KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC Family Feud - Marvel

KMC Family Feud - Marvel
Started by: staxamillion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nwg202

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Cool. I don't have a problem with you thinking she wins. I just wanted to shed light on the other side here. With regards to Psylocke specifically, she isn't the most "powerful" on the field in terms of destructive capacity. Human Torch could easily outdo her, for example. I just think current Psylocke, who was smashing psi-defenses and even penetrating immunities pre-upgrade, is also capable of taking this. She's aware of the threat Illyana presents, so is quite likely to look Magik's way at match start.

But it's just a hard call. Most large battles are. Husk, who has outran bullets fired before she even de-skinned, could just as easily blitz someone while they engage with someone else. She literally set the ground on fire she was moving so fast. There's a lot of threats on this field.

I totally agree, a lot of times it's not about power and outside Magik or Wiccan I'd go with Betsy. Unless some of the others have TP resistance feats I'm not aware of. I'd usually take hax over raw power. Actually I'd even go w/ Betsy over normal Wiccan if he's never displayed any TP resistance since he doesn't have Magik's reaction feats.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2017 05:28 AM
nwg202 is currently offline Click here to Send nwg202 a Private Message Find more posts by nwg202 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I was imagining everyone going at each other at the same time and tried to make it so no one person or team dominates. Magik is very powerful but I don't think she could do all of this before someone could get to her. if I'm not mistaken she has to concentrate to use her powers and spells; not saying she will be completely distracted but I do think she'll be distracted enough to pull out many of those feats.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2017 02:01 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Magik could just dump everyone into Limbo, no?

CB could just teleport them out, no?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2017 02:44 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by krisblaze
CB could just teleport them out, no?

Can he? Has he?

Being able to teleport/open portals =/= automatically being able to get out of Limbo.

Plus, why would Cap port the others out? At best, he'd only do his own team.

So the point still stands. It massively cuts the field down if only the Braddocks and Rasputins were left after Magik opened multiple portals.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2017 03:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

and the Nightcrawler crew... Wiccan can teleport too

but no BFR

Last edited by staxamillion on Feb 21st, 2017 at 03:39 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2017 03:36 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Can he? Has he?

Being able to teleport/open portals =/= automatically being able to get out of Limbo.

Plus, why would Cap port the others out? At best, he'd only do his own team.

So the point still stands. It massively cuts the field down if only the Braddocks and Rasputins were left after Magik opened multiple portals.

I meant his own team.

And he did in in Secret Avengers and Uncanny X-Force.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2017 04:23 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up BFR is off, anyway, but point taken.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2017 04:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Psyloke & Captain Britain

Old Post Feb 21st, 2017 05:14 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nwg202

Originally posted by staxamillion
I was imagining everyone going at each other at the same time and tried to make it so no one person or team dominates. Magik is very powerful but I don't think she could do all of this before someone could get to her. if I'm not mistaken she has to concentrate to use her powers and spells; not saying she will be completely distracted but I do think she'll be distracted enough to pull out many of those feats.

A lot of her spells don't require any incantation or hand gestures. She fire magical blass and hell fire attacks like any other non magical character. She uses spells in mid combat all the time. Just one spell like cloaking and she can basically waltz through the battlefield taking her sweet time assuming her TP shields hold. She has better reaction feats then other mages since she's also a melee fighter and she uses her teleportation to evade attacks unlike a lot of other mages.

She is the only character in this battle that has defence for every character here. TP shields vs Betsy, mystic senses vs Sue, feats of screwing up pre cog w/o using any spell vs spiderman, instant teleportation vs blitzes, eldritch armor, intangibility bfr and magical shields vs energy and physical attacks, anti magic sword and armor vs magic.

She has attacks the most characters here have no defense for. Cloaking, possession, soul manipulation and other hax powers. She's ripped through characters w/ magical Immunity.

Her teleportation >>> than the other porters. She doesn't need to touch or see her opponent to teleport them. She teleported the x-men out of an attack while she was in a different dimension and continent. Just like speedsters, not all teleporters are equal when it comes to feats.

She does multi task spells, she put a magical shield, summoned an energy demon and used an energy manipulation spell to turn a fleet of sentinels into dust (internal attacks)

She has a demonic horde as back up. She can totally out number everyone here by herself. Her demons destroyed different timelines when they aren't jobbing.

She has greater range than anyone here, she can attack from a different planet, time line or dimension ( she has done that) Not applicable here due to location but just saying...

I don't see why having all these advantages doesn't make her the clear favourite in this battle.

Last edited by nwg202 on Feb 23rd, 2017 at 11:43 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 11:29 AM
nwg202 is currently offline Click here to Send nwg202 a Private Message Find more posts by nwg202 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

she might be a favourite for you but I don't think its a stomp. if she was going all out and cared for no one else on the battlefield maybe. I more or less wanted a battle where they acted and fought as they would in comics not forum. also they arent trying to kill anyone even though some might die. there will be all of NYC to play around with so please take into account stealth, tactics, gadgets as well as powersets.

couldn't Sue Storm just as easily put a bubble in her head? or Johnny go supernova and take everyone out? couldn't Parker tag her with a tracker so they would know where she was despite teleports? could not abyss or wiccan teleport the demon hordes or monsters away?

from what you say I don't see why the teams wouldn't be going at her in concert if she's as threatening to everyone. I don't think she can take psylocke ninja skills on top of everything captain Britain has on top of the spider bros on top of a speed and wiccan at the same time even with colossus, which would happen if anyone if they emerged as the top dog.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 05:59 PM
krisblaze

Originally posted by nwg202
A lot of her spells don't require any incantation or hand gestures. She fire magical blass and hell fire attacks like any other non magical character. She uses spells in mid combat all the time. Just one spell like cloaking and she can basically waltz through the battlefield taking her sweet time assuming her TP shields hold. She has better reaction feats then other mages since she's also a melee fighter and she uses her teleportation to evade attacks unlike a lot of other mages.

She is the only character in this battle that has defence for every character here. TP shields vs Betsy, mystic senses vs Sue, feats of screwing up pre cog w/o using any spell vs spiderman, instant teleportation vs blitzes, eldritch armor, intangibility bfr and magical shields vs energy and physical attacks, anti magic sword and armor vs magic.

She has attacks the most characters here have no defense for. Cloaking, possession, soul manipulation and other hax powers. She's ripped through characters w/ magical Immunity.

Her teleportation >>> than the other porters. She doesn't need to touch or see her opponent to teleport them. She teleported the x-men out of an attack while she was in a different dimension and continent. Just like speedsters, not all teleporters are equal when it comes to feats.

She does multi task spells, she put a magical shield, summoned an energy demon and used an energy manipulation spell to turn a fleet of sentinels into dust (internal attacks)

She has a demonic horde as back up. She can totally out number everyone here by herself. Her demons destroyed different timelines when they aren't jobbing.

She has greater range than anyone here, she can attack from a different planet, time line or dimension ( she has done that) Not applicable here due to location but just saying...

I don't see why having all these advantages doesn't make her the clear favourite in this battle.

The advantages aren't significant enough.

Her TP defences aren't strong enough to resist Psylocke.
Her magic isn't strong enough to get through Brian's invulnerability/new magic defenses.
Same with possession, useless against these two.
They can see through any magical illusion.
They can counter any teleportation.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 06:20 PM
nwg202

she might be a favourite for you but I don't think its a stomp. if she was going all out and cared for no one else on the battlefield maybe. I more or less wanted a battle where they acted and fought as they would in comics not forum. also they arent trying to kill anyone even though some might die. there will be all of NYC to play around with so please take into account stealth, tactics, gadgets as well as powersets.

couldn't Sue Storm just as easily put a bubble in her head? or Johnny go supernova and take everyone out? couldn't Parker tag her with a tracker so they would know where she was despite teleports? could not abyss or wiccan teleport the demon hordes or monsters away?

from what you say I don't see why the teams wouldn't be going at her in concert if she's as threatening to everyone. I don't think she can take psylocke ninja skills on top of everything captain Britain has on top of the spider bros on top of a speed and wiccan at the same time even with colossus, which would happen if anyone if they emerged as the top dog.

Well if we're going to talk about tactics, Magik manipulated all the x-men and found a way beat the Elder Gods, she risked the destruction of the universe. I don't think anyone here is as cunning or ruthless. She would throw fights and even let herself and her teammates get tortured even if she saw the future already happen just to stick to her master plan.

She plays the long game very well. Even Kang couldn't do anything when her demon hordes started erasing timelines left and right.

She's the stealthiest character here. She could hide from cosmic powered opponents, Xavier and Emma who was amped by Cerebra

Magik is also the best tracker in this group. She can track people across galaxies, time and dimensions. She can follow energy signatures, souls, etc...She knew the instant Dani moonstar when from Earth to Hela's realm while she was in prison. Even Nate grey couldn't find Dani. She tracked down Xavier Jr when he was blocking everyone else from tracking him. Illyana found Legion outside creation itself. A Non jobbing Magik should have no problems tracking people in the Danger room.

Regarding a bubble in the head from Sue, that's why I didn't use any of Magik's insta-kill tactics either like tele-dismemberment. Magik has spells that counter teleportation. Kurt and co don't to my knowledge.

If everyone is teleported into the room at the sometime why would everyone focus on her at once w/o getting their bearings? Magik has ported in Cloaked or hidden several times which would give her time to assess the situation.

Still don't see an answer for intangible demons who can regen and copy powers. She Magik can stop teleporters. Can I see feats of the other porters preventing teleportation?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 02:14 AM
nwg202

Originally posted by krisblaze
The advantages aren't significant enough.

Her TP defences aren't strong enough to resist Psylocke.
Her magic isn't strong enough to get through Brian's invulnerability/new magic defenses.
Same with possession, useless against these two.
They can see through any magical illusion.
They can counter any teleportation.

Magik has TP resistance Betsy doesn't have Magik resistance to my knowledge, why would Betsy win in a quick draw?

Brian was possessed by her demons during Inferno. The even took over Phoenix Rachel. I haven't been up to date w/ their magical resistance so that makes things interesting. She could port in S'ym to double team him.

How do they counter teleportation? Not up to date on their new powers.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 02:19 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

im not saying anyone instakills anyone, (I think that magik escalating into bringing out major demons is the same thing) but its possible that's why I put no bloodlust in the OP. and not that they would all start off against magik's team but if magik's team is wrecking everyone like you say they would then the only hope to even win the competition would be to work together.

I knew magik would be a favourite but not an outright stomp. teamwork should work to subdue anyone on this field. black widow gave amped P5 magik trouble in AvX so its not impossible that psylocke wouldn't either as I would say she is better.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 01:47 PM
nwg202

im not saying anyone instakills anyone, (I think that magik escalating into bringing out major demons is the same thing) but its possible that's why I put no bloodlust in the OP.

Magik uses demons to bully her own teammates. She doesn't have the same moral compass as a traditional hero.

(please log in to view the image)

Rouge states no one is getting past Magik's army

http://static2.comicvine.com/upload...12.22.15+am.png

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 08:40 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

What's to stop Johnny from going Nova while sue makes a shield to protect herself? Also, what would stop sue from putting a bubble in the heads of her opponents and then expanding it?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 09:57 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

with the team took to limbo in hellbound they survived demon hordes without any losses and cannonball was there and shown to be ok fighting demon hordes along with anole. i have no doubt that the lineup here can do as well anole could then.

i think rogue said that when she had the P5 amp plus wasn't that in limbo not the danger room. i thought N'astirh was killed in hellbound. and s'ym is what it once was either. Match has shown to be able to burn up demons as well in Limbo so i think Human torch should be able to.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 10:09 PM
nwg202

Those demons job like crazy and dont use all the powers they possess. Non jobbing demons destryoed countless marvel earths and have put down whole teams of heroes.

It's like you expect everyone else to be at their best while Magik holds back. Seriously, Spider-man? Human Torch? Nightcrawler? The only person here who is in the same tier power wise is Wiccan. (non bloodlust) and In character Magik will not hold back as much as other heroes.

S'ym tanked binarys blasts and logan's claws. The only reason they suurvived hell bound is they freed Magik from a plot device weapon. Demons weren't amped on phoenix force when they contained the avengers and a non jobbing S'ym would wreck everyone here by himself

Last edited by nwg202 on Feb 25th, 2017 at 01:51 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 01:39 AM
nwg202

Originally posted by deathslash
What's to stop Johnny from going Nova while sue makes a shield to protect herself? Also, what would stop sue from putting a bubble in the heads of her opponents and then expanding it?

Morals. Also Magik could teleport their heads of send them into a black hole. She also has magical shields that can tank a nova attack or port into another dimension and come back after or open a bfr shield to send the flames elsewhere.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 01:54 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

no I just take an average and what she can do and what she actually does normally as I do with all with characters. there's no real villains here and I already stated no one is going all out. Magik does have different morals but she doesn't just murder people in a fight unless its a villain.

in recent depictions which is only what I am going by, she has only been shown to teleport mostly, and sometimes lets out a BA looking demon from her limbo (usually something they take care of rather quickly), or a spell/monster from strange's playbook that I haven't seen to be effective on these teams. iirc she has all of her limbo dimension currently within herself and is afraid use it a lot because it was breaking down which is why she went to Strange in order to learn how to use her powers. I could give you unstoppable demon hordes in limbo but im still looking for her to unleash hordes since she was nerfed and reset. if anything you could make the argument that she mainly relies on her soulsword and teleports now. one could say that the soulsword has expanded and now channels and fires magical energy and that is her main go to lately. the only time I've seen her unleash a demon from limbo on earth in recent time she did it by mistake a freaked herself out then storm zapped it no problem.

also it can be argued that magik has matured as well and is not going to react to fighting with friends without any care.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 08:29 PM