KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies you had the most trouble understanding?

Movies you had the most trouble understanding?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
John Murdoch

^I liked the movie Riv, but must not remember her extreme attention-to-detail Detective Vision. Maybe since she didn't age she didn't have any normal memory loss related to age?

Note: I mean the memory loss that occurs normally with aging, not memory loss due to a syndrome like dementia or another underlying condition.

That doesn't explain why she has super-duper memory instead though.

EDIT: Didn't realize I was starting a new page; the up arrow is referring to Riv's comment about why Adaline in Age of Adaline had Sherlock Holmes super deductive skills.

I was confused when I was a teen and watched Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes and Fight Club because of both of the endings, but then I realized Burton's PotA remake wasn't really a good movie and didn't care and, in Fight Club's case, I hadn't seen enough movies with the "main character is really the bad guy and said bad guy was all in his head the whole time!" trope yet.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 05:05 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I can understand the reasoning why nobody cared, but why did Bateman himself seem to be hallucinating whether he did it or not?
It's a lot more clear in the book, but Bateman, along with being a narcissistic serial killing sociopath, is legitimately insane, and suffers from hallucinations and delusions. Remember when he heard an ATM machine tell him to feed it a stray cat, and then tried to do it?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 05:17 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by John Murdoch
^I liked the movie Riv, but must not remember her extreme attention-to-detail Detective Vision. Maybe since she didn't age she didn't have any normal memory loss related to age?

Note: I mean the memory loss that occurs normally with aging, not memory loss due to a syndrome like dementia or another underlying condition.

That doesn't explain why she has super-duper memory instead though.

EDIT: Didn't realize I was starting a new page; the up arrow is referring to Riv's comment about why Adaline in Age of Adaline had Sherlock Holmes super deductive skills.

I was confused when I was a teen and watched Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes and Fight Club because of both of the endings, but then I realized Burton's PotA remake wasn't really a good movie and didn't care and, in Fight Club's case, I hadn't seen enough movies with the "main character is really the bad guy and said bad guy was all in his head the whole time!" trope yet.

Thanks, man, that makes as much sense as anything i guess!

I'm with you on the Apes movie, thst was an especially dilly ending.
Its like someone thought it'd be cool to see monkey Zlincoln so they just tacked it on.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2017 10:31 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Okay, the original Toy Story.

If Buzz didnt believe he was a toy, why did he go inanimate whenever Andy showed up/played with him?
Its been shown in the moves (including that one) that toys freeze up by choice, and can interract with humans/animals.
Why wasnt Buzz shouting at the giant about needing to contact space command?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 11:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by riv6672
Okay, the original Toy Story.

If Buzz didnt believe he was a toy, why did he go inanimate whenever Andy showed up/played with him?
Its been shown in the moves (including that one) that toys freeze up by choice, and can interract with humans/animals.
Why wasnt Buzz shouting at the giant about needing to contact space command?

Been a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time since I've watched Toy Story, but I've got a 3-year old and a 4-month old. I bet I can do some recon and get back to you within the next few months/years haha.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 11:50 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by John Murdoch
I've got a 3-year old and a 4-month old.

Scariest thing i've read all day.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 12:37 PM
steverules_2

Back to the future Pt.3

Marty goes back to the old west, arrow hits the delorean which then leaks fuel so no fuel in the delorean. However when Doc got sent back to the old west he buried the delorean which Marty retrieves in 1955 so when Marty went back to 1885 the delorean is still in the cave for Marty in 1955. They could've used fuel from the delorean in the cave, then by 1955 the delorean could easily be refueled when Doc and Marty get it from the cave.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 12:46 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cool question!
Here's what i found for you:

http://bttf.wikidot.com/official-bttf-faq#toc19

In I885, when Marry tells Doc they're out of gas; why don't they just go to the Delgado Mine, dig up the DeLorean where Doc hid it and get the gas out of it?

A: There are two logical answers to this one…

The car mechanic's answer: As anyone who has stored an automobile for a long period of time can tell you, you always drain all of the fluids out of the car before putting it into storage. Doc most certainly would have drained the gas out of the DeLorean if he was going to leave it hidden for 70 years. At the 1955 drive-in, Doc specifically says "I put gas in the tank" indicating that the DMC must have had an empty tank when they found it in the mine.
The time travel theory answer: Even if Doc had not drained the tank, he still would not have gone back into the mine for fear of creating a time paradox by accidentally damaging the DeLorean, the mine, or who knows what. After all, since Marty is now back in 1885, Doc's plan obviously worked, and worked perfectly. But what if Doc were to go back into the mine and accidentally cause a cave-in that causes even more damage to the DeLorean? What happens to the future of that DeLorean, when it's unearthed in 1955? And what might that do to Marty and the undamaged future DeLorean now in 1885? As an analogy, imagine a time traveler going back in time, finding himself as a child, and cutting off that child's hand with a meat cleaver. What happens to the adult time-traveler's hand? That would definitely risk a time paradox, and we know that Doc would never go out of his way to risk such a thing for fear of (in the worst case scenario) unraveling the fabric of the space-time continuum and destroying the entire universe.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 12:59 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by riv6672
Scariest thing i've read all day.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They are both endearing and terrifying daily.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 04:05 PM
riv6672

^^^I'm SO glad mine are all past that point. Be strong.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 04:54 PM
John Murdoch

I shall my friend. High stress, but (mostly) good stress smile

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 05:00 PM
riv6672

^^^Mostly!

Now if only i can get a Toy Story answer......

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 10:31 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Enemy

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 11:23 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

K.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 10:21 AM
HulkIsHulk

Memento

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 12:27 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mehedi067
Restricted

Account Restricted

no choice I no problem understand any movie

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 12:03 PM
mehedi067 is currently offline Click here to Send mehedi067 a Private Message Find more posts by mehedi067 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
prabhash.s
Restricted

Account Restricted

The inception. Had to watch thrice to understand it

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 10:16 AM
prabhash.s is currently offline Click here to Send prabhash.s a Private Message Find more posts by prabhash.s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote