not really fair. Superman has his own book you can't pretend as if he didn't get more spotlight due to solo adventures, and as the OP stated, this is actually Pre-Flashpoint Superman who had as many showings if not more than Thor. You really can't place many characters against Superman in a feat war, especially not a character as new as Blue Marvel. This isn't really a point that anyone should have to argue over. 8 years vs nearly 40? Come on now. And, it really hasn't been 8 years due to the Blue marvel having nothing new written about him until more recently in the Ultimates 2 books.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 30th, 2017 at 04:50 AM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 04:48 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
He will always win in your mind, no surprise there stick out tongue . BM wins by the way.

No, but I'd like to see you prove it. I can however prove you going into Superman threads that have nothing to do with Marvel characters just so you can complain. You can tell yourself Blue Marvel wins, but he doesn't.

How about you tell me what actual examples makes you think Blue Marvel wins?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 10:57 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
Not really fair. Superman has his own book you can't pretend as if he didn't get more spotlight due to solo adventures, and as the OP stated, this is actually Pre-Flashpoint Superman who had as many showings if not more than Thor. You really can't place many characters against Superman in a feat war, especially not a character as new as Blue Marvel. This isn't really a point that anyone should have to argue over. 8 years vs nearly 40? Come on now. And, it really hasn't been 8 years due to the Blue marvel having nothing new written about him until more recently in the Ultimates 2 books.

Yes, but what people aren't getting, is if EVERY one of those 10,000 showings are high showings,his average is high.

Does Superman have loads of feats? Course. But for the argument to hold weight, surely he would job a lot, and have loads of low showings too.

If he doesn't have an equal number of low showings, then his average is high.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 11:21 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I don't think people realize how a Superman 'with only his highest showings' would look on the forum.

What you see regularly argued (by most of the posters) is his average. It's just that he has the best average in comics.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 11:29 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The hatred that would ensue if people *only* used Superman's high-end showings, would make Palpatine himself blush.

Tell me: what tier would one be placed in if he were capable of trouncing Skyfather-level characters(and beyond) as though they were weak feebs? smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 04:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by ghostman
so whats your reasoning for for blue marvel winning? since feats are out.

Blue Marvel took on a guy that wrecked the Avengers and held his own. He knocked out Hyperion, took out a portion of Shuma in a single hit. His averages are better and current Pre Superman sucks.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 05:20 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Philosophía
I don't think people realize how a Superman 'with only his highest showings' would look on the forum.

What you see regularly argued (by most of the posters) is his average. It's just that he has the best average in comics.

Maybe I should give it a go sometimes.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 06:25 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9
Blue Marvel took on a guy that wrecked the Avengers and held his own. He knocked out Hyperion, took out a portion of Shuma in a single hit. His averages are better and current Pre Superman sucks.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 06:26 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

seriously? i dont think so son

Old Post Jan 30th, 2017 11:57 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by ghostman
seriously? i dont think so son

You don't think what?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 04:03 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

You don't think what?

that blue marvel wins because of those little feats. your bias is blatant.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 04:06 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
Did buster Douglas have as many feats as Tyson? No. So since Tyson had more and better feats than Douglas, you would think Tyson would win right? Guess what? When he fought Douglas he lost. You think just because superman has more feats he win? LMAO.

Your analogy would only work if they fought and Blue Marvel won, and the analogy was in response to people arguing against Blue Marvel's win. When it comes down to it, you want Blue Marvel to win(or perhaps just for Superman to lose), but you can't make an argument, so you make an irrelevant analogy.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 05:05 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by Delta1938
Your analogy would only work if they fought and Blue Marvel won, and the analogy was in response to people arguing against Blue Marvel's win. When it comes down to it, you want Blue Marvel to win(or perhaps just for Superman to lose), but you can't make an argument, so you make an irrelevant analogy.
False. You just don't want superman to lose. Check your track record.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 06:52 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Try to keep the discussion on topic. Making personal comments eventually gets people banned.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 06:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
False. You just don't want superman to lose. Check your track record.

Then why is your argument a flawed analogy? And circular argument.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 06:56 AM
DarkSaint85

Batman does well in fights against heralds.

Deathstroke, Cap, Squirrel Girl.

If feats don't matter, only fights, then these four solo the herald tier, lol.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 11:31 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Bump.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 10:26 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Batman does well in fights against heralds.

Deathstroke, Cap, Squirrel Girl.

If feats don't matter, only fights, then these four solo the herald tier, lol.

To be fair, Doreen probably could.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 11:28 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote