KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DOS Doomsday vs Thor

DOS Doomsday vs Thor
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
Jun can I assume that you're not interested in the BZ I proposed? As passionate as you are about the topic it seems like a cause you wouldn't want to entrust to another since the judges ruling in my favor would affect how future discussions about it go but I can understand if you'd rather pass on the whole thing. I'm not trying to harp on it, just get a solid answer so I know how much effort into finding a different opponent.
I have no need or interest for it. I never have. I always debated freely in open threads where anyone can support my or my opponent side.

My position stands resolute with comic portrayals and encompasses all given information. Yours is in contrast to them or unsupported by them and you've repeatedly been proven wrong through the course of this. You have not produced one shred of actual evidence in here that actually supports you. That's all I need.

I suggest if you want to debate Doomsday and not include his history and contain him to the one TPB, then you should develop a moniker for that and debate in those threads.

When we say WWH, or OWAW Superman, we don't necessarily relegate them to those arcs alone, their histories prior to those arcs are included in the capabilities, though they often don't need them.

It would be a ridiculous hamstring like saying "Bruce Wayne Murders" version of Bruce Wayne vs Daredevil, and you don't get to use any of Batman's MA feats for the last 50 years . You must use only Bruce Wayne's, and only from this arc.

As such, Hulk still gets his history when using WWH.

Why would you believe Doomsday shouldn't get his, and use a ton of unsupported poorly thought out angles to try to make shit ambiguous only in your own mind?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 03:04 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Juntai
I have no need or interest for it. I never have. I always debated freely in open threads where anyone can support my or my opponent side.

My position stands resolute with comic portrayals and encompasses all given information. Yours is in contrast to them or unsupported by them and you've repeatedly been proven wrong through the course of this. You have not produced one shred of actual evidence in here that actually supports you. That's all I need.

I suggest if you want to debate Doomsday and not include his history and contain him to the one TPB, then you should develop a moniker for that and debate in those threads.

When we say WWH, or OWAW Superman, we don't necessarily relegate them to those arcs alone, their histories prior to those arcs are included in the capabilities, though they often don't need them.

It would be a ridiculous hamstring like saying "Bruce Wayne Murders" version of Bruce Wayne vs Daredevil, and you don't get to use any of Batman's MA feats for the last 50 years . You must use only Bruce Wayne's, and only from this arc.

As such, Hulk still gets his history when using WWH.

Why would you believe Doomsday shouldn't get his, and use a ton of unsupported poorly thought out angles to try to make shit ambiguous only in your own mind?

Hey, YOU may feel that they're poorly thought out angles but I don't and I know there are at least a few others who agree with me. So I'll go ahead and try to arrange a proper opportunity to make a case to change forum policy in regards to DOS DD because I feel I can make a solid case for it. You're obviously free to take up the flag of the opposition, I was just extending the opportunity to you personally because I know you'd be able to make as good of a case as possible to the contrary and that kind of thing is necessary if one is seeking to affect actual change on the forum.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 03:08 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Hey, YOU may feel that they're poorly thought out angles but I don't and I know there are at least a few others who agree with me. So I'll go ahead and try to arrange a proper opportunity to make a case to change forum policy in regards to DOS DD because I feel I can make a solid case for it. You're obviously free to take up the flag of the opposition, I was just extending the opportunity to you personally because I know you'd be able to make as good of a case as possible to the contrary and that kind of thing is necessary if one is seeking to affect actual change on the forum.
Thanks for the consideration. I've just never been interested in it. I like the free exchange. When it goes down I may enter, the fray but my appearances on the forum are often sporadic as well.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 03:50 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Juntai
Thanks for the consideration. I've just never been interested in it. I like the free exchange. When it goes down I may enter, the fray but my appearances on the forum are often sporadic as well.

Well generally when they go down, people outside the BZ aren't allowed to post in them. That's not to say that you can't contribute via PM, just that actively "jumpin in" is something of a no-no.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 03:56 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

See I can understand why some might believe that, but then I think about pics like this...

http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/g...nergy5.jpg.html

As you can see, we have a good idea of what DD looks like and the uncovered shoulder has a full protrusion shown. On the other shoulder though, there's still not so much as a bulge. There's no mystery being maintained by not showing a bulge or even the bone simply tearing through the suit while leaving the shoulder covered. Could it simply be a matter of the artists choice of depiction, absolutely. On the other hand my point is that I don't believe it can be definitively stated that DD was fully regenerated from his "death" and the lack of a bone protrusion can certainly be interpreted as supporting that fact. Logically, if he's fully regenerated he SHOULD have his full bone set by this point. Given things like this, being cut off from solar energy for 250,000 years, his lack of feats on the level of his highs from his flashback issues, and Supes specifically commenting that the Warrior hit him harder than DD did I believe that there's plenty of evidence to suggest that hadn't quite reached the level of power in this arc than he had shown in the flashbacks. I'm not even suggesting that he was DEFINATELY less powerful, I'm just pointing out that it can't be said that he was DEFINATELY equal to what he was before, let alone more powerful.

I mean most assume that Molecule Man was less powerful against Sentry based simply on his lack of universal/multiversal feats in the story, and it's not like DD was actually busting out feats on the level of taking on a Guardian during DOS. And that's not even taking into consideration the potential amp the Guardian theorized he received from the ring. All things considered I believe it makes a lot more sense to consider his showings to be totally arc dependent from DOS because there's just too much ambiguity and inconsistencies surrounding that particular event. We have a policy against pushing WBH and HOTM Hulk levels for WWH even if the thread stipulates that he's going all out and even though it was made clear in those arcs that WWH was actually holding back. I think DOS DD should be considered a stand alone depiction expect for SPECIFIC rectons of the event like DC expanding the collateral damage done from shattering windows via punch induced shockwaves to seismic tremors and natural disasters. And even that's actually giving him more leeway than we give Hulk because we don't allow rectons to WWH's true level of power in debates.
I am quite certain that DC purposefully hid all of Doomsday's physical characteristics under that suit, because it was his very first appearance and they wanted his reveal to be gradual. This does not change the fact that the protrusions were always present, however.

I am confident of this fact, because as we saw in H/P(which was written by the same writer who originally created Doomsday and wrote DoS, mind you): when Doomsday was first spawned ~250,000 years ago on ancient Krypton, ALL of the bony protrusions he's had in every one of his appearances since, were still present:
(please log in to view the image)
*And that was under a RED sun -- no yellow sunlight was even available for him to absorb.

We also know the protrusions do not diminish/lessen when Doomsday is 'killed', as they were still present weeks after his 'death' at the hands of Superman:

...Which makes sense, as they are simply a permanent byproduct of DD's forced evolution -- an extension of his very skeletal structure:
*His skeleton doesn't diminish/lessen with the absence of sunlight, so why would the protrusions..?

Annnyway, those Calatonian burial suits evidently do wonders at hiding a being's physical features. When we were shown a retelling of his 'death' at the hands of Radiant, a 'suited' Doomsday just looks like a large humanoid with broad shoulders, despite the fact that his massive protrusions were obviously still present:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

So yeah. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 28th, 2017 at 05:29 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 05:15 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

thumb up

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 05:25 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Galan007
I am quite certain that DC purposefully hid all of Doomsday's physical characteristics under that suit, because it was his very first appearance and they wanted his reveal to be gradual. This does not change the fact that the protrusions were always present, however.

I am confident of this fact, because as we saw in H/P(which was written by the same writer who originally created Doomsday and wrote DoS, mind you): when Doomsday was first spawned ~250,000 years ago on ancient Krypton, ALL of the bony protrusions he's had in every one of his appearances since, were still present:
*And that was under a RED sun -- no yellow sunlight was even available for him to absorb.

We also know the protrusions do not diminish/lessen when Doomsday is 'killed', as they were still present weeks after his 'death' at the hands of Superman:

...Which makes sense, as they are simply a permanent byproduct of DD's forced evolution -- an extension of his very skeletal structure:
*His skeleton doesn't diminish/lessen with the absence of sunlight, so why would the protrusions..?

Annnyway, those Calatonian burial suits evidently do wonders at hiding a being's physical features. When we were shown a retelling of his 'death' at the hands of Radiant, a 'suited' Doomsday just looks like a large humanoid with broad shoulders, despite the fact that his massive protrusions were obviously still present:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

So yeah. thumb up

The fact that the first scan is actually under a red sun should end the debate right here.

I have a feeling it won't.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 08:50 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I wanted to post it, but I own a paper copy (hence my use if quotes).

I hate Old Man Gaylan.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 09:56 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Paper comics are for poor people.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 03:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 05:39 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Sure he is.

Oh really? Care to put that scan here?
quote:

I never said anything about the GL ring but you brought it up as if I had. I personally DO believe it was responsible for DD's showing against the Guardian but Celey is handling that argument so I didn't see the point in me focusing on it personally.

The ring was vaporized. It didn't protect him from that blast.
quote:

Power Girl is a Pre Crisis Kryptonian too, not every PC Kryptonian is the equal of Silver Age Supes at the zenith of his portrayals of power.

Uh-huh, she is a weaker version of pre crisis kryptonian I.e. Earth 2 version.

And the pocket dimension kryptonians were specifically designed to be at pre crisis level.That's why pocket dimension Superboy was even created.
quote:

I seem to remember him absolutely trouncing Brainiac in HP DD's body.

In Doomsday wars? Doomsday beat him black and blue.

You have a terrible memory.
quote:

Did he not? He may have just said that Warrior hit harder(I have no problem admitting that my recollection may be slightly off) but the point stands.

No, it doesn't.And Superman had actually fought HP Doomsday at that point, so he was rererring that version.
quote:

No need.

Uh-huh.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 06:57 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Abhi, start qouting people properly.

I mean, you're bragging about being 100% sober in all areas, then start acting like it

I love Supes' fans destroying themselves in this thread, btw. So sweet. Next thread will be about DD's boner, I bet.

PS. Yes, Thor gets one-shotted.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 07:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Logan is still dead stilt.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 07:14 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Prghqwrtqiowue//

Fuck.

You.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 07:16 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

This was tweeted by Axel Alonso recently

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 07:24 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, it was. Apparently old art, though.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 07:26 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend

The ring was vaporized. It didn't protect him from that blast.

The blast was not pinpoint. It was a violent dispersal of energy that affected a large area. It's not sentient. It doesn't pick and choose like targeting a miniscule spot like his finger as compared to the whole area the blast affected.

But wutever. We've been through this.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 07:26 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

4/10 for thor

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 07:33 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

^ Colossus has spoken, close the thread thumb up

Old Post Feb 28th, 2017 07:34 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Prghqwrtqiowue//

Fuck.

You.

May Laura Kinney save your soul.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 04:27 AM