KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu Runs The Revan Gauntlet

Mace Windu Runs The Revan Gauntlet
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

4-6.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 08:44 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The quote is suggestingstating it was accurate as of the 2002 to 2005 time-span.

That's further solidified by the third paragraph saying the re-release doesn't apply to future characters.

I'll send a response message for clarification though, since you're too brain dead to understand.
Nope, "at the time of publication" does not preclude it continuing to be valid after the fact. Only confirms it's validity... at the time of publication.

The later paragraphs seem to confirm that it only refers to characters prexisting in continuity, but that is not the same as what you attempted to claim.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Beniboybling
The later paragraphs seem to confirm that it only refers to characters prexisting in continuity

(Revan wasn't around in 2002)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Oh sry, I forgot that your cognitive functions fail to operate when discussing something that does not revolve around your beloved senpai. sad

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I'd like to see the full response, Ant. ./:

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 09:37 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

On the last page.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

(please log in to view the image)

The rest was De Agostini not understanding (there's a shocker) what I was asking (if it was Legends canon) and they thought I was asking if the quote from the Fact Files was also Disney Canon, in which they then clarified how the re-release operates under the new Canon policy.

The part regarding the discussion here is the snippet I originally posted.

all the quote says is that disney canon takes precedent over it. The fact file being accurate as of the time of publication was referring to disney's takeover. Nothing in the quote invalidates the fact file's use which the quote you're using itself says is legends canon.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

It is a dark day indeed when Kbro of all people makes the most lucid point.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 08:58 PM
MythLord
Diamond

So that basically means one thing: if a Fact File statement is contradicted by later sources then those later sources take precedence. If it's not contradicted, I see no reason to assume they don't hold any weight.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:13 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Refer to my original question:

"Quotes regarding most powerful Jedi only applied to the old Star Wars continuity during the time-span of the publication?"

There response was "this is correct..." Thus, "any official information" is referring to content in general, not direct retcons.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:15 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Can't argue with that.

As for general legends canon would this mean legends quotes don't hold any bearing on new characters? Or would that only be if there are official quotes afterwards which contradict the quote in question

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

My question specifically asked regarding new characters simply existing, not direct retcons, so I'd say the former.

The latter is also true, but that has always been policy.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:20 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

beer

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by MythLord
So that basically means one thing: if a Fact File statement is contradicted by later sources then those later sources take precedence. If it's not contradicted, I see no reason to assume they don't hold any weight.
So you're unbelievably stupid and cannot grasp the meaning of this post. I guanantee someone dropped you as a child. Multiple times.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:25 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

To be entirely fair, this only applies to DeAgostini. Other publishers might have different policies, but I honestly doubt it.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:25 PM
quanchi112
Disney

This should be common sense anyways that any statements only pertain to existing characters at the time.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:27 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by quanchi112
This should be common sense anyways that any statements only pertain to existing characters at the time.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 09:32 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by quanchi112
So you're unbelievably stupid and cannot grasp the meaning of this post. I guanantee someone dropped you as a child. Multiple times.

I know basic comprehension is outside your general capabilities, but you could try and look at things logically. Continuity doesn't work by just dismissing every quote that's made before a certain source came out.

It holds some weight unless completely contradicted.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 10:23 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Well ant about the conception of characters afterwards, not sources

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2017 11:25 PM