KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » A pic that a friend did for me

A pic that a friend did for me
Started by: Jake2TheJakenin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
What? That i can draw better than an eight year-old? Sure.

Well, that's not bad - not bad at all. In fact, I'd say that's much better than an 8-year old: it might even be as good as Alex Ross at age 12!

eek!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 08:53 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Asstner's thanus looks as if he's taking some huge dump in that pic, lol.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 09:29 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

He can beat the marvel universe but not constipation

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 11:04 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 11:12 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

Congratulations Astner. You just proved your awesomeness by pointing out the deficiencies of someone else's art and rubbing their noses in it.

What a delightful party guest you must be. You probably chew a few mouthfuls of the host's food before letting it dribble out of your mouth onto the carpet, pull a 'who-just-crapped-their-pants? - face, and loudly announce to the crowded room: "I can do SO much better. This idiot doesn't know how to nuance spices or herbs, and has no palate whatsoever."

Good job, hero.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 11:04 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

By the way, I think your Thanos drawing looks copied

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 11:05 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Asstner's thanus looks as if he's taking some huge dump in that pic, lol.

I wanted to emphasis a dynamic pose as well as perspective.

Originally posted by wuleecat
Congratulations Astner. You just proved your awesomeness by pointing out the deficiencies of someone else's art and rubbing their noses in it.

If Dreampanther wouldn't have "challenged" me I wouldn't have spent 4 hours drawing the damn thing.

By the way, I think your Thanos drawing looks copied

I used one of Jim Starlin's images for reference, because I didn't know all the details on Thanos.

But as you can see the angle and pose is different from the one I drew.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 03:31 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I wanted to emphasis a dynamic pose as well as perspective.

If Dreampanther wouldn't have "challenged" me I wouldn't have spent 4 hours drawing the damn thing.

I used one of Jim Starlin's images for reference, because I didn't know all the details on Thanos.

But as you can see the angle and pose is different from the one I drew.

Quite a progression: From randomly sneering at and attacking someone else's original art, to attempted blameshifting, to blatantly copying somebody else's art, changing a few details and passing it off as your own.

Like Wuleecat said, you must be absolutely delightful to know.

Just to make a few points clear: I only responded to you after you decided to take it upon yourself to tear apart the effort of somebody else to create and share something original.

By the way, this is how you give feedback:

(please log in to view the image)

So don't try to blame me, or try to confuse the issue, when you get called out for the way you treat other members on this forum.

Second, that is clearly a rip-off. Spending four hours creating an incomplete sketch ripping off Jim Starlin's work, and then trying to pass it off as your own, is not something I would be bragging about. If you didn't think you were doing something wrong, you would have stated right from the beginning that was somebody else's original sketch which you were "using for reference", instead of just adding your name to it and posting it here.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 07:42 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Dreampanther
to attempted blameshifting, to blatantly copying somebody else's art, changing a few details and passing it off as your own.

Are you retarded? When you draw something specific you need a motif. That's why you have models.

That said, the picture I drew is significantly different from the one I used for reference.

Starlin's view is from above the horizon, mine is from beneath. The horizontal angle is shifted. The pose is different, the perspective is different and the proportions are different.

By the way, this is how you give feedback:

And that's why the artist who drew the comic can't draw for shit. In order to improve all you need to know is what you did wrong.

This applies to all creative work, if you code and then your program doesn't run properly then you want someone to tell you what's wrong with it. What you don't want is some idiot wasting your time by patting you on the head for writing a thousand lines of code.

So don't try to blame me, or try to confuse the issue, when you get called out for the way you treat other members on this forum.

If you can't take constructive criticism then perhaps you should go back to kindergarten and pay closer attention when your teacher brings up the saying about the sticks and stones.

Second, that is clearly a rip-off.

No it's not you dolt.

You see how the farther away you get from the face—where both images are pinned—nothing aligns?

If you didn't think you were doing something wrong, you would have stated right from the beginning that was somebody else's original sketch which you were "using for reference", instead of just adding your name to it and posting it here.

First and foremost, that's not a sketch, it's an ink drawing.

Secondly if you don't draw something directly from your imagination, you need a motif. Or would you argue that the Mona Lisa is shit because da Vinci used a model?

Last edited by Astner on Mar 15th, 2017 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 03:32 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Double post.

Last edited by Astner on Mar 15th, 2017 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 03:33 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

That said, the picture I drew is significantly different from the one I used for reference.

Gotcha. Thanks for at least being honest and not trying to deny it was someone else's work you were trying to pass off as your own, changing only a few minor details.

Not only were you blatantly copying Starlin's art and trying to take credit for it, you even admitted you are unable to come up with something original.

At least wuleecat called you out on it, otherwise you would probably still be going around the forums trying to pass off Jim Starlin's sketches as your ideas.

Last edited by Dreampanther on Mar 15th, 2017 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 10:00 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Gotcha. Thanks for at least being honest and not trying to deny it was someone else's work you were trying to pass off as your own, changing only a few minor details.

Are you retarded? That's the direct opposite of what I said.

No seriously, look at the pictures, they're nothing alike. It's completely different perspectives.

One is from below and the other from above, and that's not counting for the horizontal angle, the lighting the perspective and proportions.

Not only were you blatantly copying Starlin's art and trying to take credit for it, you even admitted you are unable to come up with something original.

At least wuleecat called you out on it, otherwise you would probably still be going around the forums trying to pass off Jim Starlin's sketches as your ideas.

It is my work you dolt. Using a motif doesn't discredit me as the artist.

In fact you need motif to draw something specific. You mentioned Alex Ross earlier, he always draws from reference pictures.

I probably shouldn't be talking you too seriously because you're clearly an idiot who hasn't drawn anything since grade school.

Last edited by Astner on Mar 16th, 2017 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 05:29 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

So defensive. Did I touch a nerve? Don't like being called out when you present work as your own without giving credit to the original artist?

Hmm, I can see why you resort to insults - must have been a bit humiliating when you posted your sketch after four hours of work and one of the first comments was that it looked copied.

Must be difficult, being unable to come up with anything original.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 12:20 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

So defensive. Did I touch a nerve? Don't like being called out when you present work as your own without giving credit to the original artist?

You're being an idiot, and the fact that you ignore all my arguments proves that you don't have a leg to stand on here.

Hmm, I can see why you resort to insults - must have been a bit humiliating when you posted your sketch after four hours of work and one of the first comments was that it looked copied.

No, I insult you because I want you to come at me with all you got. And apparently it's nothing but empty bluster.

If I had a problem with the fact that I used a motif and I was trying to hide it then I wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

Must be difficult, being unable to come up with anything original.

I was not trying to come up with anything original. I was trying to draw Thanos—for a fair comparison between comic characters—and in case you hadn't noticed Thanos is not only heavily detailed but also stylized—meaning that he doesn't follow human proportions. It's not something you can draw from your head unless you've been drawing him for years.

But if you're going to discredit my work for using a motif then you also have to discredit Alex Ross' work because he also uses motifs.

The only thing you manage to prove is that you don't know the first thing about art. Chances are that you're jealous because I can draw and you can't.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 04:58 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

"If I had a problem with the fact that I used a motif and I was trying to hide it then I wouldn't have posted it in the first place."

Except, of course, that you did hide the fact that it was Jim Starlin's Thanos - until you got called out on it. Why wouldn't you give credit to the original artist unless you hoped nobody would notice it wasn't your work in the first place?

"I was not trying to come up with anything original."

Yes, we all noticed that. At least now that you have been called on it you admit it. Maybe some day you will actually start giving credit to the original artist's work before it is pointed out.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 08:47 AM
wuleecat

Hmmmm...

Attachment: copycat.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 09:55 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Except, of course, that you did hide the fact that it was Jim Starlin's Thanos

It wasn't. I used one of his pictures as a motif, like you have to do when you're drawing something specific—especially when you're drawing a stylized character.

until you got called out on it.

No. I decided to explain how I drew it. Because like you, wuleecat clearly doesn't know how to draw.

Why wouldn't you give credit to the original artist

Because it's not plagiarized you dumb piece of shit.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 02:15 PM
wuleecat

Hey, how do you know I don't know how to draw?

I'll prove it to you. Just give me 4 hours, some tracing paper and the chance to scan through my collection of Bryan Hitch spreads. I'll use the 'Hitch motif' method to come up with something that looks 99.99% identical to Hitch's original, but I'll alter the angle of the elbow by 2 degrees and maybe raise an eyebrow by a fraction.

Then I'll post my work, bigging myself up about how stonkingly awesome I am, and how retarded everyone else is compared to me.

Hey presto! I'm an artist!

Fun, isn't it?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 01:57 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Just popped in to get some salt. Leaving now.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:26 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Hey, how do you know I don't know how to draw?

I'll prove it to you. Just give me 4 hours, some tracing paper and the chance to scan through my collection of Bryan Hitch spreads. I'll use the 'Hitch motif' method to come up with something that looks 99.99% identical to Hitch's original, but I'll alter the angle of the elbow by 2 degrees and maybe raise an eyebrow by a fraction.

Then I'll post my work, bigging myself up about how stonkingly awesome I am, and how retarded everyone else is compared to me.

Hey presto! I'm an artist!

Fun, isn't it?

You know, this is a great idea. I'm going to take a short story by Neil Gaiman, change the names of the characters, the setting and time it takes place, add a few sentences of my own and then put my name on it and post it on forums to prove to people what a great writer I am.

If I get called out on it, I'll just tell people they don't understand how the creative writing process works and that all I did was use Neil Gaiman as a "motif".

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:40 AM