KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Black Lightning (CW)

Black Lightning (CW)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
As far as the resident black CW superhero goes does this mean that Firestorm now wins by default?

I guess, but since they killed off Prof Stein in the Nazi crossover, we may never see Firestorm again, or at least for awhile... Speaking of, putting Legends of Tomorrow on hold to have Black Lightning be in its time slot was not worth it.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 11:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I have this recorded on my DVR but before watching I have some questions:

1. Does this take place on the Flash/Arrow earth or the Supergirl earth?

2. What city does it take place in?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:32 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

1. Not sure but it will have a crossover.
2. Fictional city of Freeland.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:37 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
As far as the resident black CW superhero goes does this mean that Firestorm now wins by default?

Nah, Wally is still kicking around, even if he isn't there all the time. Plus, not sure if we will ever see much of Firestorm again after Stein dying and Jax leaving.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 07:02 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, I like Wally, but he hasn't done much that noteworthy. Firestorm had more memorable appearances, at least for me.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 08:12 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I just want Black Lightning to last long enough for Static to get introduced and get his own hopefully decent spinoff.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:05 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

If you like Static why would you want him relegated to a "decent" show spun off from a shit franchise?

I just want the CW to stop or do better.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 09:39 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, I like Wally, but he hasn't done much that noteworthy. Firestorm had more memorable appearances, at least for me.

Well, they will probably call him back to fill in while they handle this whole Barry in jail plot they have going.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:01 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Interesting. This is the only board where I've seen people who actually didn't like the show.

I liked it and thought the 2nd episode was even better than the first.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 10:48 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Damn a lot of hate. I really dug the pilot.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 11:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not really working for me.

Way too much pandering to take this seriously. The old man want being whipped is a pale immitation of Cage and Jessica Jones, without any of the funnies..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:10 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Damn a lot of hate. I really dug the pilot.

I just found it a little bit bland to start with. Not necessarily bad, but just kind of meh. Like I said, the main thing that actually bugged me was that damn neck posture. Might seem trivial to some, but when I imagine my superheroes, I don't imagine them kind of slouched over, shoulders hunched.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:13 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's like someones dad doing Halloween dress up.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:41 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
It's not really working for me.

Way too much pandering to take this seriously. The old man want being whipped is a pale immitation of Cage and Jessica Jones, without any of the funnies..

Oh, they're pushing way too hard to try to make their own version of Cage. You can practically smell it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

show has cheap budget lol.. they have put on the costume the ten minutes of the show lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 03:50 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah except it so far it seems everything Cage was trying to be IMO.

But honestly too early to tell. Could suck from the next episode. Cage also had a decent pilot but took about 5 episodes to suck.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 07:01 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

After four episodes, I think it has a long way to go before it even approaches the level Cage was operating at.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2018 09:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really hate his wife.

"I watched them kill my father!"

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!"

Ouch! Harsh, lady.

I get she's worried about him, but that's both cold, AND domineering/controlling. You get the impression she's not truly concerned, and more upset that he's upending her happy little home life.

Otherwise, not a bad episode at all. The fight between father/daughter was actually kind of interesting.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 06:13 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
show has cheap budget lol.. they have put on the costume the ten minutes of the show lol

Wow. That was a Pretty Lame Excuse.

But then Brucie is a pretty Lame Little BeeYotch.

So no big surprise there.

eek!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 07:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Oh man this last episode was pretty cringe

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 28th, 2018 08:31 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote