KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DOS Doomsday vs Thor

DOS Doomsday vs Thor
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Thor has the hammer.

So this is uru armed thor or classic thor?

If it's classic he does ok. He has a 40 percent chance of succeeding. Uru armed thor even with Mjolnir gets wrecked.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 12:49 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by darthgoober
DD is solar powered and when he came out of the ground he'd been deprived of solar energy for thousands of years after getting "killed".

Doomsday's earlier forms were solar powered. He didn't suddenly became weaker because he was trapped in a coffin.

quote:

There's no reason to think that he'd yet reached the level he was at when he took on the Guardian when he didn't do anything in the DOS arc on the level of his tearing through the GL corp and taking on that Guardian.

He didn't have a GL ring for himself. The blast was all his durability though.
quote:

Yes he was becoming more powerful as the fight went on but it certainly wasn't definitive that he'd reached the levels he was fighting at in that arc(which seemed much more along the lines of him in Hunter Prey).

Hunter Prey was a different beast altogether.

quote:

As for Supes/Icon... Hell maybe it was the hardest he'd been hit. Or maybe it was the writer not taking Supes's past fights into consideration. Either way, Supes himself made a direct and specific comparison between the Warrior and DD which makes the statement hold quite a bit of water.

He has made several such allegations regarding Doomsday himself like he was far stronger than Lobo and strongest being he ever faced which includes pre crisis kryptonians .He also koed Warrior with two punches right after that.

So no, it doesn't works like that way.
quote:

I mean people make a big deal out of Booster's offhand statement about DD being faster than Flash or Supes noting that DD was more powerful than Lobo. For that matter, haven't you shown Bullseye saying that Batman hits harder than Daredevil as if it's pretty telling?

Well then, Doomsday is stronger than pre crisis kryptonians? Right?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 06:15 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, because the same Doomsday took the blast of a guardian sacrificing himself which vaporized SBP a few years later.

Good feat. He did have gl ring.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 08:42 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Yep.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 08:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Good feat. He did have gl ring.

thumb up and he had adapted to the energies. And had adapted to Calaton etc.

So lightning strikes? He'd adapt to it too.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 08:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Its not 10 consecutive fights.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 09:09 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by krisblaze
Its not 10 consecutive fights.

Who said it was?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 09:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
thumb up and he had adapted to the energies. And had adapted to Calaton etc.

The Guardian posited that DD may be adapting and feeding off of the power. Seemed plausible enough. Again however he was the beneficiary of a gl ring which for some reason his use of it was quite intuitive.

He adapted like thousands of years later..... After dying first.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

So lightning strikes? He'd adapt to it too.

Given enough time most likely. Then again he could also die or be incapacitated long enough to constitute a forum win. Now if this was DD during Hunter Prey, I would agree with you 100%. His adaptations in that incarnation was so incredibly quick and impressive.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 09:29 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

DD is solar powered and when he came out of the ground he'd been deprived of solar energy for thousands of years after getting "killed". There's no reason to think that he'd yet reached the level he was at when he took on the Guardian when he didn't do anything in the DOS arc on the level of his tearing through the GL corp and taking on that Guardian. Yes he was becoming more powerful as the fight went on but it certainly wasn't definitive that he'd reached the levels he was fighting at in that arc(which seemed much more along the lines of him in Hunter Prey).

thumb up

That's a very good point.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 09:32 PM
darthgoober

Doomsday's earlier forms were solar powered. He didn't suddenly became weaker because he was trapped in a coffin.

A kryptonian who's power reserves are depleted takes time to come back up to full power. Supes himself demonstrated this after DD "killed" him. DD's lack of bone protrusions when he came out of the ground is enough to show that he wasn't quite the same guy who tore through the GL corp.

He didn't have a GL ring for himself. The blast was all his durability though.

Hunter Prey was a different beast altogether.

I didn't even mention the ring so I'm really not seeing your point here.

He has made several such allegations regarding Doomsday himself like he was far stronger than Lobo and strongest being he ever faced which includes pre crisis kryptonians .He also koed Warrior with two punches right after that.

So no, it doesn't works like that way.

And I consider his saying that DD was stronger than Lobo to be totally creditable. Now as for PC Krytonians there wasn't a direct comparison made but I don't even have a problem with that kind of extrapolation either as long it's taken with the logical grain of salt. Hell Kryptonians had already started being portrayed on a more reasonable level for a while even before COIE went down. As for him KOing Warrior easily after that, Supes got upgraded after the DOS saga. Supes himself was outright stronger than he had been when he fought DD so his KOing someone who was stronger than DD isn't that much of a stretch. Especially since he only noted that Warrior was stronger than DD, not necessarily more durable.

Well then, Doomsday is stronger than pre crisis kryptonians? Right?

Sure why not.

Last edited by darthgoober on Feb 25th, 2017 at 11:54 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:41 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb up

That's a very good point.

Yeah people always overlook that fact. Just look at the difference between black suit Supes and Pre DOS Supes for an example of just how different a freshly revived Kryptonian can be from one who's been absorbing solar energy for a while. Now DD is obviously different in many ways than the standard Kryptonian, but the fact that he himself is also a solar battery means that we can't simply assume that he was back up to GL Corp busting levels less than a day after being active again.

Last edited by darthgoober on Feb 25th, 2017 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:44 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

DD is solar powered and when he came out of the ground he'd been deprived of solar energy for thousands of years after getting "killed". There's no reason to think that he'd yet reached the level he was at when he took on the Guardian when he didn't do anything in the DOS arc on the level of his tearing through the GL corp and taking on that Guardian. Yes he was becoming more powerful as the fight went on but it certainly wasn't definitive that he'd reached the levels he was fighting at in that arc,.

Of course he did. He took on Superman going balls out dumping his entire energy out in the middle of Metropolis with the fate of Earth on the line. That's way above a Guardian and some GLs.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 12:33 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Yeah people always overlook that fact. Just look at the difference between black suit Supes and Pre DOS Supes for an example of just how different a freshly revived Kryptonian can be from one who's been absorbing solar energy for a while. Now DD is obviously different in many ways than the standard Kryptonian, but the fact that he himself is also a solar battery means that we can't simply assume that he was back up to GL Corp busting levels less than a day after being active again.
Where are you getting this from?

Remember when sunlight touched SBP?

Or in the Ruin arc, when sun finally hit Superman and he jumped straight to full power seemingly and ended the battle?

And dozens of other examples.

Sunlight is more of catalyst for immense power than a fuel.

Yes, they have a reserve, but they are also a direct funnell that PULLS energy to fill the NEED for energy as it happens.
Typically, they jump directly to their operating levels the moment sun touches them.

Alternatively, RED SUN is written a catalyst to turning the power off. Which we learned when they gave the Red Sun Watch to Chris Kent to turn his power off.

Last edited by Juntai on Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 12:36 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

As for Black Suit Superman, its that he not only got put in stasis, but Eradicator, stole Superman's body and was using it to fuel himself for a year, keeping Superman 'dead' all that time, stunted Superman's power from returning, and then later Eradicator took the blast for him, which hit Superman and jump-started his power again.

And just in case we were going to bring up 52/OYL next, that was Superman's own subconscious keeping him powerless. The moment he wanted/needed his powers, they returned at the level he needed them at to accomplish tasks.

Last edited by Juntai on Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 12:44 AM
JBL
Wrestling God

If sunlight jumps them to full operating power, how come they get tired while fighting in the sunlight? I guess superman can step into the shade when he's getting tooled and then step back into the sunlight and be back at full operating power huh?

Last edited by JBL on Feb 26th, 2017 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 01:17 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Juntai
Of course he did. He took on Superman going balls out dumping his entire energy out in the middle of Metropolis with the fate of Earth on the line. That's way above a Guardian and some GLs.

Even if we were to assume that DOS era Supes was more powerful than a Guardian(which would be a big mistake IMO), he DIED by Supes going out and dumping all his energy into that final shot. If he came out of the ground exactly as he went in he would have came out with full bone protrusions rather having them growing as more and more of his skin was exposed to sunlight. I mean he had the things when he took on the GL corp.

Where are you getting this from?

Remember when sunlight touched SBP?

Or in the Ruin arc, when sun finally hit Superman and he jumped straight to full power seemingly and ended the battle?

And dozens of other examples.

Sunlight is more of catalyst for immense power than a fuel.

Yes, they have a reserve, but they are also a direct funnell that PULLS energy to fill the NEED for energy as it happens.
Typically, they jump directly to their operating levels the moment sun touches them.

Alternatively, RED SUN is written a catalyst to turning the power off. Which we learned when they gave the Red Sun Watch to Chris Kent to turn his power off.

As for Black Suit Superman, its that he not only got put in stasis, but Eradicator, stole Superman's body and was using it to fuel himself for a year, keeping Superman 'dead' all that time, stunted Superman's power from returning, and then later Eradicator took the blast for him, which hit Superman and jump-started his power again.

And just in case we were going to bring up 52/OYL next, that was Superman's own subconscious keeping him powerless. The moment he wanted/needed his powers, they returned at the level he needed them at to accomplish tasks.

Hey I'm not saying that the whole thing is written with 100% consistancy, just that there's a precedent for Kryptonian's power reserves being critical to their performance as well. The whole reason Supes went down so hard at the end was because he'd burned through his power reserves(and Supes himself mentioned earlier in the fight that he'd be in trouble if DD's power reserves were as extensive as his own). The sun was still up when the fight ended after all, if it was nothing more than a catalyst he'd have simply been KO'd rather than being thrown into seemingly death like state he ended up in. For that matter, if it were simply a catalyst then a single sundip would remain a permeant state. I'm in no way suggesting that simple exposure to sunlight isn't enough to make them plenty powerful, just that they become more and more powerful as they absorb more and more solar energy. I'm all but positive that this has been specifically mentioned on panel.

Last edited by darthgoober on Feb 26th, 2017 at 01:31 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 01:27 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

you need to rationalize battle damage/energy expenditure as independent but related as a concept.

There is zero evidence to support Doomsday was any less.

And on the flip side we have many examples of sunlight utilized and described directly as turning power on or off.

If you want to continue down the Doomsday was weakened path you'll need evidence.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 01:29 AM
darthgoober

you need to rationalize battle damage/energy expenditure as independent but related as a concept.

There is zero evidence to support Doomsday was any less.

And on the flip side we have many examples of sunlight utilized and described directly as turning power on or off.

If you want to continue down the Doomsday was weakened path you'll need evidence.

Again, he bone protrusions support DD being less. He was becoming more and more like the DD who took on the GL Corp as the fight went on and more of is skin was exposed to sunlight. It's not like they were protruding and the suit was simply wrapped tightly around them, they weren't there. And while I've no doubt that there are those who'd like to believe that DOS era Supes was superior to the entire GL corp and a Guardian, Maxima was doing all right knocking DD around too and I doubt anyone would be willing to credit HER with that level of power.

And I'm reasonably sure that for every instance you can come up with for solar energy being shown as a simple "on/off" switch, an instance can be produced of Supes having his solar energy partially drained and being weakened(but not totally powerless) from it.

Last edited by darthgoober on Feb 26th, 2017 at 01:44 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 01:36 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Again, he bone protrusions support DD being less. He was becoming more and more like the DD who took on the GL Corp as the fight went on and more of is skin was exposed to sunlight. It's not like they were protruding and the suit was simply wrapped tightly around them, they weren't there.
Doomsday was bony from the start, but they got more pronounced and sharper as he needed them. This is part of his adaptation. We also saw in Hunter Prey where used his bones to cover his ears momentarily when he wanted.

There is zero evidence he was less.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 01:50 AM
darthgoober

Also Juntai, I'm not saying that the novelization of the DOS saga in canon but I just remembered something from it that raises a question I've been meaning to ask a Supes expert for a while. In the novel they talked about Supes's power reserves quite a bit and at one point it was said that Supes's heat vision drained his reserves particularly fast, did this scene play out in a comic prior to the actual DOS saga or is it something that appeared only in the novel?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 01:51 AM