KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If you had a chance to write for your favorite Comic Book character

If you had a chance to write for your favorite Comic Book character
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blight
Less than Newbie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blue Beetle.
I'd have Ted Kord back, spearheading Kord Industries, going head to head with guys like Luthor and Bruce Wayne for big time projects as he re-establishes his company, and dealing with a shadow war between R'as Al Ghul and Vandal Savage in the first story arc.
I'd lay the groundwork for a big time crossover between him, Reyes BB, Black Adam, Hawkman/woman and Dr. Fate in the next arc, tying all their connections to DCs ancient Egypt together, and introducing a new high herald bad guy that would be REALLY pissed when Ted winds up being the one to screw up his plans in the end (it IS his book), and becomes a recurring threat for the relatively street level hero.
That'd be the first 12 issues.

I'd follow that up with a 2 parter where Ted meets up with with Maxwell Lord for an epic sllugfest...

I would actually love this. I want more Ted Kord love.

-_-

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 11:44 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by The Pict
I was gonna mention Earth One. I only read vol II of the Superman comic and quite liked the little modern touches. Like Clark getting news on his smartphone.

For me Ultimate comics changed characters too much from the originals. They were more like completely new characters rather than re-imagined ones.

I guess it depends on what you look at as a reimagining. IMO a reimagining HAS to look different and maybe even act different otherwise it defeats the purpose. But there should be key similarities that harken back to the original. Some characters in the Ultimate verse were more or less the exact same character in the 616 tho like Kingpin. But the way I envision a "Ultimate" Batman would have fun telling character origins and just as much fun adding in a different twist here and there from the Prime Earth version. I may do it as a fan project someday after I get my original stuff going...

Last edited by BruhMan on Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:55 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 11:52 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Blight
I would actually love this. I want more Ted Kord love.

Thanks, man.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2017 11:54 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have ideas for all sorts of characters like Aquaman, Pym, Superman, Batman/Nightwing and so on, but I have to pick one so I'm picking the X-Men, or more specifically, Cyclops.

As I can't retcon anything, I'd instead try to salvage all that they've ****ed up, and eventually return X-Men to the status quo they had before they went to Utopia.

TLDR: Jean, Xavier, Wolverine and Cyclops are all back alive, and mutants are back on track and not treated like some kind of Nazi-esque lepers anymore.

==

The story in and of itself would have Jean come back to life and attack Earth as Dark Phoenix (because the Phoenix never really stays dead). She'd be more powerful than anything that was seen in AvX, and she'd run all over the assembled heroes, taking down everyone.

Over the course of the story it would come to light that Jean isn't all evil, and that in secret she'd resurrected Cyclops, Wolverine and Xavier, the three men that she was closest too and incidentally, three currently dead X-Men. Though they don't see eye to eye, they agree to work together. They rally all the mutants together, and using the telepathic skills of Emma, Xavier and the other telepaths, they manage to split Jean and the Phoenix in to two distinct beings: A good one and a bad one.

Dark Phoenix is driven from Earth, and at an assembled meeting of all of the heroes (both mutant and otherwise), they're all finding it hard to get along, especially considering how Cyclops is basically a war criminal now. To combat this, Jean sends out a telepathic pulse, sharing with everyone images that explained why Cyclops had descended in to super-villainy:

He was shown a future (by Cable) in which all mutants were wiped out, a future which would be kicked off by the Terrigen bomb detonating and forcing mutants to leave Earth. This prompted him to go to all the lengths he did, and it would be made very clear that even though there were other mutants involved, Cyclops intentionally shouldered blame for things even he didn't do, as he wanted to make himself not so much a martyr, but the target of peoples anger so that when it was all said and done, the other mutants could have lives of their own. He knew that it would be easier if people had a central figure to hate, and being the leader he always wanted to be, he took one for the team.

Seeing what Cyclops saw, and Xavier and Wolverine forgiving him (or at the very least choosing to try to sympathise with him) for his actions, the rest of the mutants are now, as they were before, under the banner of Cyclops and more importantly, Xavier. Soap-opera stuff next as Cyclops and Jean make peace with each other, but it's decided that they just don't belong together. Emma and Cyclops have a fight about all that went on before, during and after AvX (not to mention some very direct bad-boyfriending by him so she'd distance herself from him), but they decide to work on things once Emma returns.

Returns from where? Her and Jean are leading a force of dozens of mutants in to space to deal with the Dark Phoenix once and for all (lol, because that always sticks).

Staying behind? Barely twenty senior X-Men, who reopen the Xavier School which is now run by Xavier himself, with Cyclops back to being a field leader, not a headmaster, as it never suited him anyway.

Mutants are back in New York, they're back to being a minority, and after saving the world, they get a bit of a break from everyone.

==

No, it's not perfect. It's just me trying to salvage something Marvel has legitimately bent over a pinball machine and ****ed mercilessly. Kudos if you get that reference.

If it was up to me, i'd retcon the damn thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 16th, 2017 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 12:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by deathslash
but ultimate spidey was was a teenager. So you'd do Terry McGinnis?

Anyway, In addition to snake eyes, I'd probably also do an "untold stories" arc for hit man.

I'd tell the story similar to how Ultimate did...from the very beginning of the hero. Bruce would be about 25 at the start. One change for example is his best friends I have Thomas Elliot who he's known since childhood and Vicky Vale.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 12:02 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

no love for abstract supes? :/

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 12:06 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by ghostman
no love for abstract supes? :/

You've already had that. Arguably you have that now.
I could stand to see an infinitely strong Supergirl for awhile, though.
We haven't seen that anywhere to my recollection.

And I'd start writing her performing actual feats, like she used to do way back in the 1960s. They give mainly lip service now.
I don't mean like the 1980s where against, say, Blackstarr, she and Superman would fight against Van-Gogh style paint splotches, either.
Feats instead with concrete, identifiable objects that people can understand.

And I wouldn't bother to explain why she was like that. It'd be a mystery to her, too. Nobody would know why she was like that and she wouldn't either.
Actually, her newest series "Being Super" is something like that.
She doesn't even know she's from Krypton.

But I'd get rid of a lot of the political "correctness" that characterizes the current show and recent book series. It's taken it way too far from its first season which had a character that adhered at least somewhat reasonably to actual, genuinely good family values.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 02:34 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

A Buddy Cop Team up between Death's Head 1 and 2.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 02:53 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Sentry

He would come back to earth and pummel everybody and just when he thought he had it conquered, Squirrel Girl saves the day.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 03:26 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Make Asgard great again.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 03:30 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Bring back L.E.G.I.O.N and FRAGGING CALL IT L.E.G.I.O.N despite the LSH Fans being to stupid to know the diff.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 03:38 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Pretty glad most everyone here have day jobs.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 06:09 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

yes

I wouldn't mind tackling lesser known characters. I'd love to do a solo Rick Jones story. One where he goes on some sort of cross country tour, getting involved with a myriad of characters.

I'd love to bring the JSA back to their former glory; where they are the heroes that heroes look up to.

A Wolverine story that doesn't relegate Cyber to story fodder would be cool. I'm so tired of him playing second fiddle. I liked it when he was brought in by Peter David as the bully of Wolverine. Where he just shows up, stomps the shit out of him, then leaves. When Larry Hama brought him back, he beat the shit out of Wolverine, broke his bone claws, then phucked off. Now he either is dead, has some disease, or is being eaten by scarabs. Shameful.

-_-

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 07:18 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

A JLA/Lobo story where the JL have to hire Lobo to go on a mission to Save the Universe....yeah it wouldn't end well.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 07:22 AM
golem370

I would love to write a couple character stories if I was any good at writing like bringing back Morg I might have him look and find Terrax and killing him in a brutal battle then having his power cosmic and taking in the well of life again. I would write him going around in the universe reeking havoc.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 07:33 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I would do something with the x-students.

The new (new) x-men series was great and should have continued.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 07:57 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Deadpool.
I would make him more Joe Kelly-esque. Funny but none of that goofy cartoon sh!t. With weaker healing factor. I would make him more violent/dangerous/scary. Think DP volume 1.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 09:37 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Thanos. I'd go in to detail about his use of Black Death magic and then furthering his magical knowledge and power.

Another angle I like would be him facing off against other death gods etc such as Hela, Pluto and Orisis among others.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:23 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by darthgoober
Personally, I'd do a new DOS ("Death of Surfer lol)" arc against Thanos instead of one where he just went CBR across the whole universe. A real knock down drag out where Norrin uses his versatility to the fullest to compensate for Thanos's advantages in raw power. I've actually already got the story half written in my head on the off chance I find myself trapped in an elevator with a big wig from Marvel for a couple hours lol
"Herald Madness" would include a Thanos fight ... and possibly even showing Galactus a thing or two. big grin

Originally posted by Damborgson
Make Asgard great again.
laughing out loud

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Feb 16th, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:38 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Nightwing

Nightwing and Midnighter, who have become friends, get back from a mission together and Apollo tells them that the Joker, having finally tired of his games with Batman, executed him on the steps of the courthouse in Gotham, after first unmasking him as Bruce Wayne and then torturing Damian to death in front of him.

Grief-stricken, Dick returns to Gotham accompanied by Midnighter. When they get there, Dick dons the Bat costume and they set out to hunt the Joker down, with Midnighter deciding on a whim to wear a Robin costume. Along the way they tear a path through the villains of Gotham. Unlike his former easy-going, witty and bantering self, Dick now displays a level of ferocity and brutal violence so terrifying word starts to spread that Batman has come back from the dead to seek vengeance. Midnighter, meanwhile, is enjoying himself, comfortable with this level of violence.

Along the way Midnighter tells him that while he admired Bruce, he and Dick are different, that they can't fight by Batman's old rules. If Dick isn't willing to kill he will end up like Bruce - fighting the same battles over and over again until some psycho eventually gets tired of playing around.

Dick refuses to accept this at first but gradually Midnighter opens his eyes to all the innocent victims they could have saved if only they had been willing to take more extreme measures. They continue to argue until they finally track the Joker down and confront him.

As Dick and the Joker battle, the Joker taunts him, laughing and bragging about how many people he has killed and tortured over the years. Gradually his laughter fades away, however, as Dick refuses to respond, just becoming more and more focused on his attacks which are starting to really hurt the Joker. Midnighter, meanwhile, still wearing the Robin costume, just stands on the side and watches the fight with a malevolent grin.

Eventually, the Joker bursts out in frustration and yells at Midnighter (Robin):
"What's so funny?"
Midnighter smiles even wider and points to Batman (Dick) standing silently and grim behind Joker.
"The joke's on you," he says, then bursts out in mocking laughter as the Joker turns around, astonished, to see Batman approaching him with two razor sharp Batarangs gripped in his hands.

Dick had finally had enough. A new Batman is born.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 10:42 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote