KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bright (2017) Netflix original

Bright (2017) Netflix original
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Never seen it.
Hancock was good.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 12:11 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Bright was a solid flick. I gave it a 8/10.

The main cast was brilliant. Ward and Jakoby interaction was pretty strong, they completed each other. We even see that Ward was the same way Jakoby is now, and Jakoby wants to be like Ward.

The plot had its weak points, the biggest being Leila given by her wand away to a surbodinate just to kill her little sister. When we learned from the beginning, the wand allows you to travel back in time.

I wanted the Dark Lord to be more fleshed out. We barely knew anything about him, and why he did what he did. Same think with Jirak, the unblooded orc. I also was curious about the order the homeless guy was in, and the Elf from the Feds played by Edgar.

I think this movie should have been a 10 episodes mini, instead of a 2hr long flick. The Bright world had so much to be explore.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:47 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

8/10

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by relentless1
k so is this supposed to be Middle Earth in our present day or some shit? Cuz Landis is treading dangerously close to some copyright infringement here lol

Am actually curious why you think so?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:51 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by quanchi112
8/10

laughing out loud

Point being? My reviews are base on my enjoyment of the films and shows I watch, not in another persons enjoyments. For all I care, you could hate the movie, as long as I enjoy myself, that’s all that matters.

You’re also the last person to laugh at anyone’s review of a movie when you think TFA, and the TLJ were great movies. Or snooke was a great villain and stronger than the Emperor.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:55 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by SquallX
Point being? My reviews are base on my enjoyment of the films and shows I watch, not in another persons enjoyments. For all I care, you could hate the movie, as long as I enjoy myself, that’s all that matters.

You’re also the last person to laugh at anyone’s review of a movie when you think TFA, and the TLJ were great movies. Or snooke was a great villain and stronger than the Emperor.
I have no idea who Snooke is you petulant child. I do believe Snoke is fantastic and the Last Jedi shits all over this film. I guess you love thuggish orcs and a painfully moronic plot. This could be improved but the first film was mediocre at best. Your opinion is pure cringe.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:57 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

So I saw Bright, and it's really not that bad.

It's not GOOD mind you, but it's not bad. It's one of those kinds of movies that you can enjoy and appreciate if you just turn your brain off. which isn't that different from two of David Ayers's other films Suicide Squad or Sabotage, actually.

The premise, of a high fantasy Tolkien world like Lord of the Rings that takes place in the modern day, is admittedly very intriguing and ripe for good stories to tell, and for all of Bright's weaknesses, the setting is just so unique that it offsets most of those weaknesses. I hope more movies or a TV series are made about this universe, because I would watch them. There's definitely an Alien Nation vibe to it, but it's different enough to distinguish itself from claims of plagiarism.

When this came out, I read that it was in contention for being one of the worst movies of the year, and it's nowhere close to being the world. Hell, it's nowhere close to being the worst movie this MONTH.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2018 02:55 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
So I saw Bright, and it's really not that bad.

It's not GOOD mind you, but it's not bad. It's one of those kinds of movies that you can enjoy and appreciate if you just turn your brain off. which isn't that different from two of David Ayers's other films Suicide Squad or Sabotage, actually.

The premise, of a high fantasy Tolkien world like Lord of the Rings that takes place in the modern day, is admittedly very intriguing and ripe for good stories to tell, and for all of Bright's weaknesses, the setting is just so unique that it offsets most of those weaknesses. I hope more movies or a TV series are made about this universe, because I would watch them. There's definitely an Alien Nation vibe to it, but it's different enough to distinguish itself from claims of plagiarism.

When this came out, I read that it was in contention for being one of the worst movies of the year, and it's nowhere close to being the world. Hell, it's nowhere close to being the worst movie this MONTH.

I just laughed at the "fairy lives don't matter!" scene. I imagine the person who wrote this smugly sitting back in their chair and thinking "indeed, this is awesome commentary on the country".

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:14 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I couldn't get through it. I'll have to get back to it maybe tomorrow. I think it sucks so far.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 08:17 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
I just laughed at the "fairy lives don't matter!" scene. I imagine the person who wrote this smugly sitting back in their chair and thinking "indeed, this is awesome commentary on the country".

Yeah. You like all that subtlety?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Bright was ok.
It just took me a while to get used to & accept the mix of fantasy & ghetto together in a film.

I also thought the graffiti montage in the beginning was enough to establish a "historical background" for the story to move forward.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:32 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Bright was ok.
It just took me a while to get used to & accept the mix of fantasy & ghetto together in a film.

Same here.

I think the concept could work, but the world is going to need a lot more and better developing.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah. You like all that subtlety?

Indeed, it could only get more subtle if you had a banner on the bottom of the screen constantly flashing "orcs represent minorities!".

You'd also think the black guy would be a bit more understanding about being treated differently due to things you can't change...but nah, f*ck those fairies and orcs.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur

^ Triggered by social commentary

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 06:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote