KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Oceans 8

Oceans 8
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
True. Again, the director, Gary Ross, has helmed films with strong-willed protagonists, and arguably one of the most popular headstrong protagonists - male or female - in recent years with adapting The Hunger Games, so I'm thinking this will be an interesting direction to take the Oceans franchise.

^^^Logic.
Took me a while to recognize it!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 06:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Quite enjoyed the Ocean's movies so I might give this a look. Will wait for the trailers before making up my mind. If this is a good movie with a good premise I don't see how the all female cast would bother me one bit.

But if it is a crappy movie that was just an excuse to toss a few women together to make a statement or if it becomes some sort of "girl power" politicized story (like some of the most recent comic books have become), then I'll 100% pass.

I'm thinking the former to be more likely than the latter however.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 07:28 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Logic.
Took me a while to recognize it!

I get lucky every once in a blue moon, Riv haha.

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Quite enjoyed the Ocean's movies so I might give this a look. Will wait for the trailers before making up my mind. If this is a good movie with a good premise I don't see how the all female cast would bother me one bit.

But if it is a crappy movie that was just an excuse to toss a few women together to make a statement or if it becomes some sort of "girl power" politicized story (like some of the most recent comic books have become), then I'll 100% pass.

I'm thinking the former to be more likely than the latter however.

Ya, this is what I was trying to get at with my first post, Nib. There have been plenty of well-written and executed movies that have very strong female leads, so I'm hoping this is a strong female ensemble.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 08:21 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by John Murdoch
You think Warner Brothers would have learned from Sony's Ghostbusters: whether the end product is good or not, there will be monster backlash. This, IMO, seems far more interesting though than Paul Feig's film.

Courtesy of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean%27s_Eight :

"Danny Ocean's estranged sister Debbie (Sandra Bullock) attempts to pull off the heist of the century at New York City’s star-studded annual Met Gala. Her first stop is to assemble the perfect crew: Lou (Cate Blanchett), Rose (Helena Bonham Carter), Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway), Nine Ball (Rihanna), Tammy (Sarah Paulson), Amita (Mindy Kaling), and Constance (Awkwafina)."

Also, directed by Gary Ross, who has 4 directing credits in his Wikipedia filmography: Pleasantville, Seabiscuit, The Hunger Games, and Free State of Jones.
didn't know Sandra Bullock would be playing Danny's sister.

makes me wonder why we never heard of her before... or why, if she's also a grifter or whatever, she wasn't in the previous movies.

this is manufactured lameness.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 07:27 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I dont talk about my shit posting sister, Gretta666, like, at all. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 26th, 2017 09:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote