KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League Dark

Justice League Dark
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

As long as Damien aint in it....

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 08:44 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still think it was the best of the DC animated films, but yeah I can understand some of the criticism. I'm just glad this team got a movie made about them.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 04:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I still think it was the best of the DC animated films, but yeah I can understand some of the criticism. I'm just glad this team got a movie made about them.

Really? The best? Above the Red Hood?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 04:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Really? The best? Above the Red Hood?

I'd forgotten about that one, yeah that movie was one of the best as well.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 04:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd forgotten about that one, yeah that movie was one of the best as well.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Dark. I thought Batman was silly but on the whole it wasn't a bad movie. Better than those Damian-centric ones anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 04:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Don't get me wrong, I liked Dark. I thought Batman was silly but on the whole it wasn't a bad movie. Better than those Damian-centric ones anyway.

If it's better than the Bat-family trilogy starring Damien Wayne, that's a huge step in the right direction.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 06:20 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, I don't know what your quality marker for spending is, but I would say it's more worth buying than BvS, MoS or SS are. stick out tongue

that bad????

Originally posted by juggerman
No, redbox that shit

I agree that Batman was out of place. I hate that they feel they need to cram him EVERYTHING in order to sell it.

Loved Etrigan

I can certainly use Redbox

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 08:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, unless you're a huge fan of these specific characters and this team then it's just worth a rental.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:43 AM
Flyattractor

I came close to buying a few of the DC Animovies but I learned my lesson with Killing Joke. They ALL get rented before even the thought of possibly buying it happens.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:55 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What was up with Superman Doomsday? The movie wasn't horrible, but why'd they draw his face like this:

(please log in to view the image)

It was distracting.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:25 AM
Flyattractor

Its called CHARACTER!

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:33 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It looks like they used an etch-a-sketch to draw his mouth and the lines on his cheeks.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:37 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
that bad????

It's much better. I'd say buying that movie 3 times (and ending up with 2 redundant, useless copies in the process) is more worth it than spending money on the 3 DCEU movies. big grin

But, as others have said, unless you are a really big fan of the Justice League Dark characters, it's probably not worth buying. Worth renting to see though.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:55 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I thought Batman was silly but on the whole it wasn't a bad movie.

I loved Batman's response to Orchid, when she delved into his mind.

[Something like] Orchid: "You have so much anger & sadness in your life...it's difficult to imagine how you find moments of happiness?"

Batman: "I have a butler."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 02:08 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Esau Cairn

[Something like] Orchid: "You have so much anger & sadness in your life...it's difficult to imagine how you find moments of happiness?"

Yes lol, a lot of decent humor in the film.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 02:20 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What was up with Superman Doomsday? The movie wasn't horrible, but why'd they draw his face like this:

(please log in to view the image)

It was distracting.

Art style or not, it was more than made up for by the best Superman fight outside of the comics (at the time at least, anyway).

Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Yeah some parts did get a chuckle. Just don't like it when they shoehorn in other characters that aren't usually on said teams.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:04 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Just saw it and it was kind of underwhelming. I have never cared for Constantine as a character, and his edgelord emo lines really irritated me. Etrigan was ok, the ending was far too reminiscent of Suicide Squad (tricking Destiny etc), and none of the other characters really stood out to me aside from Zatanna. Deadman was annoying as shit, the villain was generic, and nothing in the plot was really all that cool it was the typical Find X object to beat an OP villain. I thought the fight with Felix was cool, and Zatanna was the same warm and nice person with a ton of power that I remember from growing up. All and all definitely not one of the better films in the Direct to dvd roster

6/10

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 07:37 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe I liked it more because I like magic characters.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 08:40 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Art style or not, it was more than made up for by the best Superman fight outside of the comics (at the time at least, anyway).

When it comes to fights from animated stuff I also enjoyed Superman vs Darkseid from the movie with Supergirl where Supes fights Darkseid on his farm at the end, I thought it was cool how Supes goes all out and essentially seems to be become some huge whirlwind.

Oh there is also Superman vs Black Adam from a movie, plus Supes vs Captain Marvel from the JLU tv show.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 08:44 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

When it comes to fights from animated stuff I also enjoyed Superman vs Darkseid from the movie with Supergirl where Supes fights Darkseid on his farm at the end, I thought it was cool how Supes goes all out and essentially seems to be become some huge whirlwind.

Oh there is also Superman vs Black Adam from a movie, plus Supes vs Captain Marvel from the JLU tv show.

I honestly don't like that fight (Darkseid), because it misses the point of the comic.

The JLU fight is the best one in that entire series imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 08:52 PM