KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PS5 is set for 2020

PS5 is set for 2020
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

You have games listed on your list like CoD: IW, The Division, and Far Cry Primal. The fact that games came out this year doesn't matter if they were shit games. Last gen was better by a mile

PWNT

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 02:58 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But they aren't shit.

Do you know what shit games are? Those three are far from it. They might be paint by numbers but they are not crappy. There is a lot of skill within those games and if they were released 10 years ago, they would be put into the same "do you remember when" category.

I'm not arguing that this generation has better games. I'm just mentioning that the idea that this generation has nothing is ludicrous.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 04:41 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

The Last Of Us 2 is coming out on the current gen, which means this gen is the best.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 07:02 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
But they aren't shit.

The Division is for some people.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 07:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Rdr2 will render your complaints invalid.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 07:49 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
The Division is for some people.

So?

Most complaints are about the end game content. One of the reasons why the end game content is much aligned with fans is because they enjoyed Level 1-30.

It's far from being shit. I think people in general of over-exgerrating what "shit" games mean. You might not like the game but that's doesn't equal shit.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 12:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

So?

Most complaints are about the end game content. One of the reasons why the end game content is much aligned with fans is because they enjoyed Level 1-30.

It's far from being shit. I think people in general of over-exgerrating what "shit" games mean. You might not like the game but that's doesn't equal shit.

So?

personally i wouldn't touch it unless i had a ten foot pole, Just not into MMo's

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 12:54 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So basically, because you do not like MMO's (which The Division isn't), it's shit?

I don't like JRPG's but I won't say FF15 is crappy because a. never played it b. not my thing.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 02:29 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Arachnid1
You have games listed on your list like CoD: IW, The Division, and Far Cry Primal. The fact that games came out this year doesn't matter if they were shit games. Last gen was better by a mile

lol

Current gen is pretty good man.

People really underestimating for how long last gen's been around.

why don't we compare last gen when it had the lifespan of the current one instead of riding the hype of over a decade's worth of games?

Make it fair people.

I honestly see a lot of similarities between the two.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Mar 6th, 2017 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 05:58 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think the problem is the lack of original IP's. It's creating this preconceived notion that there is lack of quality titles for this generation.

But in fact, it's just more sequels from franchises created from the previous console race. This situation of sequels from major franchises has been created by publishers/devs and gamers.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 06:17 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Agreed about new IPs.

Speaking of new IPs I can't wait to get my hands on horizon Zero Dawn.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 06:23 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Originally posted by Zack Fair
why don't we compare last gen when it had the lifespan of the current one instead of riding the hype of over a decade's worth of games?

Even going by that, last gen had more, imo.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 06:32 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

But they aren't shit.

Do you know what shit games are? Those three are far from it. They might be paint by numbers but they are not crappy. There is a lot of skill within those games and if they were released 10 years ago, they would be put into the same "do you remember when" category.

I'm not arguing that this generation has better games. I'm just mentioning that the idea that this generation has nothing is ludicrous.
This is a new gen with more capabilities. The fact that you have to say "If this released with the launch of last gen it would be well remembered" just shows that it's a subpar game for this gen. The shittiest car today would be hailed as an engineering masterpiece 50 years ago. That doesn't make it good today.

And when people say this gen has "nothing", it's not to be taken literal. It means the truly amazing choices we do have are sparse considering the fact that we're already halfway through this gens console life.

Despite that, I can at least agree with Zack below. It would be better to compare this gen to last gen once it's console life is up since it will likely peak towards the end like last gen did (though last gen was doing better by this point too). I can give the benefit of the doubt, for now. Especially with the releases of Nioh, Horizon, and Mass Effect all so close. That's shows some promise.

lol

Current gen is pretty good man.

People really underestimating for how long last gen's been around.

Make it fair people.

I honestly see a lot of similarities between the two.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Mar 6th, 2017 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 06:35 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Knight of Ren

The problem with this gen is there haven’t been many truly great gaming experiences. There have been quite a few “good” games, but very few games that I would consider to be “great”. Looking at Smasandian’s list I am left completely unimpressed and underwhelmed. I find most of those he listed to be mediocre.

So far, this gen has been mainly filled with sequels and rehashes. Boring! It seems we are beginning to see promise with Horizon and BotW but at this point we are already over halfway through this generation’s lifetime. By a similar time last gen, we had Uncharted 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Bioshock, Assassin’s Creed 2, Red Dead Redemption, etc… These are games that are hailed as classics and often cited as some of the greatest games of all time. So far this gen we’ve had, what, Witcher 3 and the recently released BotW?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 07:27 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Agreed about new IPs.

Speaking of new IPs I can't wait to get my hands on horizon Zero Dawn.

To tell you the truth....

It looks fantastic, controls really, the story is interesting and the area surrounding the game is neat. I have been doing a bunch of side activities and really have touched the main story.

However, the game isn't anything really new. It plays similarly to Far Cry Primal and has the setting of Enslaved.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 08:07 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not arguing this generation has better games, or even games on par with last gen.

I'm just saying that the idea that this generation has "nothing" is complete bullshit. You might not like some of the games that have been released but a lot of people do.

Some great games released in the last three years.

MGSV
Witcher 3
Zelda: Breath of Wild
Super Mario Maker
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Overwatch
Uncharted 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Titanfall 2
Bloodborne

Not including games like:

Gears 4
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Last Guardian
Watch Dogs 2
Shadow of Mordor
Destiny
Dying Light
Forza 5,6 and Horizons 2, 3
Fallout 4
Dishonored 2
Dragon Age 3
South Park: Stick of Truth
Alien: Isolation

And a ton of other games.

And in reality, it's only been three years. The systems were released at the end of the 2013. I roughly looked back and a lot of those "great" games were released in 2009, which is roughly around the game this generation is in.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 08:21 PM
ares834
Knight of Ren

Personally, I’d disagree with most of those games being great. Most of them are certainly not on par with the games I’ve listed. But we will see. The gen may turn things around in the next few years.

Another problem I’ve had with this gen is it really hasn’t advanced gaming much. Last gen completely revolutionized online gaming but this gen basically only has improved graphics. And even then, the graphical difference between a PS3 and PS4 isn’t as noticeably vast as that between PS2 and PS3.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 08:32 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

There's not really all that much that can be significantly improved or revolutionized now. Best to hope for is just more better games. Otherwise I agree.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 08:43 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Knight of Ren

Sure there is. I expect next gen will double down on VR for example.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 08:46 PM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Not sure how much or how long VR will stick around for the long run, but at the very least I hope it's not just another thing that comes and goes once the novelty wears off like with motion controls.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 08:55 PM