KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassin's Creed: Origins

Assassin's Creed: Origins
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Been playing this for a while. Been enjoying it. I really like the loot system in this game, it's better than a lot of actual looter games out there in that it always feels like a better piece of gear is just another gameplay loop away.

Do think maybe the world is too big. Also there's a lot of sidequests and they're more or less required in order keep up with the level ranges of the main quests. Would have preferred if they were a bit more optional as they are pretty hit and miss.

Also as fun as the world is to explore, and as much as this game gets compared to Witcher 3, I think they are missing some very key components that made the Witcher 3 great instead of just good, and that's the story and characters. They just aren't very good here. There aren't a lot of great supporting characters that you really get attached to imo, and while the main character himself is good in that he has a solid and likeable personality, the overall narrative feels a little sparse and drawn out.

Even so, probably the best Assassin's Creed game I've played. Combat is fun and the core gameplay loop is fun. And the story is by no means bad, just feel it could be better, especially with how long the game is.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 01:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Been playing this for a while. Been enjoying it. I really like the loot system in this game, it's better than a lot of actual looter games out there in that it always feels like a better piece of gear is just another gameplay loop away.

Do think maybe the world is too big. Also there's a lot of sidequests and they're more or less required in order keep up with the level ranges of the main quests. Would have preferred if they were a bit more optional as they are pretty hit and miss.

Also as fun as the world is to explore, and as much as this game gets compared to Witcher 3, I think they are missing some very key components that made the Witcher 3 great instead of just good, and that's the story and characters. They just aren't very good here. There aren't a lot of great supporting characters that you really get attached to imo, and while the main character himself is good in that he has a solid and likeable personality, the overall narrative feels a little sparse and drawn out.

Even so, probably the best Assassin's Creed game I've played. Combat is fun and the core gameplay loop is fun. And the story is by no means bad, just feel it could be better, especially with how long the game is.

have you killed a phylake yet?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 8th, 2018 03:09 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone done Curse of the pharaohs yet?

It really is vastly superior to the Hidden Ones. Much grander in scale and the afterlife sections are all uniquely stunning.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 01:28 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote