KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » DeAgostini, Publisher of Fact Files and Official Starships Collection, Responds

DeAgostini, Publisher of Fact Files and Official Starships Collection, Responds
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
To be clear, KOTOR was released during the course of the series, so by Ant's estimation, it should still apply.

smile

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
My question:

"Just to clarify, the original Fact Files quote regarding the most powerful Jedi only applied to the old Star Wars continuity during the time-span of the publication (i.e. 2002 to 2005)?"

"As you mentioned, the re-release only applies to characters who predated the series, so I imagine the original version also has the same policy."

Their response:

"That is correct when considering the "Legends" canon."

---

I imagine the confusion is coming from "official information," but given the context, that's referring to new stories and characters, not retconning quotes.
Ah; didn't even notice that.

Mace > KotOR Revan (at the very least). The quote itself is
quote:
Alongside Mace Windu, with whom he served on the Jedi Council, Yoda was the most respected and most powerful Master ever to have walked the corridors of the Jedi Temple.

But it's not explicitly Force strength. It could just as well be their combative prowess.

Goddamn; it's like they succeeded in answering the question, but you failed to ascertain whether or not they believe it should apply to Mace and Revan.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

-

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 01:58 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 01:47 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Hm? I ask if it applies only to characters who predated the series, and they confirm.

Hint: Revan did not predate the series. Thus, he's not included.

The "time-span of the publication" is referring to all quotes in general, not a specific instance, so no.

It's not in regards to the specific Windu vs Revan case, so this doesn't mean the Windu quote applies since it's before Revan.

I would say you guys are reaching to levels that make your argument illegitimate from the start, but I think you realize that.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 02:07 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Nah, what you're doing is just as bad, if not worse. For the second time you've tried to weasel this fellow into pressing your agenda, and for the second time he's dodged, albeit in an agreeable way. Probably because he has no more clarity regarding the official rules than us, but I digress.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 02:35 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
My question:

"Just to clarify, the original Fact Files quote regarding the most powerful Jedi only applied to the old Star Wars continuity during the time-span of the publication (i.e. 2002 to 2005)?"

"As you mentioned, the re-release only applies to characters who predated the series, so I imagine the original version also has the same policy."

Their response:

"That is correct when considering the "Legends" canon."

---

Are ya'll ****ing serious? They directly confirm above that the quotes in Fact Files only applies up to characters around as of the time of the publication.
k, so here's how the "during the time-span of the publication" part makes sense to DarthAnt66: each issue of Fact Files only applies to preexisting sources/characters.

Beniboybling interprets it as asserting "Revan was around during the time of the Fact Files' publication, so the 'most powerful Jedi' quote applies to him."

I honestly don't give a damn about which Jedi is stronger, btw.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan wasn't around for the publication of the quote, as you pointed out earlier.

Beni, as always, is wrong, and is reaching beyond usual levels here.

He knows he's wrong too.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 04:04 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Some members assume that older revelations hold precedence over newer material until specified otherwise, that retcons are supposed to be explicit. They simply fail to understand that newer material can create room for debate and set the stage of re-evaluation of older material at official capacity. This is why we get revised or new reference books. However, such books are not coming for (Legends) content now.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 3rd, 2017 at 05:14 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 05:10 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

So every time a new character showed up in the past LucasArts should've just dropped everything they were doing and make a new sourcebook just to re-establish those accolades? Seems legit.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 10:42 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Geistalt
k, so here's how the "during the time-span of the publication" part makes sense to DarthAnt66: each issue of Fact Files only applies to preexisting sources/characters.

Beniboybling interprets it as asserting "Revan was around during the time of the Fact Files' publication, so the 'most powerful Jedi' quote applies to him."

I honestly don't give a damn about which Jedi is stronger, btw.
I wonder how the publisher interpreted it, guess we'll never know.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2017 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

actually no, ant's right, he asks about characters that "predate" the fact file series. So revan being created during the fact file doesn't change he's included in the quote. Mace does still get scaling from yaddle though

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 06:09 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

bump.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 06:56 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Obviously I'm not going to comment too much on this given my ongoing debate with Ant.

But Ant has gotten a lot better at hiding his leading questions. smile

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 07:01 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

So the author confirmed you need to take in account the context of books when debating. This is a simple common sense thing most people around here seem to not know based on ignorance or stupidity.

But Sheevites are like: Lmao, no. It doesn't matter if there are quotes about Revan as the strongest Jedi because in-universe Mace and his accolades existed after Revan.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 08:25 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

The only even slightly interesting part of this is Ant’s chosen fake name being ‘Gabe’

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

DarthGabe77 isn't as fashionable as DarthAnt66.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2018 03:22 PM