KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Is depression something you can "get over"?

Is depression something you can "get over"?
Started by: Jake2TheJakenin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jake2TheJakenin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is depression something you can "get over"?

I feel like human feces right now, and I just want to stop feeling this way.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 02:53 PM
Jake2TheJakenin is currently offline Click here to Send Jake2TheJakenin a Private Message Find more posts by Jake2TheJakenin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes you can get over Depression. Try Wrapping your head in tinfoil then take a nap with your head in the microwave set on high potato bake for 20 minutes.

END OF DEPRESSION!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 03:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

There's a few things that you can do to work through depression but the first and most important step is that you have to want to. Really want it, because depression is addictive and it's easy to fall back into if you don't see results quick enough, not unlike getting into physical shape your mental state takes hard work and dedication.

Once you decide to actually seek serious help there's therapists to talk to that will help, not a sure fix though, it might be chemistry in the brain and you might need meds. Another route is talking to a spiritual therapist (if that's something you're into, not for everyone) But some things that weigh heavy on your mind aren't physical or chemical, your spiritual health or lack thereof can drag you down too.

There is help out there, just have to reach out and get it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 04:15 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Don't listen to this Recluse. He don't know shit about it. Tinfoil in the Micorwave is the only choice.

TIMER TO TWENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 04:22 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Is depression something you can "get over"?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jake2TheJakenin
I feel like human feces right now, and I just want to stop feeling this way.

I'm gonna write you a prescription:

stay the f*ck away from 4chan.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 04:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
There's a few things that you can do to work through depression but the first and most important step is that you have to want to. Really want it, because depression is addictive and it's easy to fall back into if you don't see results quick enough, not unlike getting into physical shape your mental state takes hard work and dedication.

Once you decide to actually seek serious help there's therapists to talk to that will help, not a sure fix though, it might be chemistry in the brain and you might need meds. Another route is talking to a spiritual therapist (if that's something you're into, not for everyone) But some things that weigh heavy on your mind aren't physical or chemical, your spiritual health or lack thereof can drag you down too.

There is help out there, just have to reach out and get it.
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm gonna write you a prescription:

stay the f*ck away from 4chan.
These are both pretty solid options. Probably try combining the two.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 11:10 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

depression will always be there. you just got to find the right niche to get you out of your funk.

for me its excersise bevause that stimulates my brain and even if it exaughsts me i feel a hell of a lot better

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 07:44 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I always go with Booze and Violence.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 07:54 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Have you tried talking to a therapist? I've never really been depressed, but I hear that helps a lot. Is there something specific that's bothering you?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 05:49 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote