KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Azog the Defiler vs. Gregor Clegane the Mountain

Azog the Defiler vs. Gregor Clegane the Mountain
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Oberyn would have killed Azog!!

Lol what makes you think Azog is stronger?
Speculation. Gregor is a known failure. He lost that jousting battle against a skilled opponent. Didn't show any edge on his brother before man pouting his way off the grounds.

Azog in battle looked far stronger. Look at the weapons he used, the distance he sent foes back with his mace, etc.

Mountain was Westeros strong not Middle Earth strong.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 01:17 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

GoT fighters are far too slow. Azog wins this.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 01:24 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by FrothByte
GoT fighters are far too slow. Azog wins this.
What is worse is that the Mountain is even slow compared to his peers while Lotr has guys who can run up falling bricks.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 01:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Azog stomps him lol

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 02:16 AM
nfactor1995 is currently offline Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorne
Restricted

Account Restricted

azog loses

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 02:34 AM
Thorne is currently offline Click here to Send Thorne a Private Message Find more posts by Thorne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Thorne
azog loses
Hey, it's the fake divorced guy. Azog beats the shit out of him, dope.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 02:48 AM
Rebel95

Azog takes this. The Mountain is too slow

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:01 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorne
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Hey, it's the fake divorced guy. Azog beats the shit out of him, dope.

out of context insult

explain it to the good folks, squanchy

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:19 AM
Thorne is currently offline Click here to Send Thorne a Private Message Find more posts by Thorne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

out of context insult

You're too late to the party. You're a virus who abandons every single message board you've ever been a part of stumbling onto my native shores.

Azog wins. Admit it or be banished.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:28 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

You're too late to the party. You're a virus who abandons every single message board you've ever been a part of stumbling onto my native shores.

Azog wins. Admit it or be banished.

Eeeeeasy there big dude. Easy aye? There's no point getting worked up that fast... Take it cooly and slowly build up to the good trashtalking when it's warranted. smile

out of context insult

I dunno about any pre-existing animosity here, but just to answer... It's because Azog does have some superior feats and showings. The best things Gregor ever did was #1: Slashing a horses head halfway off with a greatsword, and #2: Crushing Oberyn's skull with his bare hands. Azog was fighting evenly with Elves and Dwarves of Tolkienverse, who are all marketedly beyond ordinary human lorewise. Not to mention he managed to challenge 3 other armies of beings whom all hate Orcs, and was fighting with them on relatively even terms, even managing to outflank them thanks to the use of those worms.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Sep 19th, 2017 at 03:38 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:34 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Eeeeeasy there big dude. Easy aye? There's no point getting worked up that fast... Take it cooly and slowly build up to the good trashtalking when it's warranted. smile

I dunno about any pre-existing animosity here, but just to answer... It's because Azog does have some superior feats and showings. The best things Gregor ever did was #1: Slashing a horses head halfway off with a greatsword, and #2: Crushing Oberyn's skull with his bare hands. Azog was fighting evenly with Elves and Dwarves of Tolkienverse, who are all marketedly beyond ordinary human lorewise. Not to mention he managed to challenge 3 other armies of being whom all hate Orcs, and was fighting with them on relatively even terms, even managing to outflank them thanks to the use of those worms.
He and I go back years from another site. He pretended he was married for years. Really weird guy and I'll always berate him. Always.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 03:36 AM
Raptor22

Originally posted by Robtard
I was thinking this was Gregor pre-zombification, as that guy is technically no longer Ser Gregor Clegane, but Ser Robert Strong.

That would change things up if that's the case, but I doubt quan meant zombie-Gregor.
I know this post is from a few months ago, but I think him being Robert strong is only in the books. I can't recall him being called that in the show, and when cersi is torturing that septa, she brought the mountain in and said-

"This is ser Gregor clegane, he's quiet too"

And at that point he was already zombified.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 02:11 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Movie Azog was probably the most powerful orc of all time - at least when we consider the Third Age - so, yeah.

Add Sauron's mace to that...

Living Gregor's greatest showing was against Oberyn -- and that should still be counted as a draw, as without Qyburn he would be dead-dead.

Poison though. Without that, he'd probably have live through being speared in the gut and chest, which is a pretty respectable durability feat.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2017 02:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The Mountain loses. If we are talking about the one Oberyn fought.

However if we are talking about the Zombified Juggernut version of the Mountain the Azog gets his ass kicked.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 07:34 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Raptor22
I know this post is from a few months ago, but I think him being Robert strong is only in the books. I can't recall him being called that in the show, and when cersi is torturing that septa, she brought the mountain in and said-

"This is ser Gregor clegane, he's quiet too"

And at that point he was already zombified.

However if we are talking about the Zombified Juggernut version of the Mountain the Azog gets his ass kicked.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 07:34 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The zombified version has done what to think he even has an assholes chance to last more than thirty seconds against Azog.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:17 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The zombified version has done what to think he even has an assholes chance to last more than thirty seconds against Azog.

What makes you think Azog the cripple has a chance against Ser Gregor of the Kingsguard!?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:50 PM
quanchi112
Disney

What makes you think Azog the cripple has a chance against Ser Gregor of the Kingsguard!?
Their showings. Azog would crush him. If anything agre for looks slower and even more hesitant to react.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:53 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Their showings. Azog would crush him. If anything agre for looks slower and even more hesitant to react.

Lol! The moment Ser Gregor (I use ser to refer to the zombified gregor) manages to get close Azog dies!

Azog doesnt have a chance against the new Gregor.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:12 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Lol! The moment Ser Gregor (I use ser to refer to the zombified gregor) manages to get close Azog dies!

Azog doesnt have a chance against the new Gregor.
Based off what ? He hasn't done anything special. He's looked awful and slow in combat. Azog would decimate this loser.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:14 PM