KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If you had a chance to write for your favorite Comic Book character

If you had a chance to write for your favorite Comic Book character
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blight
yes

I wouldn't mind tackling lesser known characters. I'd love to do a solo Rick Jones story. One where he goes on some sort of cross country tour, getting involved with a myriad of characters.

I'd love to bring the JSA back to their former glory; where they are the heroes that heroes look up to.

A Wolverine story that doesn't relegate Cyber to story fodder would be cool. I'm so tired of him playing second fiddle. I liked it when he was brought in by Peter David as the bully of Wolverine. Where he just shows up, stomps the shit out of him, then leaves. When Larry Hama brought him back, he beat the shit out of Wolverine, broke his bone claws, then phucked off. Now he either is dead, has some disease, or is being eaten by scarabs. Shameful.

The Rick Jones idea sounds like something you could collaborate with PAD on...thumb up

THAT is how the JSA should be written, no doubt about it.

Never read much Cyber, which is odd since i usually keep up with PAD characters.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 11:34 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Wolverine story. It would be similar to his "the best there is" storyline.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 12:42 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Originally posted by -Pr-
I have ideas for all sorts of characters like Aquaman, Pym, Superman, Batman/Nightwing and so on, but I have to pick one so I'm picking the X-Men, or more specifically, Cyclops.

As I can't retcon anything, I'd instead try to salvage all that they've ****ed up, and eventually return X-Men to the status quo they had before they went to Utopia.

TLDR: Jean, Xavier, Wolverine and Cyclops are all back alive, and mutants are back on track and not treated like some kind of Nazi-esque lepers anymore.

==

The story in and of itself would have Jean come back to life and attack Earth as Dark Phoenix (because the Phoenix never really stays dead). She'd be more powerful than anything that was seen in AvX, and she'd run all over the assembled heroes, taking down everyone.

Over the course of the story it would come to light that Jean isn't all evil, and that in secret she'd resurrected Cyclops, Wolverine and Xavier, the three men that she was closest too and incidentally, three currently dead X-Men. Though they don't see eye to eye, they agree to work together. They rally all the mutants together, and using the telepathic skills of Emma, Xavier and the other telepaths, they manage to split Jean and the Phoenix in to two distinct beings: A good one and a bad one.

Dark Phoenix is driven from Earth, and at an assembled meeting of all of the heroes (both mutant and otherwise), they're all finding it hard to get along, especially considering how Cyclops is basically a war criminal now. To combat this, Jean sends out a telepathic pulse, sharing with everyone images that explained why Cyclops had descended in to super-villainy:

He was shown a future (by Cable) in which all mutants were wiped out, a future which would be kicked off by the Terrigen bomb detonating and forcing mutants to leave Earth. This prompted him to go to all the lengths he did, and it would be made very clear that even though there were other mutants involved, Cyclops intentionally shouldered blame for things even he didn't do, as he wanted to make himself not so much a martyr, but the target of peoples anger so that when it was all said and done, the other mutants could have lives of their own. He knew that it would be easier if people had a central figure to hate, and being the leader he always wanted to be, he took one for the team.

Seeing what Cyclops saw, and Xavier and Wolverine forgiving him (or at the very least choosing to try to sympathise with him) for his actions, the rest of the mutants are now, as they were before, under the banner of Cyclops and more importantly, Xavier. Soap-opera stuff next as Cyclops and Jean make peace with each other, but it's decided that they just don't belong together. Emma and Cyclops have a fight about all that went on before, during and after AvX (not to mention some very direct bad-boyfriending by him so she'd distance herself from him), but they decide to work on things once Emma returns.

Returns from where? Her and Jean are leading a force of dozens of mutants in to space to deal with the Dark Phoenix once and for all (lol, because that always sticks).

Staying behind? Barely twenty senior X-Men, who reopen the Xavier School which is now run by Xavier himself, with Cyclops back to being a field leader, not a headmaster, as it never suited him anyway.

Mutants are back in New York, they're back to being a minority, and after saving the world, they get a bit of a break from everyone.

==

No, it's not perfect. It's just me trying to salvage something Marvel has legitimately bent over a pinball machine and ****ed mercilessly. Kudos if you get that reference.

If it was up to me, i'd retcon the damn thing.

nice I'd read it. is there two jeans or a jean and a phoenix entity?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 01:21 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Dual adventure of Shaman X-Man and Ghost Rider. I like stories where the paranormal mythos mixes with the Supernatural.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 02:18 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by riv6672
Pretty glad most everyone here have day jobs.

Not like current Marvel/DC are doing much better...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 07:34 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by staxamillion
nice I'd read it. is there two jeans or a jean and a phoenix entity?

Thanks.

Technically one actual Jean, this would be the "real" one, but the Phoenix would still be driven by a kind of mental remnant of the darker sides of Jean's personality.

Originally posted by JayDaDon

thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 08:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

The Rick Jones idea sounds like something you could collaborate with PAD on...thumb up

THAT is how the JSA should be written, no doubt about it.

Never read much Cyber, which is odd since i usually keep up with PAD characters.

I would do just about anything to collaborate with PAD.

Cyber's first appearance was pretty unique because it was written by PAD and drawn by Sam Keith. So basically one of my favorite writers with one of my favorite artists. Pretty incredible.

-_-

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 08:20 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

True.
But reading this thread, i can see how much worse it could get.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2017 11:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Originally posted by ghostman
no love for abstract supes? :/

Injustice was disgustingly badly written.

Originally posted by Blight
yes

I wouldn't mind tackling lesser known characters. I'd love to do a solo Rick Jones story. One where he goes on some sort of cross country tour, getting involved with a myriad of characters.

I'd love to bring the JSA back to their former glory; where they are the heroes that heroes look up to.

A Wolverine story that doesn't relegate Cyber to story fodder would be cool. I'm so tired of him playing second fiddle. I liked it when he was brought in by Peter David as the bully of Wolverine. Where he just shows up, stomps the shit out of him, then leaves. When Larry Hama brought him back, he beat the shit out of Wolverine, broke his bone claws, then phucked off. Now he either is dead, has some disease, or is being eaten by scarabs. Shameful.

Vibe as a Silver Surfer/Sam Becket-esque character, travelling the Uni/Multi-Verse righting wrongs and kicking ass

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Nightwing

Nightwing and Midnighter, who have become friends, get back from a mission together and Apollo tells them that the Joker, having finally tired of his games with Batman, executed him on the steps of the courthouse in Gotham, after first unmasking him as Bruce Wayne and then torturing Damian to death in front of him.

Grief-stricken, Dick returns to Gotham accompanied by Midnighter. When they get there, Dick dons the Bat costume and they set out to hunt the Joker down, with Midnighter deciding on a whim to wear a Robin costume. Along the way they tear a path through the villains of Gotham. Unlike his former easy-going, witty and bantering self, Dick now displays a level of ferocity and brutal violence so terrifying word starts to spread that Batman has come back from the dead to seek vengeance. Midnighter, meanwhile, is enjoying himself, comfortable with this level of violence.

Along the way Midnighter tells him that while he admired Bruce, he and Dick are different, that they can't fight by Batman's old rules. If Dick isn't willing to kill he will end up like Bruce - fighting the same battles over and over again until some psycho eventually gets tired of playing around.

Dick refuses to accept this at first but gradually Midnighter opens his eyes to all the innocent victims they could have saved if only they had been willing to take more extreme measures. They continue to argue until they finally track the Joker down and confront him.

As Dick and the Joker battle, the Joker taunts him, laughing and bragging about how many people he has killed and tortured over the years. Gradually his laughter fades away, however, as Dick refuses to respond, just becoming more and more focused on his attacks which are starting to really hurt the Joker. Midnighter, meanwhile, still wearing the Robin costume, just stands on the side and watches the fight with a malevolent grin.

Eventually, the Joker bursts out in frustration and yells at Midnighter (Robin):
"What's so funny?"
Midnighter smiles even wider and points to Batman (Dick) standing silently and grim behind Joker.
"The joke's on you," he says, then bursts out in mocking laughter as the Joker turns around, astonished, to see Batman approaching him with two razor sharp Batarangs gripped in his hands.

Dick had finally had enough. A new Batman is born.

Any book that starts with a batman execution is great by me, though I would prefer if Damian stays alive. It makes more sense Than Midnighter taking on the secondary role

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 02:42 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

True.

Truest thing you've ever said

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 02:43 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Any book that starts with a batman execution is great by me, though I would prefer if Damian stays alive. It makes more sense Than Midnighter taking on the secondary role

I have to admit, taking Damian out is personal. I can't stand the little sh!thead. So getting rid of him gives me satisfaction plus it plays into the whole Joker-getting-his-kicks-by-torturing-Batman scenario.

As for Midnighter - I need a catalyst. Somebody who can push Dick into evolving, taking the next step, becoming the new Batman who is willing to take extreme, lethal measures to end a permanent threat. Damian wouldn't work here, anyway, since Dick is older and would feel obligated to be the role model by continuing to follow Bruce's example. The more Damian would push him the more Dick would resist. So getting rid of Damian serves more than one purpose.

Midnighter, however, would have Dick's respect. Midnighter is a guy who has no compunction in killing bad guys. In fact, that was why he was recruited for Stormwatch and The Authority. Yet, he is in a loving, long-term relationship with Apollo. This shows Dick that while Bruce made the only choices possible for himself, those choices are not the only ones available to somebody who is not Bruce.

Bruce could never kill, because he had issues with killing. But Midnighter shows that sometimes, when you need to kill, you can do so without losing your soul or your humanity.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 04:37 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

True.

Not even joking, I haven't read anything here worse than the worst Marvel has given us in the last 2 years.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 04:39 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

I have to admit, taking Damian out is personal. I can't stand the little sh!thead. So getting rid of him gives me satisfaction plus it plays into the whole Joker-getting-his-kicks-by-torturing-Batman scenario.

As for Midnighter - I need a catalyst. Somebody who can push Dick into evolving, taking the next step, becoming the new Batman who is willing to take extreme, lethal measures to end a permanent threat. Damian wouldn't work here, anyway, since Dick is older and would feel obligated to be the role model by continuing to follow Bruce's example. The more Damian would push him the more Dick would resist. So getting rid of Damian serves more than one purpose.

Midnighter, however, would have Dick's respect. Midnighter is a guy who has no compunction in killing bad guys. In fact, that was why he was recruited for Stormwatch and The Authority. Yet, he is in a loving, long-term relationship with Apollo. This shows Dick that while Bruce made the only choices possible for himself, those choices are not the only ones available to somebody who is not Bruce.

Bruce could never kill, because he had issues with killing. But Midnighter shows that sometimes, when you need to kill, you can do so without losing your soul or your humanity.

Midnighter is basically older, gay Damian, with a super computer though.

I do see you point, I just don't see any situation in which M would take the subordinate role... Unless Dick is tapping that

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:46 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Midnighter is basically older, gay Damian, with a super computer though.

I do see you point, I just don't see any situation in which M would take the subordinate role... Unless Dick is tapping that

In this scenario, I see Midnighter not so much being subordinate - rather, supportive. He likes Dick, he likes flirting with him because Dick is so obviously straight and secure in his sexuality that the flirting doesn't really bother him. And like I stated, by the time all this starts they have become friends, good enough friends that they are returning from an off-the-books and off-the-radar mission together when Dick gets the news.

So, Midnighter goes with Dick because he is a bit worried about him and because he cares about him, even though he hides it behind typical tough-guy banter. Being more objective than Dick in this case, he knows that Dick will have to work through his grief and rage and that might make him somewhat reckless and maybe careless.

Plus, he's never been somebody to miss any excuse to walk into a city full of bad guys and kick their asses!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 09:05 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

There are so many titles that need to be revisited.

Nova - we should have a book where he goes around solving stuff and exploring the cosmic aspect. Just like we had post-anni.

Exiles - same formula as prior to "xmen die by the sword", a team that explores the multiverse from a non-cosmic perspective, and gets to focus on team dynamic and interesting "what if" scenarios.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 11:32 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not even joking, I haven't read anything here worse than the worst Marvel has given us in the last 2 years.

I have. Here.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 01:51 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

In this scenario, I see Midnighter not so much being subordinate - rather, supportive. He likes Dick, he likes flirting with him because Dick is so obviously straight and secure in his sexuality that the flirting doesn't really bother him. And like I stated, by the time all this starts they have become friends, good enough friends that they are returning from an off-the-books and off-the-radar mission together when Dick gets the news.

So, Midnighter goes with Dick because he is a bit worried about him and because he cares about him, even though he hides it behind typical tough-guy banter.

Well, daaaamn. Look like I have tapped into the Force or something. I haven't read these yet, but it seems like there are writers who have exactly the same idea I have about the growing friendship between Midnighter and Dick Grayson (which I got because I am reading the Grayson series at the moment). These have just moved up to the top of my TBR pile.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 04:29 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

I have. Here.

I defy you to show me something worse than this.

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-con...631-600x555.jpg

I'll wait lol

Last edited by BruhMan on Feb 17th, 2017 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 06:42 PM
TheOneFirestorm

Marvel
For the character Shocker

It astounds me that persons say he doesn't suffer from bad writing as a chump.
He's way to damn smart to be working for other super villains, he freakin created the suits and the gauntlets in freakin prison also he's a great safe cracker which isn't some piece of cake thing that most persons can do.
That's why it's utterly Asinine to seriously say he doesn't suffer from bad writing or correction terrible writing.

He makes money from extortion of car dealer Buisnesses, and he uses the money for sports gambling on the outcomes of nba, nfl, college football, college basketball, and other team sports games outcomes.
He loans money to adults that work which for him would be 19 years or older, and is a loan shark. They can decline to pay him back so he demolishes his or her car, bike, motorcycle, etc.

His code is obviously he'll loan money to persons only if they have a job, and are 19 years or older.
Also he won't kill or harm physically a person refusing to pay him back still will demolish his or her vehicle. That for the primary purpose to convince them to pay him back.
Also he hates rapists, pedophiles, child molesters, and persons forcing kids to work in porn. So he won't participate in these crimes, and he also won't aid persons involved in these predatory dreadful actions.
He can be shown stopping these dreadful crimes. He's still a super villain but still 1 with obvious standards.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 07:07 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

That reminds me, I'd read a Maria Hill ongoing. She was introduced as a hateful ***** but the character grew on me to the point I'm always happy to see her appear. MUCH less deserving characters have gotten their own books. She's probably sitting on a ton of big secrets, lots of story potential.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 07:33 PM