KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Current Balance of the Force

The Current Balance of the Force
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The Current Balance of the Force

Setting the Scene:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
As a historian of the olden days of great debating: generally speaking, yes. When the forum first started, the general quality was ****ing awful, with but a couple shining lights. Then users like Lightsnake, Gideon, Janus, Faunus, Nai, Lord Lucien, HeWhoKnowsAll, Neph, SIDIOUS66, LeG, (LeG I value because he works hard and sparks responses/discussion, and Neph is extremely underrated these days, I remember when I first got on kmc I thought he nearly rivaled Temp, and there was viable evidence for that,) etc. joined and made for some intellectually juicy arguments, with some great snarky wit in the process. Since they've gotten older and more lethargic, users like myself, Ant, NewGuy, and DMB tried to carry the torch along with the other new blood. Suffice it to say, we now follow their lead as far as lethargy is concerned in Star Wars content, though Ant and especially DMB remain incredibly hard-working, and you are also a nice addition to the forum. The SWTOR forums members were also solid additions, though AP and Beni are the only ones who still churn out quality posts. Nova is sort of stuck in the rut I was where it almost seems like he says the same things every single day, (bless his persistence, a trait I never had with Star Wars). DC is essentially the black version of me, and for that I love him. smile

That said, Carthage I love you too, but you legitimately destroyed KMC. I need to make a thread about this for those who don't know, Don't I? smile

So, how did Carthage destroy KMC, or at least play a significant role in its destruction? Well...

So when I first joined kmc, about a week in I got a PM from a user named ROTJ_Vader, a former close friend of user Intrepid37, (who was one of the best debaters I'd ever seen, just a bit unfocused, trollish, and...odd). He asked me to join the forum that he had created a few months back, named Star Wars Forums. This is where DMB, Ant, and NewGuy first resided prior to joining KMC, (though NewGuy was a member of kmc before I was). It was here that I debated with them, along with the usual, debate-heavy shenanigans on KMC. Keep in mind Star Wars Forums had a chat box, where members could join and interact with other members ala texting, and this is where we began spending most of our time. All was well.

And then Winebottle came.

Winebottle was an interesting individual. Aggressive, very trollish, and wanked Exar Kun to an extreme extent, (naming Kun the 2nd most powerful Sith Lord ever, above Plagueis and capable of "oneshotting" Vitiate). Intrepid didn't really like this at first, as many of you know he was PT-oriented, a Sheevite as you'd say these days. However, they had one thing in common, along with ROTJ_Vader: they were trollish. It started with DMB. Winebottle didnt rate Bane very highly at all, (neither did I, but I wasn't overly aggressive about it,) and DMB is a lover of all things Bane, and has an obsessive personality to boot, meaning he spent most of his waking hours on the forum finding ways to wank and argue for Bane, (he's since evolved into one of the best debaters I've ever seen, and he's easily one of the top 3 as of right now, whether it be KMC or CV). So whenever DMB and Winebottle were in the chat box, DMB would bring up Bane, and Winebottle would subsequently bash DMB constantly, insult him, tell him Bane sucks, etc. Since the admins (Intrepid and ROTJ_Vader) didn't mind the trolling, it went unpunished, and DMB wouldn't appear in the chat box whenever Winebottle was on.

Intrepid then introduced Winebottle to kmc. At the time, it was filled with dedicated and intelligent debaters, and at some point in early 2014 or late 2013 DMB made an account and started pushing his Bane agenda. On SWF, Intrepid and Winebottle would try to think of ways to troll DMB on kmc and spread the hatred of Bane. So Winebottle made an account on kmc, dubbed, "Carthage," and started spamming DMB with anti Bane hate and insults. DMB, being an obsessive personality, (not saying this is a bad thing, mind you,) and a Bane wanker, would respond to Carthage, which simply added fuel to the flame. The angrier DMB got, the more Carthage would constantly make Bane hate threads.

Unfortunately, Carthage's trollish nature seeped into the minds of many of the new members, including myself, NewGuy, and Ant, who found the spectacle funny, and this created a wave of trolling mentality across the entire forum. Neph got exhausted over time being constantly trolled, belittled, and insulted, as did LeG, (though I appreciated their persistence to try to calm/atop the trolling,) and Gideon, you didn't exactly help with that. You'd call Neph your friend and then throw him under an infinity of buses in the only setting where you two would ever interact. Hell, you'd also poke at DMB and completely lampshade and belittle Bane in literally every interaction you experienced with him. Don't get me wrong, I love you Gideon, (you foolishly thought I'd be your heir, probably the one mistake I've seen you make in your judgment,) but you are partly responsible for the current state of the forum, (as I recall AP noting as well). Anyways...

A lot of the older, level headed debaters began shitposting or disappearing due to Carthage's trolling turning the forum into a mess. And KMC isn't like CV where it can just bank on new members constantly joining the community. Some new members have come, but they're either, (no offense) too unintelligent, too trollish, too lazy, or too shy to continue providing new, quality arguments and intellectual growth. A lot of personal stuff between me/NewGuy/DMB/Ant also contributed to the current state of the forum, but that's another story for another time. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 07:51 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

did not read raver

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 07:57 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Which proves the point I made in the OP.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 07:58 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Re: The Current Balance of the Force

Some new members have come, but they're either, (no offense) too unintelligent, too trollish, too lazy, or too shy to continue providing new, quality arguments and intellectual growth.

Thx 4 thinking 'bout me <3

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 08:08 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Good read. I enjoy the forces of chaos that currently dominate this board. So long as they continue to serve Sheev. smile

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 08:09 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The whole "brigades" thing also served to tear the forum apart, to be fair. Another issue caused by Temp. wink

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 08:12 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 08:15 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Beni, what are your honest thoughts on the current state of KMC? smile

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 08:16 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

A shitfest that we all waste our times on. smile

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 08:18 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Re: Re: The Current Balance of the Force

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Thx 4 thinking 'bout me <3

Except you're one of the new members that actually contributes to debate, (though you've caught the troll bug like all of us have as well). smile

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 08:24 AM
cs_zoltan

No, what destroyed debating is that nobody wants to budge (this is a big reason for the brigades). So what's the point?

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 09:56 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Well, that was nurtured from the events I described in the OP:

Extreme trolling + insulting of others beliefs = hostile environment where everyone holds to their beliefs regardless of argument.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:05 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Beni, what are your honest thoughts on the current state of KMC? smile
I'm sympathetic to the classic Sith belief that through the perpetuation of conflict and chaos we will grow exponentially stronger, more powerful. So in that respect, the environment of KMC is good. smile

However people are lazy and/or unwilling to debate, it would be nice to see a return actually extensively reasoning your point rather than one post answers, plus CaVs that actually start and finish. smh.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:08 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

See, I personally believe it's up to the new age of debaters to carry on the good name of Star Wars debating, but the issue is that they're being raised in an extremely trolling, lazy environment, (which is what ended up ****ing over people like me and NewGuy), which will ultimately perpetuate what's going on right now.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:10 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yeah, I think in general its just symptomatic of the slow heat death of KMC. smile

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:11 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Man, it's still funny to think that I'm the reason you and zoltan are on kmc. smile

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:13 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Ah yiz, the Tale of the Nomi Sunrider Respect Thread....

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:19 AM
cs_zoltan

I came here to shit on AP's Kun wanking back in 2015 smile

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:20 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

That's one of the greatest threads in terms of making kmc the way it is today.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:20 AM
cs_zoltan

Old Post Mar 7th, 2017 10:22 AM