KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Suicide Squad

The Suicide Squad
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I'm horny for King Stallone, I mean King Shark, too.

lol

Though in all seriousness, it's not even the appearance thing. Even though it's definitely not my cup of tea, I also know there are a lot of people into furry characters etc. It's more the whole mass murderer who eats people and has the brain capacity of a severely mentally handicapped person element. It's like sexualising Forrest Gump if he decided to go on a random killing spree.

But hey, to each their own, I guess.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2021 10:33 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
lol

Though in all seriousness, it's not even the appearance thing. Even though it's definitely not my cup of tea, I also know there are a lot of people into furry characters etc. It's more the whole mass murderer who eats people and has the brain capacity of a severely mentally handicapped person element. It's like sexualising Forrest Gump if he decided to go on a random killing spree.

Agreed. I can easily imagine some weird chicks having a thing for X-Mens Beast. But for King Shark… that is super weird.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2021 10:39 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It's not that weird. Every metahuman and other fictional creatures have been sexualized on the Internet (whether we like it or not, some are truly disturbing).

As for Beast --- a classic example of zoophiliac fantasies, yes. Grant Morrison even pointed that out in the 616-canon New X-Men run.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2021 11:56 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Apparently y'all have never been to fanfiction.net

People have Predators, aliens,Kaiju ****ing people all the time

Old Post Aug 15th, 2021 05:02 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 10:58 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Really cool interview with James Gunn...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 10:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
lol

King Shark is not a smart Shark, but he knows what love is.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 10:54 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I watched this again and it's so fu#king great. That whole last act is so bonkers and entertaining.

I wanted to learn some of the music that he used for the film before I watched it again so I payed attention to how he used the songs this time. It's so good.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2021 04:05 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
King Shark is not a smart Shark, but he knows what love is.

looked like he was broken in like a canine when bloodsport beat the shit out of him. after that, if bloodsport ordered him to bite off ratcatcher's head, he probably would have (while being confused over it, of course)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2021 04:26 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The film's box office failure is a mixture of factors, despite it obviously being way better than the previous one.

COVID is a major complication for sure, but the previous film left such a sour taste in the mouths of fans, despite it's huge box office take. (DC was apologizing for it just days after the release.) People don't trust Harley Quinn movie projects it seems - Birds Of Prey was a major box office disappointment despite some good notices, and COVID didn't play a role there. I thought Harley had a cult that would follow her like Deadpool, but that's not the case.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 11:45 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Didnt help that Birds of Prey absolutely sucked.

The simultaneous HBO release also played a factor for this. But then that didnt stop Kong vs Godzilla making money.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 07:31 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sammy00
Restricted

Account Restricted

The first bit of the movie was not what I expected at all.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2021 10:29 AM
Sammy00 is currently offline Click here to Send Sammy00 a Private Message Find more posts by Sammy00 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Didnt help that Birds of Prey absolutely sucked.

The simultaneous HBO release also played a factor for this. But then that didnt stop Kong vs Godzilla making money.

I found BOP to be entertaining even though I didn't like Cassandra Cain's character. It's fresh on Rotten tomatoes, so it has to be decent, right?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 06:38 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I watched this again and it's so fu#king great. That whole last act is so bonkers and entertaining.

I wanted to learn some of the music that he used for the film before I watched it again so I payed attention to how he used the songs this time. It's so good.

Like the previous poster said, I wasn't expecting the first bit of the movie, which was bonkers. Overall, great film. Hopefully Peacemaker's show is good, too.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 06:39 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Walt Longmire
Restricted

Account Restricted

i really liked the film but the story jumps around too much which causes flow problems for the way the story is told

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 12:51 PM
Walt Longmire is currently offline Click here to Send Walt Longmire a Private Message Find more posts by Walt Longmire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 01:25 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Finally watched this. It was better than the first film to be sure; it didn't get put through the editing blender like the first film, and you feel James Gunn's hand on the wheel. Still, I did feel like I had been shoved through a meat grinder by the end. The R-rating was likely another factor in the box office failure.

DC & Warners have got to stop with the R-rating, at least for the DCEU/DCU properties. They aren't good with it, not like the Marvel/Fox films like Deadpool and Logan. Deadpool is gory but funny, while Suicide Squad just feels trashy, like a megabudget Troma property.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 30th, 2022 05:55 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I think they just gave Gunn free reign tbh.

It flopped for 3 reasons:

1) Bad taste in audiences from the first one plus more recently from the atrocious Harley Quinn movie
2) Simultaneous release on HBO (audiences werent fully back to theatres)
3) And Yeah the R rating didnt help the box office, but the tone of the film probably did require it.

In short, this movie never had a chance at the box office.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2022 07:14 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It flopped?

I thought it did well?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2022 07:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I mean, we were still in COVID land at that time too. Even the MCU films sans Spider-man (which released at the very end of the year) underperformed by their standards (but still made more than Suicide Squad admittedly, at least partly due to the reasons outlined most likely).

Old Post Oct 30th, 2022 08:07 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote