KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed: Origins

Assassin's Creed: Origins
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Assassin's Creed: Empire

http://wccftech.com/assassins-creed...-egypt-setting/

It's in an ancient Egypt setting. About time. That has potential to be pretty cool. I'm assuming the protagonist is about to go pyramid raiding there.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Feb 27th, 2017 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2017 05:09 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Apparently this one is now called 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'

http://wwg.com/2017/05/06/next-assa...-named-origins/

quote:
The story is rumoured to revolve around the original assassin’s guild and will feature two main characters - a man and a woman.

Its structure is said to be less linear, featuring a character progression system less tied to the story. A development source we spoke to compared it numerous times to Bethesda’s Skyrim. They say that impressions of the project internally are so far positive.

The game will apparently grant the player considerably more freedom, featuring a greater emphasis on exploration over previous entries in the series. One source tells us that this is the biggest Assassin’s Creed the company has ever created and is “huge” in scope. They say that it has been in development for “at least” several years now. Hopefully, it will benefit from this extended development cycle.

Not only is Origins rumoured to boast an explorable ancient Egypt, players will also apparently be able to go beyond it - possibly even as far as Greece. We were told that boats will return in the game, allowing the player to sail the Mediterranean. Naval combat, naturally, is also said to be included.

Old Post May 8th, 2017 10:07 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looks promising if the proposed changes are true.

Old Post May 8th, 2017 03:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm hoping this will be awesomely great

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 8th, 2017 10:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post May 10th, 2017 09:59 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Leaked image of Ba Yek, the new protagonist. https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/34...Ba_Yek.jpg.html

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 31st, 2017 06:25 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Renamed the thread title.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 11:12 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Renamed the thread title.

Might want to also merge the other thread with this one too.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 06:24 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 07:00 AM
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 05:38 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I do like the idea of a new game, but it feels like it's still plagued by a lot of the old issues, like the awkward climbing controls. Going in a window should not be that hard.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 05:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
I do like the idea of a new game, but it feels like it's still plagued by a lot of the old issues, like the awkward climbing controls. Going in a window should not be that hard.
I've liked the more recent climbing controls. One button for up and one for down has been working pretty well IMO

Agreed on windows though. Most of the time, I just avoided them. It didn't look too bad in this vid though

PWNT

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 06:00 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've been playing a lot of Syndicate lately, and tbh, as much as I like the idea of "one button for up, one for down", things like stepping down off of a three foot ledge are needlessly complicated.

Then there are things like not letting my use my pistol whenever I want.

I do hope Origins is better, but I am wary.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 06:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I just wanna kill people in the game

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Loot boxes confirmed in the game

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ealed-in-video/

quote:
In the preview builds, players can only purchase these chests with in-game currency.

in game cash is alright is ok i guess, If it was the other way around using real cash then it would be bad.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 8th, 2017 at 06:07 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 05:53 AM
Arachnid1

This game is exactly the kind of evolution the series needed. The setting and side quests are phenomenal so far. I also like the new fighting system and the reworked stealth mechanics.

My favorite part so far though is the main character. Bayek is great. He's charismatic and likeable while also being pretty damn intimidating when he's mad (the opening cutscene for example was some wrathful shit). This is definitely the best entry since Black Flag, and it's by the same team. Looks like Black Flag wasn't an accident. These guys actually know what they're doing. I hope Ubi lets them helm all future AC games. Two great AC games in a row from them may have made me a loyal customer for future entries made by them.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:51 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Picked it up yesterday too, Went with the God's Edition

i like how it has also more RPG style elements to the game, Even as far as getting loot and selling it at the shops to make cash.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 28th, 2017 at 02:28 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 02:25 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sold on the combat yet but the stealth is pretty damn good.

And the graphics....jesus, the ****ing graphics are incredible. I'm playing on a Xbox One X with a new 4k HDR TV and damn.....best looking game so far....it's incredible.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 11:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Takes a while to get use to the new style of combat, Like any other game i suppose.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 01:10 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm not sold on the combat yet but the stealth is pretty damn good.

And the graphics....jesus, the ****ing graphics are incredible. I'm playing on a Xbox One X with a new 4k HDR TV and damn.....best looking game so far....it's incredible.
Amen...the graphics are beautifully detailed(The Sphinx) I actually find myself spending an hour or two just roaming in the cities.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 01:18 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote