KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Anyone here watch the TV cartoon Star vs. the Forces of Evil?

Anyone here watch the TV cartoon Star vs. the Forces of Evil?
Started by: Jake2TheJakenin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jake2TheJakenin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone here watch the TV cartoon Star vs. the Forces of Evil?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 10:20 PM
Jake2TheJakenin is currently offline Click here to Send Jake2TheJakenin a Private Message Find more posts by Jake2TheJakenin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

I started watching this show just recently, direly needed a replacement for Adventure Time and Steven Universe. Regarding Star, I'm done with season 1 and now I'm waiting for season 2.

There not much to say, its pretty simple wacky and has tiny hint of romance.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:15 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Season 2 is out though.

But yeah theres not too much to talk about. Theres not even nearly the same amount of depth as AT or SU and it simply isn't remotely as good. Which is fine, it just means that its merely a "good cartoon" instead of "Top 5 of all time".

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:26 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Adventure Time is or at least was great, last couple of seasons the quality has slipped.

Vansonbee really, and I mean really needs to find female companionship stat

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The one kid in the pic looks like Ben f*cking 10. Is that even still on? Dude looks like a young Ben to me.

I enjoyed Ben 10 as a show because I figured the people behind it are on as many drugs as I am.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Adventure Time kind of went too far up its own ass in some places.

Like the episodes that were basically just the writer wanking off over existentialism or other oblique philosophical ramblings were pushing it too far imo.

Also that shitty episode Clown Face, an unfunny pretentious episode about how stupid people are for not liking unfunny pretentious shit.

Ben 10 is still a thing, regrettably.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:34 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I love philosophical ramblings.

I've only seen a few adventure time episodes with some friends, but they were enjoyable enough. Tom Kenny is amazing with voice acting tbh thumb up

Steven Universe on the other hand I simply could not get into. I'm just not fond of the animation style, the humor is rather cringey, and I find Steven honestly more annoying than Jar Jar.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:41 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'm literally watching the latest ep. right now.

Great show.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I love philosophical ramblings.

I've only seen a few adventure time episodes with some friends, but they were enjoyable enough. Tom Kenny is amazing with voice acting tbh thumb up

Steven Universe on the other hand I simply could not get into. I'm just not fond of the animation style, the humor is rather cringey, and I find Steven honestly more annoying than Jar Jar.

So do I, but Adventure Time is intentionally a vague and surreal show and when you mix that with poorly explained philosophy it gets confusing and irritating. This is supposed to be a children's cartoon.

Like I said, AT is still in the top 5 cartoons ever imo. SU is unquestionably no 1 though in my mind.

I haven't ever understood the criticism that Steven is annoying myself but for what its worth he is said to get a lot better very quickly by people I've heard that from. The animation changes drastically over the course of the show as well as their budget grows and they refine the designs.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 12:04 AM
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by Surtur
The one kid in the pic looks like Ben f*cking 10. Is that even still on? Dude looks like a young Ben to me.

I enjoyed Ben 10 as a show because I figured the people behind it are on as many drugs as I am.
Not sure what happen to ben10, I drop the series a while back. I heard it now has a reboot of when he was a kid again.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 12:06 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The latest Star ep. was pretty good.
It had a call back to the first episode, and had Marco [SPOILER - highlight to read]: spend 16 years in another dimension. When he got back he de-aged, but mentally he's shown to have still been gone.
He sat in front of his laptop and realized he didnt recall his password. Subtle but impactful.

The series overall has some good subplots going, which i like.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 05:33 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

The first two episodes are good quality stuff. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: What devotion Marco has, chasing a demon girl for 16 yrs. Is the guy going to build his own harem?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 06:07 AM
Flyattractor

Star is def more fun then Steven. But all fail to compare to the greatness that is and was Gravity Falls.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 07:33 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by vansonbee
The first two episodes are good quality stuff. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: What devotion Marco has, chasing a demon girl for 16 yrs. Is the guy going to build his own harem?

^^^haha only in fan fic!
It seemed pretty obvious at the end that there was mutual attraction going on. I wonder of he goes back does he age back up?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 11:27 AM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Robtard
Adventure Time is or at least was great, last couple of seasons the quality has slipped.

Vansonbee really, and I mean really needs to find female companionship stat
Whatever this thing with Vansonbee is, please just stop.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 03:21 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

#notmymoderator

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 03:35 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

say it louder for the people at the back.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 03:38 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Nephthys
So do I, but Adventure Time is intentionally a vague and surreal show and when you mix that with poorly explained philosophy it gets confusing and irritating. This is supposed to be a children's cartoon.

haha, no. The amount of obvious adult humor in it makes it far and away not just for "children."

https://moviepilot.com/posts/4056281

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 03:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Emperordmb
#notmymoderator
Originally posted by Beniboybling
say it louder for the people at the back.
(please log in to view the image)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 06:10 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Whats is a "Vansonbee"

I would google it but I am still trying to recover from the old "Blue Waffles" gag....

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 07:39 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote