KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Sacking of Coruscant - Jedi gauntlet

The Sacking of Coruscant - Jedi gauntlet
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selenial
I Choose Violence

How many he took on at once is literally beyond irrelevant, only how many he was facing in total, given that'd be exactly how he'd take the Geonosian arena on if he was alone.

I don't quite see the purpose of your post, the majority of it seemed to be complaining that the droids did shit, you can dislike that representation all you want but it's an official publication of an event. Oh, and obviously no one is suggesting he destroy more droids than the Geonosian factory can produce.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 01:32 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
This is genuinely the most retarded argument I've ever seen you come out with, and that's saying something.

Damn, I'd put a couple of phucks here if I actually cared what you think. thumb up

quote:
I don't care about this thread even remotely, but there are so many monumentous differences between Geonosis and this. The fact of the matter is, you're suggesting Mace couldn't have soloed the army on Geonosis, I'd ask where your proof of that is?

The fact that he has been overwhelmed by far less? The fact that someone in the Lucas story group themselves said he couldn't do it? The fact, it was stated the battle wouldn't have been won without the Clones? The fact that Jedi hovering around Mace's pay-grade has failed to accomplished the same, sometimes even in tandem?

Like, holy shit. :/

quote:
We've seen him do it on Dantooine.

And while in the same medium, he was shat on by an army space zombies, so, hardly the best source to draw from.

quote:
What's more, being shot at from every angle and from hundreds of meters away is completely different to fighting melee combatants. There comes a point where amount of Sith is no longer the limiting factor to their effectiveness, 50 Sith would haveno better luck killing Mace than 10, aside from their ability to wear down his stamina. The same cannot be said of 50 droids vs 10 droids, because unlike the Sith, all droids would be free to attack at once.

I begrudgingly admit this is a great point, yes they are going attacking from completely different categories of destruction - and yes it can indeed be perceived as apples to oranges comparison, but I'd argue reacting to the lightning, tk and lightsaber strikes of a legion of Sith, is a lot harder than dodging straight line fire from droids who sport terrible aim, while the droids also lack a clear shot on him from the get-go giving he should be faster than what they can track.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 01:35 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
How many he took on at once is literally beyond irrelevant, only how many he was facing in total, given that'd be exactly how he'd take the Geonosian arena on if he was alone.

I don't quite see the purpose of your post, the majority of it seemed to be complaining that the droids did shit, you can dislike that representation all you want but it's an official publication of an event. Oh, and obviously no one is suggesting he destroy more droids than the Geonosian factory can produce.

My post was to show, was that he didn't take on an army because the army itself all didn't attack him, he only ever took on groups, he didn't take on the whole army. In some cases his back was turned and the droids just stood there, doing nothing.

Sure he'd operate the same in the arena, however there would be differences in that there wouldn't be nearly as much room to move and he'd be under a factory pumping out thousands of battle droids.

So bringing up the Dantooine instance to show he'd be able to take on thousands of droids in the Geo Arena isn't right. I never said I didn't like the instance, it's pretty great, but people like to blow it up more than what it is.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 17th, 2017 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"Mace isn't as powerful in Episode III as he was in the Clone Wars cartoons, therefore we won't see him single-handedly take out an army." --Pablo Hidalgo

Just putting this here.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Which is fine, because he didn't take out an entire army.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

all of these folks would beat malgus 1 v 1, but with the army, only anakin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"Mace isn't as powerful in Episode III as he was in the Clone Wars cartoons, therefore we won't see him single-handedly take out an army." --Pablo Hidalgo

Just putting this here.

I'd say thats referring to visual mediums and such, rots being more grounded than ocw. power wise there's his holding of that massiv elandslide in shatterpoint and his superioity to dooku when both were jedi, not hat would give windu the edge here

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

wait this isdecieved malgus?
jedi wreck malgus and then deal with ven zallow blitz fodder

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 02:09 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Malgus alone is of 'Deceived' is enough to give everyone here a run for their money, barring Anakin and prolly Dooku.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 02:13 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Malgus alone is of 'Deceived' is enough to give everyone here a run for their money, barring Anakin and prolly Dooku.

Malgus alone as of decieved gets wrecked by anyone here

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 02:19 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

No, he wouldn't lmao.

But what's your actual argument?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 02:22 AM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

No, he wouldn't lmao.

But what's your actual argument?

His argument is a mechanic that was added after the launch of the game because some retarded players couldn't push Malgus from the plataform.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 02:29 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Just putting this here.

Legends Mace > Canon Mace is a well-known fact.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:13 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

The fact that he has been overwhelmed by far less? The fact that someone in the Lucas story group themselves said he couldn't do it? The fact, it was stated the battle wouldn't have been won without the Clones? The fact that Jedi hovering around Mace's pay-grade has failed to accomplished the same, sometimes even in tandem?

Like, holy shit. :/

I don't think anyone denies the battle would be lost, but that doesn't imply Mace would actually die to the Battle Droids. Either way it's a moot point.

quote:
And while in the same medium, he was shat on by an army space zombies, so, hardly the best source to draw from.

It's almost as if the differences between droids and zombies make the scenarios entirely incomparable, if only someone was making this argument about something else smile smile smile

quote:
I begrudgingly admit this is a great point, yes they are going attacking from completely different categories of destruction - and yes it can indeed be perceived as apples to oranges comparison, but I'd argue reacting to the lightning, tk and lightsaber strikes of a legion of Sith, is a lot harder than dodging straight line fire from droids who sport terrible aim, while the droids also lack a clear shot on him from the get-go giving he should be faster than what they can track.

You'll get used to it wink

I'd argue it's not. Telekinesis and Lightning are loud, easy to react to. A battle droid 300m away who's shooting at a different Jedi, misses, and hits you instead... is more difficult. Thousands of blaster bolts being fired per second end to dull the senses a little, fifty is much easier to deal with. I'm not suggesting blocking Lightning or TK is as easy as blocking a blaster bolt, but the attacks will be far sparser, and can easily be used to defeat other Sith who are attacking Mace.

To be honest, everyone's using this 'greatest Sith in the Empire' bullshit to hype these Sith beyond their shown capabilities. They were blitzed by Ven Zallow, they were blitzed by Satele Shan. Mace is perfectly suited to fight against these Sith in ways Obi Wan is not, devastating offence allows you to direct the motions of combat, had Satele waited for the Sith she blitzed to come to her, the fight would be difficult, but plowing through them and only giving them time to fight one on one leaves the battle easy.

The Exile faced a dozen assassins at once on Malachor, an infamous Dark Side Nexus, and they sported similar accolades to the Sith here. Given her status as an invader, it's likely she used the same techniques Satele did. If she can do that on Malachor, I don't see why Mace can't do the same in the Temple. If he can take twelve, he can take forty-eight, as long as he has the stamina.

That leaves Malgus and Adraas. Adraas is a phucking peasant in comparison to Mace, so let's pretend he's just another lackey. Malgus isn't, he's difficult, but if there's one thing the PT era know how to do, it's remove someone from a fight in order to make the fight about Stamina, and nothing more.

You saw Kenobi do it on Florum, he forced Maul out of the fight for a few seconds to face Savage, then forced Savage out so he was only facing Maul. You see Dooku do it all the time, parry Skywalker's attacks and force his momentum to carry him away, so he only needs to face Kenobi, then vice versa. It's not ridiculous to suggest Mace could force Malgus out of the fight, or run from him, blitz a handful of Sith, and then rinse and repeat.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 12:24 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

All but Kenobi win

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 02:15 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Aryn Leener can expand her perception to nano scale, while multitasking and "reacting faster than any machine" at the same time, to the point where she could piggyback a hyperspace jump of an imperial ship.

Sidious blitzed two of the greatest blademasters in the history of the Jedi Order's 20,000 year history before Mace Windu or Kit Fisto could react. One of those blademasters was Saesee Tiin who is one of the finest starfighter pilots and has phenomenal reactions.

Aryn Leneer is ~ Fisto level who lasted all of 5 seconds against Sidious. Yoda and Sidious would obliterate 50 Sith Warriors. + Even without speed, Yoda is so attuned with the Force:
"Three members of the council—Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, and Depa Billaba, excellent fighters all—had come forward and attacked him. Master Yoda had not been armed, and had not seemed to move more than a meter or so, his tread slow and measured. Nevertheless, none of the three had been able to lay a finger on him."

Legends Depa is beyond Deceived Malgus or Leener.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 03:25 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Nah its still a close match. Malgus and Adraas are the only real threats here. Ven Zallow was casually cutting through most of these guys.

Lord Praven was also among them and was credited for slaughtering one of the greatest Jedi Masters of the Order inside the Jedi Temple much like Darth Malgus (Ven Zallow wasn't the only heavyweight there). Keep in mind that Deceived describes the events from the perspective of Darth Malgus and Eleena Daru mostly, and additional developments of great significance [in connection with Sacking of Coruscant] are largely ignored in the novel but highlighted in the SWTOR game.

The entire raiding party comprised of battle-hardened Sith who had slaughtered Jedi before and were handpicked for the raid on Jedi Temple. In short, this wasn't a group of amateurs. This raiding party cleared the entire Jedi Temple with minimum casualties. The only casualties I recall were at the hands of Jedi Master Ven Zallow. Read the book carefully.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 17th, 2017 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 03:27 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Lord Praven was also among them and was credited for slaughtering one of the finest duelists of the Jedi Order inside the Jedi Temple just like Darth Malgus. Keep in mind that Deceived describes the events from the perspective of Darth Malgus and Aleena Daru mostly, and additional developments of great significance are largely highlighted in the game.

The entire raiding party comprised of battle-hardened Sith who had slaughtered Jedi before. This wasn't a group of amateurs. This raiding party cleared the entire Jedi Temple with minimum casualties. The only casualties I recall were at the hands of Jedi Master Ven Zallow. Read the book carefully.

Doesn't really matter. Zallow cleaved through these guys like butter. Sidious and Yoda could cut through a dozen Ven Zallows before the first one hit the ground.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 03:35 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Doesn't really matter. Zallow cleaved through these guys like butter. Sidious and Yoda could cut through a dozen Ven Zallows before the first one hit the ground.

Yeah, and I shall take your word for it.

Nobody is cutting through a dozen Ven Zallows before the first one hits the ground. Certainly not Mace Windu and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Not even Revan.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 03:37 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The only casualties I recall were at the hands of Jedi Master Ven Zallow. Read the book carefully.

Do you have a quote?

OT: I could see the first three (especially Revan) winning through tactic, bit they probably would be overwhelmed 50 v 1.
I can see Zonakin slaughering the lot of 'em.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 03:40 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote