KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Runaways

The Runaways
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. I was watching Hulu earlier and this cringeworthy ad came on and I thought it would be for some shitty low budget teen drama with powers hulu was doing...then slowly realized it was a trailer for The Runaways.

At the end of the trailer it was splashing what I assume were meant to be positive reviews at the bottom of the screen. One was "The O.C. with super powers". Yeah, I can't tell if that is meant to attract people or to quietly signal to them not to watch it. I took it as the latter.

The shows looks awful and I do mean looks. I usually don't call out bad special effects, I put up with 10 years of Smallville, but damn...this was just awkward looking.

The show looks like somehow they time travel back to 2006 to film each episode.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 21st, 2018 at 04:03 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 04:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I enjoyed the show, they've gone a bit off from the comics but that might make it interesting down the line.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:55 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I gave it more of a chance, watched a few eps. So wait, is this show not set in the same universe as the Avengers, Jessica Jones, etc.?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 12:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The one SJW chick is cringe worthy as f*ck.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 01:11 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah. she's like a parody of an SJW.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 07:29 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Binged it, the effects still looked cheesy throughout. I will say the show isn't as horrible as the Inhumans.

But does it take place in the same universe as the other marvel movies and tv shows?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 02:49 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I believe so.

I watched the first episode and couldn't get into it. May give it another go sometime.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 07:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Captain America kind of has a cameo at least once and there are some mini-series' alongside the Young Avengers. Cloak and Dagger show up a couple of times as well. They mention a few times in the comics about how all the superheroes are in NY and they're basically all the west coast has to offer.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 07:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Captain America kind of has a cameo at least once and there are some mini-series' alongside the Young Avengers. Cloak and Dagger show up a couple of times as well. They mention a few times in the comics about how all the superheroes are in NY and they're basically all the west coast has to offer.

Oh okay, I didn't see any of the mini series stuff.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 09:40 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
I will say the show isn't as horrible as the Inhumans.

I agree that it was better than Inhumans, but that's not saying much. I'd rather dance barefoot on Lego than have to rewatch that crap.

I am genuinely surprised that this got renewed for a second season.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 04:11 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I agree that it was better than Inhumans, but that's not saying much. I'd rather dance barefoot on Lego than have to rewatch that crap.

I am genuinely surprised that this got renewed for a second season.

I'm not shocked, mostly cuz I've seen Hulu renew shittier shows.

But if this takes place in the MCU I don't see why they had to make the staff technology instead of magic. Magic exists.

Also doesn't Alex seem redundant? Chase seems to also be a genius, but also useful in a fight.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 03:52 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Chase is basically a typical jock type in the comics, on the show it's like he has a natural gift in certain areas, Alex comes off as more of a chess player which are usually good characters to watch so I'm hoping they show that off more next season.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 06:42 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Season 2 out now. Wondering what direction they're going to go considering all the character/story amalgamation they did in season 1 and there isn't even that much back story to delve into anyway, the comic ran for about 4 years or something.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 02:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seen a few episodes so far of the new season. Meh, decent. Had me looking forward to the next episodes upon an episodes ending.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 12:26 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Watched the first episode of the first season some months back. Didn't care for it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 12:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Surtur
Had me looking forward to the next episodes upon an episodes ending.

That's usually the benchmark of a good TV show for me, 24, Lost, The Shield, these were all shows I could literally spend an entire day watching an entire season or two.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 02:26 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I've checked out the first few episodes of S2 so far. Better start than S1 IMO, though Molly is irritating me at the moment. Don't get me wrong. Given her current character arc, I totally get why she is behaving the way she is. But it's still irritating, because I have seen that same attitude get people into a heap of trouble before.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 04:00 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah when you see those reviews that are all

THIS MOVIE/SHOW IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

reviewd by Joe Blow

They had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find it so that means its Crap!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 04:36 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I can't use the same spell twice".

*changes the stations on a radio multiple times with staff*

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 04:12 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

lol I am halfway through s2 and the Runaways are still weak AF as a team. The only one worth a damn is Nico, and she barely has any real skill with the Staff of One yet. Chase and Karolina's blasts are weak as hell and can barely injure completely normal, un-enhanced people, and Molly has shown decent strength potential, but she still gets tired way too quickly, and her other stats are very lacking. And Old Lace hasn't done anything noteworthy either so far.

Unless Nico gets lucky with the right spell, I could legit see a naked, shield-less, half-dead Captain America solo these guys with one hand tied behind his back. And he'd barely break a sweat doing it.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 02:56 AM