KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bright (2017) Netflix original

Bright (2017) Netflix original
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This film is goofy because they didn't really explain or explore the world effectively. Maybe if they had made it into a three-part mini-series or something they could have done it justice...

...and if they got rid of some of that awful dialogue at the beginning. That was some major cringe.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2017 02:22 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Ok, sequels could explore and explain more about this world...

https://www.slashgear.com/sequel-to...works-23512798/

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 04:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Has potential but was lackluster. Hopefully I get to see more of this world as it may improve.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 05:07 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This film is goofy because they didn't really explain or explore the world effectively. Maybe if they had made it into a three-part mini-series or something they could have done it justice...

...and if they got rid of some of that awful dialogue at the beginning. That was some major cringe.

Could probably use with the same treatment as Alien Nation and Stargate. Give it a series. Definitely has potential and would be ashame to see it wasted.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 26th, 2017 09:53 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It was not very good, but also not awful/worse than cancer as some are making it. Had an Alien Nation vibe to it and I liked that part, but it was poorly fleshed out, you just didn't really care about any of the characters.

As some others said, would have potential as a mini series or a series.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 06:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Her butt crack looks f*cking weird.

You're just used to seeing men's butt cracks...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 06:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard

thumb up

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 07:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

Projecting again I see.

Originally posted by jaden101
Could probably use with the same treatment as Alien Nation and Stargate. Give it a series. Definitely has potential and would be ashame to see it wasted.

I'm still pissed they canceled Stargate Universe.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 10:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
Projecting again I see.

You are the only one projecting your penis towards men's asses.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 01:31 AM
Dr Will Hatch

I still have to see this but I am curious to see what a Frankensteinian abomination it is. I've heard that it rips off Alien Nation a bit, just swapping out aliens for orcs.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 03:43 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I'm so glad that this got bashed as much as it did. I went with ZERO expectations and actually ended up enjoying it for the most part. It was long and dragged in a few places but I didn't find it to be terrible.

The universe is very interesting and I would like to have gotten more history and lore

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 05:41 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
You are the only one projecting your penis towards men's asses.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

You can't prove that in court.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 04:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

k so is this supposed to be Middle Earth in our present day or some shit? Cuz Landis is treading dangerously close to some copyright infringement here lol

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:57 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Pretty good movie, best thing Will Smith has been in since like... MIB, or Independance Day, lol.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 08:54 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by relentless1
k so is this supposed to be Middle Earth in our present day or some shit? Cuz Landis is treading dangerously close to some copyright infringement here lol
I think so.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:07 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Pretty good movie, best thing Will Smith has been in since like... MIB, or Independance Day, lol.

Seven Pounds??????

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 11:37 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Makes me kinda wish that CSI show, but with magic got picked up.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 12:37 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, here is a mini featurette which probably belonged in the film somehow. It explains some of the lore, but it really just sounds rushed and goofy to me.

Source: TheVerge

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 01:48 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Seven Pounds??????

Never seen it.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 06:15 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Never seen it.

I was just half-joking: Smith's performance is great, but the movie is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Still pretty good, but certainly not at the level of your picks.

Pursuit of Happyness is still Smith's finest hour tho, IMO.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 11:49 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote