KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed: Origins

Assassin's Creed: Origins
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

love this so far

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Takes a while to get use to the new style of combat, Like any other game i suppose.

True....but I've had over 10 years of Assassin Creeding and I guess I was used to how the combat worked.

I guess it goes with the RPG'ish feel this game has. However, I think I still prefer the old way.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 10:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Just got WWII and Battlefront 2 so I'll probably just wait until Christmas for this one but I'm looking forward to it, it looks great and sounds like people are enjoying it.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:22 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Still not feeling the combat but the stealth in this game is very, very good.

Overall, pretty damn good game. Plays like Zelda: BOW (which plays like Assassins Creed!) but I find Assassins Creed Origins a much better experience.

I know Zelda will be getting a ton of nods for GOTY but this game is a much better experience. There is actually things to do in it.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 04:46 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

So how's this game when compared to past AC games? Is it more or less the same thing again? Or are there a lot of changes to the formula?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 01:09 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's quite few changes to to the formula.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 01:23 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, there is.

1. Combat system is completely overhauled. You hold down to block, then RB/RT for light/strong attacks, parry attacks and build up an aggression meter for a overpowered attack. You can also break shields/blocks by holding down either button to power up an attack.

2. Archery is a huge part of the combat system/stealth. They basically act as guns but with arrows. You have a sniper bow, middle of the row bow, shotgun bow and then a submachine gun bow. Seems silly but it's pretty damn cool.

3. Stealth is fun. It's pretty fluid and doesn't have the same trappings as previous games. You can sneak around without using the hide grass trope....even though it's still prevalent.

4. At any moment, you can use an eagle to tag enemies and loot. It works very similar to the Ghost Recon Wildlands drone.

5. There is a major loot system in the vain of Destiny/Division. It works well.

6. Crafting system that works like Far Cry.

7. There is main quests, and a ton of interesting side quests. They generally follow the same type of gameplay loop (ride horse to camp and eliminate somebody) but they have dedicated narrative that pushes you towards the quest.

Basically, it plays like Zelda: Breath of Wild (which plays like Far Cry/Assassins Creed). There is a interesting main quest, interesting side missions and activities that are not used to gather shit but to explore the surrounding areas of the map. It's not about ticking off a checkmark on a screen but more about seeing cool shit.

So....Assassins Creed Origins = Far Cry + Ghost Recon Wildlands + Division/Destiny and a bit of Zelda.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 10:21 PM
BackFire

Cool, sounds good. I might have to check it out.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 01:24 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it still retains it's Assassins Creed vibe that makes the series fun to play but simplifies key parts of the game. In a good way I might add.

There is an activity where you find papyrus rolls, which give you a puzzle to find a treasure. They give what area they are in and a few clues. It's like those Batman:AA puzzles where you receive a riddle and you have to take a picture of it. But you get great loot instead. They do a good job having things to do around each area so you get to explore some of it.

And it does help that the game looks fantastic....especially with HDR and 4K.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 05:30 AM
BackFire

I did just get a 4k HDR TV.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 07:41 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Make sure you have some room on your console too, Takes up 50gb for the install.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 09:20 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

ugh the 15 min rule...........^ Install data is 50gb

i've mainly been playing it on a HD TV and the game still good.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2017 09:37 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
So how's this game when compared to past AC games? Is it more or less the same thing again? Or are there a lot of changes to the formula?

Basically they copied The Witcher III for general gameplay and added bows.

In scope its fantastic. Plot is a mixed bag. Protagonist is once again atrocious.

Minimal seafaring this time which works for me because its always been an utter waste of time.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:06 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've been liking the Protagonist, Best one since Ezio & Edward Kenway.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 02:29 AM
BackFire

Originally posted by jaden101
Basically they copied The Witcher III for general gameplay and added bows.

In scope its fantastic. Plot is a mixed bag. Protagonist is once again atrocious.

Minimal seafaring this time which works for me because its always been an utter waste of time.

Does it have good sidequests like W3?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:40 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes. Maybe not as good but they are not bad.

Most quests give you a reason to do so. There is always some sort of story attached to it. However, they usually involve investigating something, or clearing out a bandit camp. Some can be quite extensive in where you go.

Overall, the side quests are probably the best in the series. Not on Witcher 3 levels (even those involve a lot of the same type of mechanics...investigate area, follow tracks/smells and then eliminate whatever beast you come across) but are still pretty good. The side activities are fun in my opinion.

And Bayak is good character. I felt for him.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 04:17 AM
BackFire

Cool, sounds good. I'll probably get this game in the future once I finish up some games in my backlog.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 04:47 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would probably do the same but I bought the game to try out the new Xbox and 4k.

Funny thing, I have been replaying Witcher 3 and I forgot how stiff the character movement is. As well, moving around on a horse is a bit frustrating.

I compared it to Origins and that game is heads above Witcher 3 when moving around. The controls are spot on and riding a horse is not frustrating as Witcher 3.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:45 PM
BackFire

Not sure if you're aware, but in one of the patches for Witcher 3 they included an alternative movement mode in the options menu that makes Geralt control better.

Last edited by BackFire on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:04 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

finished this now about to download the dlc

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 03:06 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote