KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Jadus vs Karness Muur [Force only]

Darth Jadus vs Karness Muur [Force only]
Started by: Ursumeles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ursumeles
Traitor

You countered 1/3 of his post kek

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 12:14 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
You keep contradicting yourself. Malgus is Marr's real superior, but Nox is close to Malgus and inferior to Marr, so Marr is > Malgus who is a peer of Vader(I baselessly proclaim) and a guy said Jadus is 2nd to Vitiate so hurrr duurrr Jadus is Plagueis level!

Not like your accolades are actually legitimate. They're subjective character statements. The only legitimate one is the Codex Entry, which was technically made before the player even reached Act III so it shouldn't apply to prime Nox or Wrath in any sense, or FE Malgus really. And even then, the Codex Entry is also in-universe so it's not concrete.

Also, you can't cherry pick the point to which the Codex Entry accolade is valid and to which point it's not. If it says Marr is "second to none", that would include Jadus. Jadus is thus inferior and your whole failed attempt at scaling goes down the toilet.

Malgus is Marr's only superior by the Battle of Ilum because Jadus was presumed dead at that point in time, so when Malgus died Marr was presumed to be the most powerful Sith alive at the time. There's no contradictions there.

The codex entry for Marr, to my knowledge, was unchanging, and so would need to be able to be applied to any changes that were made to the game after release. Which is why it doesn't go into detail. Meaning it can be applied to pretty much any point in time before Marr's death. So the quote still applies post Battle of Ilum, which is where my argument is centered.

It's not cherry picking, Jadus has accolades putting him above Marr, and he has feats to back those accolades. Based on these feats and accolads, Jadus IS >all other DC members, Malgus WAS >Marr, and now Marr IS >all currently living Sith as of the end of the Battle of Ilum.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 12:19 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by Ursumeles
You countered 1/3 of his post kek
There, I responded to the whole thing.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 12:20 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Going to bed, will respond later.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 12:20 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Muur wins. I'm not convinced that Jadus is superior in any sort of way that'd allow him to outright overpower Muur with TK or Lightning. And Dark Transfer, Drain and Tutaminis > Teleportation.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 12:51 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by darthbane77
Malgus is Marr's only superior by the Battle of Ilum because Jadus was presumed dead at that point in time, so when Malgus died Marr was presumed to be the most powerful Sith alive at the time. There's no contradictions there.

The Codex Entry would've been made before the battle of Ilum, though, and there isn't a big gap inbetween Malgus' "death", Jadus' death and that battle so it's likely the Codex is taking Malgus and Jadus into account as well.

The codex entry for Marr, to my knowledge, was unchanging, and so would need to be able to be applied to any changes that were made to the game after release. Which is why it doesn't go into detail. Meaning it can be applied to pretty much any point in time before Marr's death. So the quote still applies post Battle of Ilum, which is where my argument is centered.

I'm not talking about before the game was released, you cretin. I'm talking about the fact that the Codex Entry would have been made for the Battle of Ilum so the player could find it during the battle of Ilum. That's how time works. Marr's accolade also isn't valid for several reasons:
1. It could be interpreted in other ways, and should be since it's talking about his political power and administrative abilities
2. The Codex Entries are still in-universe, so they are hardly objective
3. It completely contradicts the Jadus accolade you're trying to throw around

It's not cherry picking, Jadus has accolades putting him above Marr, and he has feats to back those accolades. Based on these feats and accolads, Jadus IS >all other DC members, Malgus WAS >Marr, and now Marr IS >all currently living Sith as of the end of the Battle of Ilum.

Jadus' statement of being > Marr is a character statement from Valkorion, who quite frankly was just trying to goad the player, and Watcher Two who has no idea what Marr is capable of. Marr himself isn't that impressive other than a vague quote. In fact, these quotes you're giving me are all actually less valid than the Plagueis blurb.

So we're back to square one. You have no basis other than character statements and conjecture, yet you deny more valid and objective statements since it doesn't suit your arbitrary hierarchy.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 01:28 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Originally posted by Nephthys
Valkorion calls Jadus the greatest Sith in his empires history, so..... Watcher Two's statement is accurate.

When was this?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 01:59 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Wtf is happening here?

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:01 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Chapter 2 of KotFE, when you're playing as an Agent Valkorion comments on Jadus and says that he was "the greatest Sith my empire ever produced..... yet still no match for you."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Nice.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:10 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Lol @ the DC being sub-kenobi. Thanaton would beat Obi-Wan pretty easily.

They are, tbh. At least powerwise.
Nox, Jadus and possibly Marr & Baras are more powerful, but Baras is highly unlikely. Dunno 'bout Marr.
Kenobi's feats > Thanaton's, powerwise.

Last edited by Ursumeles on Feb 9th, 2017 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Chapter 2 of KotFE, when you're playing as an Agent Valkorion comments on Jadus and says that he was "the greatest Sith my empire ever produced..... yet still no match for you."

Ciphlander>>Plagueis confirmed :>

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Ciphlander >> Plagueis > Valkorion confirmed :>

Fixed.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:00 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Ciphlander>>Plagueis confirmed :>

thumb up

Not even Ciphlander, thats Act 1 Cipher.

Originally posted by Ursumeles
They are, tbh. At least powerwise.

Bwahahaha!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Awesome reason, Neph thumb up
Give me something that places the DC (bar Nox, Jadus and Marr) > Kenobi.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:05 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Thanaton was able to easily 1-shot Nox (and Khem) who was amped by the power of two spirits, one of which was among the greatest sorcerers from the empire with statues of him in Kaas city. Nox was already defeating powerful Jedi Masters and Sith Lords prior to getting amped and was shattering stone with their lightning. Bare in mind that 40 years prior Thanaton was able to 1-shot terentateks with lightning, yet the gap between then and his future self was immense enough that he got owned in 1 attack by a vision of his later self.

Also I like how it's "Give me something for them (barring all of the ones with actual feats and screentime) that's > Kenobi". Can Nyriss be counted in this? What about the two who shattered a citadel with their duel?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:13 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Also I like how it's "Give me something for them (barring all of the ones with actual feats and screentime) that's > Kenobi". Can Nyriss be counted in this? What about the two who shattered a citadel with their duel?

No, it's like "Give me something for them (bar the ones I have above Kenobi)", that's > Kenobi.
As I don't think the "Jadus is the greatest" is enough to put him > all other Sith of the SE power-wise, I don't count Nyriss.
Nyriss is possibly > Kenobi as well, tho thumb up

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:18 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'd agree with you on the Jadus front, but its backed up by his Dominator feat which imo is a better feat than anything else from the Empire except for the obvious exception of the Dread Masters. So the statement is supported.

Regardless though, were anyone else to be a challenge to him (like Malgus, Wrath or Nox) it would simply be because they're that good imo.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:27 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

I agree that these three could beat/challenge Jadus, and that Jadus is prolly the most powerful of these guys.
Also, Thanaton is more impressive than I remembered. Not more powerful than Obi, but prolly close thumb up

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:29 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yet still no match for Cipher 9. (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:34 PM