KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Jadus vs Karness Muur [Force only]

Darth Jadus vs Karness Muur [Force only]
Started by: Ursumeles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ursumeles
Traitor

Darth Jadus vs Karness Muur [Force only]

Fight takes place on Korriban.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 10:12 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Jadus. I hold Jadus as approaching Plagueis level, somewhere between prime Vader and Plagueis, which is above Muur, if only just.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 10:58 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ You'll get scolded for that.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:03 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
Jadus. I hold Jadus as approaching Plagueis level, somewhere between prime Vader and Plagueis, which is above Muur, if only just.

no no no
Jadus has done nothing that put´s him somewhat close to Hego, who is at very least in Vitiate´s league.
Plagueis sh!ts on both Muur and Jadus.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:05 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:07 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by Ursumeles
no no no
Jadus has done nothing that put´s him somewhat close to Hego, who is at very least in Vitiate´s league.
Plagueis sh!ts on both Muur and Jadus.
Scaling is what I use for that ranking. I have vanilla Vitiate equal to ROTS Sidious in the Force, and Jadus is second only to him. Being that Jadus is stated as the most powerful member of the DC, I scale him up from Darth Nox and Darth Marr, whom I have around the same level as TFU Vader. So I have Jadus between prime Vader and Plagueis.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:17 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
^ You'll get scolded for that.
Oh I know. I just don't care at this point. I'm just gonna let the most cancerous of my opinions roll and see how many of you commit Seppeku before I'm done laughing.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:18 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Scaling is what I use for that ranking.

Scaling says Plagueis >/= Vitiate >> Jadus.
quote:
Jadus is second only to him. Being that Jadus is stated as the most powerful member of the DC

Based on what? The "greatest of the Empire" quote could refer to many other things than power.
quote:
I scale him up from Darth Nox and Darth Marr, whom I have around the same level as TFU Vader.

Disgusting, tbh. Based on what is Marr close to Vader?
quote:
So I have Jadus between prime Vader and Plagueis.

So, being above Marr by a unknow marigin, who is based on nohing close to TFU Vader, puts him above Prime Vader, who´s a far more formidable opponent then TFU Vader?
Seems legit.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:22 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Oh I know. I just don't care at this point. I'm just gonna let the most cancerous of my opinions roll and see how many of you commit Seppeku before I'm done laughing.
But a few days ago you wanted to be taken seriously as debater. Seems legit thumb up

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:24 AM
darthbane77

But a few days ago you wanted to be taken seriously as debater. Seems legit thumb up
I realized that isn't gonna happen, so **** it, let's bug some people.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:25 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Ah, and so you scare off the last guys who took you seriously here.
Makes sense thumb up

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:28 AM
darthbane77

Scaling says Plagueis >/= Vitiate >> Jadus.

Based on what? The "greatest of the Empire" quote could refer to many other things than power.

Disgusting, tbh. Based on what is Marr close to Vader?

So, being above Marr by a unknow marigin, who is based on nohing close to TFU Vader, puts him above Prime Vader, who´s a far more formidable opponent then TFU Vader?
Seems legit.
Plagueis is only >Vitiate if you subscribe to the blurb nonsense, which I do not.

Jadus is second only to Vitiate, as per this quote:

“Damn it, we can’t fight him on our own—his power is second to the Emperor’s.”

—Watcher Two (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

The "greatest in the Empire quote helps to though.

Marr is approaching Vader based on the fact he is the longest standing member of the Council, putting him above everyone on the council save for Jadus. He has some accolades that would suggest superiority to the likes of Darth Nox, who has some feats that likewise approach Vader level tbh.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:30 AM
darthbane77

For some of the quotes I use to support my scaling, look no further.

"With his humanity long forgotten and his face unseen, Marr's inner thoughts are impossible to determine. But his desire to leave a strong Empire behind him is unquestioned, and his abilities are second to none."

―Darth Marr Codex Entry (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

This would mean that, combatively speaking, Malgus was Marr's only real superior (this was after the battle of Ilum) outside of Jadus (who was dead or presumed so at this point.) Making Marr more powerful than any other Sith in the Empire at this point in time.

Darth Mortis, during the campaign against Malgus, stated that Nox would have been able to give Malgus "the fight of his life" suggesting that Nox is a near equal to FE Malgus (Malgus being one of Vader's peers.) Marr being >Nox as per the provided quote, would then confirm Marr as being at least close to Vader's level.

Last edited by darthbane77 on Feb 9th, 2017 at 11:42 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:37 AM
MythLord
Diamond

You keep contradicting yourself. Malgus is Marr's real superior, but Nox is close to Malgus and inferior to Marr, so Marr is > Malgus who is a peer of Vader(I baselessly proclaim) and a guy said Jadus is 2nd to Vitiate so hurrr duurrr Jadus is Plagueis level!

Not like your accolades are actually legitimate. They're subjective character statements. The only legitimate one is the Codex Entry, which was technically made before the player even reached Act III so it shouldn't apply to prime Nox or Wrath in any sense, or FE Malgus really. And even then, the Codex Entry is also in-universe so it's not concrete.

Also, you can't cherry pick the point to which the Codex Entry accolade is valid and to which point it's not. If it says Marr is "second to none", that would include Jadus. Jadus is thus inferior and your whole failed attempt at scaling goes down the toilet.

"Hello, Starlight."

Last edited by MythLord on Feb 9th, 2017 at 11:51 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:48 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The codex entry can be argued to be about his administrative skills imo. The rest of the paragraph is talking about his abilities as a leader, so the context fits better.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:51 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

thumb up That is also a possibility.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:51 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

thumb up
quote:
Plagueis is only >Vitiate if you subscribe to the blurb nonsense, which I do not.

Jadus is second only to Vitiate, as per this quote:

“Damn it, we can’t fight him on our own—his power is second to the Emperor’s.”

—Watcher Two (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

The "greatest in the Empire quote helps to though.

Marr is approaching Vader based on the fact he is the longest standing member of the Council, putting him above everyone on the council save for Jadus. He has some accolades that would suggest superiority to the likes of Darth Nox, who has some feats that likewise approach Vader level tbh.

Yet they're canonical. Also, at very least is Plagueis in Vitiate's league. You yourself said Vitty = RotS Sidious (who has enough accolades that put him above Vitty, btw), and by all means, Plagueis should be rather close to RotS Sidious.

Wasn't she from the Imperial Intelligence, also a agent from Jadus himself? She is probably biased. Either way, Marr has similar accolades. Also, see Myth's post.

Good that, bar Jadus, all DC members are Sub-Kenobi scrubs.

You also failed to explain how the Marr -> Jadus gap is bigger then the TUF -> RotJ Vader gap.
And based on what is Malgus Vader's peer?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:57 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Valkorion calls Jadus the greatest Sith in his empires history, so..... Watcher Two's statement is accurate.

Lol @ the DC being sub-kenobi. Thanaton would beat Obi-Wan pretty easily.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 12:06 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by MythLord
Also, you can't cherry pick the point to which the Codex Entry accolade is valid and to which point it's not. If it says Marr is "second to none", that would include Jadus. Jadus is thus inferior and your whole failed attempt at scaling goes down the toilet.

Why can't you? You said yourself they are from an in-universe perspective. You get the Codex on Makeb, and it talks in present tense. By Makeb neither Jadus, nor Malgus is part of the Empire.

Originally posted by Nephthys
The codex entry can be argued to be about his administrative skills imo. The rest of the paragraph is talking about his abilities as a leader, so the context fits better.

No, it doesn't lmao. The Codex starts by saying what a great warrior he is, and how we leads from the front lines. Then it talks about his morality, and in the end it says: "But his desire to leave a strong Empire behind him is unquestioned, and his abilities are second to none."

That's a pretty retarded way to say he is the best leader in the Empire. When talking about ability of a force user most of the time they mean power or skill not f-ucking leadership lmao.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 12:09 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by MythLord
You keep contradicting yourself. Malgus is Marr's real superior, but Nox is close to Malgus and inferior to Marr, so Marr is > Malgus who is a peer of Vader(I baselessly proclaim) and a guy said Jadus is 2nd to Vitiate so hurrr duurrr Jadus is Plagueis level!

Not like your accolades are actually legitimate. They're subjective character statements. The only legitimate one is the Codex Entry, which was technically made before the player even reached Act III so it shouldn't apply to prime Nox or Wrath in any sense, or FE Malgus really. And even then, the Codex Entry is also in-universe so it's not concrete.

Malgus is Marr's only superior by the Battle of Ilum because Jadus was presumed dead at that point in time, so when Malgus died Marr was presumed to be the most powerful Sith alive at the time. There's no contradictions there.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 12:12 PM