KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Palpatine Supremacy Thread

The Palpatine Supremacy Thread
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
Your ad hominem notwithstanding, I hold you entirely to blame for the lethargy this forum has suffered due to your status quoing and the complete lowballing of entire eras to build your little altar.

Oh lort. Chill lol. Some truths have moved beyond the need to revisit them every 5 minutes. Scientists don't waste their energy these days asserting the Earth is round or the sky is blue. Sheev is supreme. #teamswtor has had 5+ years and couldn't get the job done. You're gonna need a hell of a lot more than a volley of loaded questions and non-committal Tweets to warrant that kind of attention from me.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 02:08 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Watching the battle between Sheevites and Vitidiots is amusing.

All hail the ones tbh.

Although watching Temp come out of his hermit cave amidst the rise of the Vitidiots is lovely

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Rumor has it, Temp is so attuned with Sheev that he can hear the clicks of "P-a-l-p-a-t-i-n-e" on keyboards across the world.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
What is it with kmc and crap escalating so quickly

people take simple drawings on paper too serious, lmao.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Rumor has it, Temp is so attuned with Sheev that he can hear the clicks of "P-a-l-p-a-t-i-n-e" on keyboards across the world.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 02:24 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Oh dear.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing laughing laughing rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 05:57 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by AncientPower
Well pre-Ziost Vitiate is far more powerful than SOR Revan who is himself far more powerful than a doubly amped Darth Malak and his fodder Sith. Who was causing the Dark Side of the Force to blind the senses of the Jedi Order even from the mass deaths of the entire Jedi Enclave.

I'm not impressed, in other words.
Did he unbalance the Force tho?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2017 07:24 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Palpatine as a character sucks nowadays due to fans and his illusional DBZ status.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 11:54 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Did he unbalance the Force tho?

The Force is always unbalanced throughout history, Uncle Ben. James was the first to mention this information in the Darth Plagueis novel.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2017 11:56 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I'd like to make an addendum to this thread. Here is another quote declaring Sidious to be the strongest Sith Lord of all:

Finally - the Emperor - who should be fighting to save the Republic - is revealed as the most powerful and menacing Sith of all!

--The Sith (Revenge of the Sith Collection)

I'd also like to add another section entirely:

Palpatine is the living embodiment of the dark side of the Force:

quote:
Palpatine's fury buffeted Plagueis. Blossoms growing along the sides of the pathway folded in on themselves, and their pollinators began to buzz in agitation. FourDee reacted, as well, wobbling on its feet, as if in the grip of a powerful electromagnet. Had this human truly been born of flesh-and-blood parents? Plagueis asked himself. When, in fact, he seemed sprung from nature itself. Was the Force so strong in him that it had concealed itself?

--Darth Plagueis

quote:
A welter of voices, near and far, present and from eons past, drowned his thoughts. Raised in praise, the voices proclaimed his reign and cheered the inauguration of a new order. Yellow eyes lifted to the night sky, he saw the trembling stars flare, and in the depth of his being he felt the power of the dark side anoint him.

--Darth Plagueis

quote:
In his mouth, Sidious tasted the tang of blood; in his chest, he felt the monster rising, emerging from shadowy depths and contorting his aspect into something fearsome just short of revealing itself to the world.

The dark side had made him its property, and now he made the dark side his.

Breathless, not from exertion but from the sudden inspiration of power, he let go of the sill and allowed the monster to writhe through his body like an unbroken beast of range or prairie.

Had the Force ever been so strong in anyone?

--Darth Plagueis

quote:
The feeling had begun as a faint stirring in the Force, like the tiniest ripple of something moving slowly through deep water, far away but drawing steadily closer. It intensified, until it felt like the Force itself was roiling, heaving like the sea in the grip of an enormous storm.

“I sense a presence,” Maul warned Savage. “A presence I haven’t felt since...”

And then Maul knew.

“Master,” he said, leaning forward on the throne.

The commandos guarding the royal chamber reached for their throats. As Maul watched, an unseen forced lifted them high in the air, then slammed them to the floor, where they lay motionless in their red-and-black armor. The doors opened, then closed behind a figure in dark robes. A deep cowl hid most of the face, leaving only a pale chin and a downturned mouth visible. To most eyes the man in those simple robes of rough cloth was unremarkable, just another being making his way in the universe. But to those who could feel the Force he was anything but ordinary. To them, he was a dark sun blazing with power that was simultaneously hypnotizing and terrifying to behold.

Darth Sidious, the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith, had come to Mandalore.

--Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy

quote:
And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness.

A black hole of the Force.

--Revenge of the Sith novelization

quote:
Depowered lampdisks were rings of ghostly gray floating in the gloom. The shimmering jewelscape of Coruscant haloed the knife-edged shadow of the chair.

This was the office of the Chancellor.

Within the chair's shadow sat another shadow: deeper, darker, formless and impenetrable, an abyssal umbra so profound that it drained light from the room around it.

And from the city. And the planet.

And the galaxy.

--Revenge of the Sith

quote:
When those blades met, it was more than Yoda against Palpatine, more the millennia of Sith against the legions of Jedi; this was the expression of the fundamental conflict of the universe itself.

Light against dark.

Winner take all.

--Revenge of the Sith

quote:
The key to Luke's turning is the moment when he and Leia realize the Emperor is no longer defined by his physical form, but has become a chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space, tearing apart everything in the vicinity, human and machine.

--Dark Empire endnotes

quote:
The 10 years that followed were tumultuous, but nothing rivaled Hethir's shock when summoned to the planet Byss to face a miraculously reborn Emperor Palpatine. Hethir re-pledged his loyalty immediately, coming to understand Palpatine not as a man but as a vessel for the darkness of the universe, an avatar of the dark side itself.

--Aliens in the Empire, Part II

Old Post May 18th, 2017 05:16 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

But is he the Void of Annihilation?

Old Post May 18th, 2017 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Az, do you know of any of these quotes that were reprinted AFTER Vitiate's introduction to the continuity?

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 05:56 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Any of the ones from Plagueis.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 06:07 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Huh, I could have sworn Plagueis was released earlier than 2012...that's interesting..

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Az, do you know of any of these quotes that were reprinted AFTER Vitiate's introduction to the continuity?

I do. You can check the dates yourself, though, and I have more in my Super Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Huh, I could have sworn Plagueis was released earlier than 2012...that's interesting..

Even if it wasn't, Vitiate is mentioned in the book, so the dating is something of a moot point.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 07:57 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Even if it wasn't, Vitiate is mentioned in the book, so the dating is something of a moot point.

I know, I just thought it had been released earlier is all.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Ya'll get so heated over the Sheev/Valk debate laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Azronger
I do. You can check the dates yourself, though, and I have more in my Super Respect Thread

Eh. Not going to put that much effort into it. Was just going to convince somebody who doesn't believe quotes like that were valid after Vitiate was introduced.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 09:59 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

>googling takes too much effort

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:00 PM