KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DOS Superman vs. Amped Kurse

DOS Superman vs. Amped Kurse
Started by: backup

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Both of them are in a house.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 04:35 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Galan,

Post the scan after the first scan you posted. I feel confident that Doomsday second hit sent Superman flying.
It was a kick, not a punch -- that's why I didn't post it. But yeah, it did send Supes flying:

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 04:46 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

No question about it, Supernan wins easily.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:01 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by Galan007
Lol, yeah. He dodged the heck out of that question. Why? Well I'd guess it's because Superman and Doomsday were CLEARLY striking one another with FAR more force at the end of the arc, than they were at the beginning. That much is incontrovertible fact. Here are some blatant examples...

From near the beginning of the arc:

Same comic, a few pages later:

Logical deduction aside, it was also outright stated that Doomsday's strength continuously increased during the battle -- which obviously means Superman's strength did the same:

...........(please log in to view the image)

*In short, your point/opinion here is the accurate one. thumb up
LMAO, where in that scan does it say that SUPERMAN was getting stronger??? He said he put everything he had LEFT in that final blow meaning he got no stronger. Learn to comprehend. It's YOU that make that misguided false claims. If anything, he was getting weaker and had to try and end it before DD overpowered his ass, so he put everything left in his near empty tank to try and win.

Last edited by JBL on Feb 27th, 2017 at 05:26 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:16 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Galan,

Post the scan after the first scan you posted. I feel confident that Doomsday second hit sent Superman flying.
Of course it sent him flying. You think he was going to post the next one?? He had to try and leave that out hoping I wouldn't notice.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:39 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by quanchi112
Why are you claiming he's a Pendaran disciple ? Pendaran isn't a good person and he's too gutless to leave cbr.
How I usually respond to JBL.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 06:13 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

There was no holding back.
The DoS arc showed that Superman had to go beyond his limits. It was always like that. Supermans strength makes this world appear like it is made out of paper. He could kill with a light clap. He has to hold back, else he might kill by accident. Once he sees that someone can take a hit he hits harder. So yes, he becomes stronger or decides to hit stronger, for this he needs to overcome the mental blockades he build over his lifetime that prevent him hurting other fragile beings by accident. Supermans strength is dynamic and has always been. Deal with it.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:37 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by cdtm
World of cardboard syndrome. Fear of breaking someone.

Peter Parker has the same problem, as the Sin Eater arc showed. He was abducting children, and Spidey beat him within an inch of his life. Much later, he finds out he's free and goes to confront him, and finds a crippled man who can barely function, and was pathetically telling him he deserved every shattered bone, every severed nerve.. It was enough to make Peter dive out of the building in panic..

And that's Spidey. Now imagine the same phobia when you can move mountains.

Not sure what this has to do with anything. Every super powered hero goes through the same thing.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:39 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

How fast is this?

After all calculations? About 7650 to 8320 FTL. From the writers perspective? I would guess 2-3 FTL.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:46 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Anyways, the winner is ------------

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 07:50 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Galan,

It proves the point.

DD was getting stronger.

Unless of course, you want to claim that DD.....held back with his punch? DD, the rage monster, held back?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 09:03 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by JBL
LMAO, where in that scan does it say that SUPERMAN was getting stronger??? He said he put everything he had LEFT in that final blow meaning he got no stronger. Learn to comprehend. It's YOU that make that misguided false claims. If anything, he was getting weaker and had to try and end it before DD overpowered his ass, so he put everything left in his near empty tank to try and win.

He wasn't getting stronger. He just put all of his energy into one final blow. If he was getting stronger, it would have said it just like it was brought up about Doomsday in the same story.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 01:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

He wasn't getting stronger. He just put all of his energy into one final blow. If he was getting stronger, it would have said it just like it was brought up about Doomsday in the same story.
Of course he was. Doomsday's base was already higher than Supermans and it grows with rage.

The entire DOS story Superman was trying to play keep up just to go even with him. Telling himself that he needs to be faster, that he needs to be stronger just to keep pace with this being that is stronger than him and continuously growing even moreso and isn't wearing down or slowing down. These were all examples of him cutting down his mental blocks as the fight progressed. The last couple blows-- breaking his bone, and then killing him, were the only ones that actually hurt Doomsday. "Yes! I finally managed to hurt him!" He dug into his power and finally hit the motherload.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Feb 27th, 2017 at 01:39 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 01:35 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Juntai
Of course he was. Doomsday's base was already higher than Supermans and it grows with rage.

The entire DOS story Superman was trying to play keep up just to go even with him. Telling himself that he needs to be faster, that he needs to be stronger just to keep pace with this being that is stronger than him and continuously growing even moreso and isn't wearing down or slowing down. These were all examples of him cutting down his mental blocks as the fight progressed. The last couple blows-- breaking his bone, and then killing him, were the only ones that actually hurt Doomsday. "Yes! I finally managed to hurt him!" He dug into his power and finally hit the motherload.
thumb up This is obvious to those of us who...you know...actually READ the story.

If Doomsday were the only being getting stronger as the battle progressed, then Superman wouldn't have been able to continuously keep stepping up in order to keep pace with him. After all, Supes postulated that a kick from Doomsday(when he was still at his WEAKEST levels, mind you) may have been the hardest he'd EVER been hit up to that point:

IOW, Doomsday's strength continued to grow, thus Superman's MUST HAVE done the same. Heck, the bulk of their battle was about Superman removing his mental blocks so that he COULD become strong enough to win. Numerous bits of dialogue tell us this -- here are a few examples:

When Superman finally realized that he needed to kill Doomsday to win -- THAT is when he began landing attacks that actually hurt the beast. This culminated with Supes packing all of his strength into one final attack, which 'killed' DD:

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 04:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Starting to go all out is not the same as getting stronger.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:21 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:22 PM
DarkSaint85

It means he becoming gayer, I.e. Coming out.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by golem370
Starting to go all out is not the same as getting stronger.
Exactly!! He started to fight like doomsday, giving it all he had. Zero strength increase on supermans part.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:38 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Galan007

IKR?
That was exactly my reaction while reading this.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:41 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by tkitna
Not sure what this has to do with anything. Every super powered hero goes through the same thing.

Some less then others. Superman is defined by his humanity and nobility. He cursed himself early in his career merely for breaking someone's jaw.

Iron Fist or Batman wouldn't bat an eye at breaking a few bones. Nor would Thor.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:53 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote