KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Exar Kun vs Novel Viitate

Exar Kun vs Novel Viitate
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 12 13 [14]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

The point is that ships are blatantly not what the quote was referring to by "Did it [the mask] provide him with powers far greater than Exar Kun ...?"

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You realise it'd be redundant for the full quote to say he has devastating Force power and then go on to speculate where he got his Force powers from. It also doesn't even really make sense. Nor does it make any more sense when you take into account that Malak clearly states that he's uber powerful on the station because he can drain Jedi. This is his big reveal when he claims Revan never understand the full power of the Star Forge.

Is essential immortality a far greater power than Nadd or Kun ever had? Pretty much. One of Kun's biggest weak points was all the shit he needed to pull to become a disembodied essence.

Is the giga drain he clearly learned from the SF something Kun never depicted? Pretty much. Kun never went down that path. It's stated in the Databanks that Kun's focus was unleashing raw unbridled power through esoteric means. Something he clearly obsessed with.

The quote referring to multiple powers is a perfectly valid claim to make because Malak does know techniques via the Forge that are extremely potent. Welcome to the premise of both KotOR games and the Campaign Guide ranting on about them. Which is funny given how the KotOR CG and this supplement are directly intertwined.

Funny what a little thought process can achieve.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:26 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
You realise it'd be redundant for the full quote to say he has devastating Force power and then go on to speculate where he got his Force powers from.

That's where you're wrong.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

It's not redundant to say he's devastatingly strong in the Force and specify just about how strong he is relative to others (that is, other Sith), either.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:35 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Nah.

quote:
"An imposing figure with ghostly pale features, prominent Sith tattoos, a gleaming red lightsaber, and devastating Dark Side power, Malak struck terror into the hearts of his former allies. He also wore a vocal mask that may have concealed a form of cybernetic life-support. Did it provide him with powers far greater than even Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd, or was cybernetic enhancement too simple an explanation?"

―Wizards of the Coast: Darth Malak

So first it goes on about what makes him intimidating, including his dark side power. Then it peculiarly reveals that his mask may have covered up some secret life support system. Something it speculates upon, because he apparently has some impressive longevity. It asks whether these great powers came from the supposed life support it speculates or something more complicated. That obviously being the Forge. What's the great power of the station that Malak says he uncovered?

quote:
You continue to amaze me Revan. If only you had been the one to uncover the true power of the Star Forge you might have become truly invincible. But you were a fool. All you saw was an enormous factory. All you ever imagined was an infinite fleet rolling forth to crush the republic. [..]

The Star Forge is more than just a space station. In some ways, it is like a living creature. It hungers. And it can feed on the dark side that is within all of us! Look around you, Revan. See the bodies? You should recognize them from the Academy. These are Jedi who fell when I attacked Dantooine. For all intents and purposes dead, except for one difference : I have not let them become one with the Force. Instead I have brought them here. The Star Forge corrupts what remains of their power and transfers the dark taint to me! You cannot beat me, Revan. Not here on the Star Forge. Not when I can draw upon the power of all these Jedi! And once you are beaten I will do the same to you. You will be trapped in a terrible existence between life and death, your power feeding me as I conquer the galaxy!

- Darth Malak KOTOR

Which the Databanks concur with:

quote:
"The Sith Lord had grotesquely adapted the Rakatan device to draw energy directly from chained Jedi captives. He replenished his life force from the captives by draining theirs. Malak was nearly unstoppable, but the Republic emerged from that epic conflict victorious, as the Star Forge was eventually destroyed."

―Star Wars Databanks: Darth Malak

And what else does the same source we're all arguing over, ask once more?

quote:
"Malak ignores the [the first effects] of any kind of damage. Whether this is due to hidden armor linked to his voice mask or the physical result of Sith alchemy is anyone's guess."
―Wizards of the Coast: Darth Malak

Once more it asks why he's so physically invulnerable, and if his mask is responsible or not.

It is so clearly referring to the Forge's draining powers, it's not even laughable, just sad.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 03:49 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

The article itself specifies later on that "using a mysterious power source as yet undiscovered (complete Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to learn more), Darth Malak possesses extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion" which the article described as "Enhanced Force powers." It's pretty blatantly referring to the Star Forge, and Malak's "powers far greater than even Exar Kun" inarguably mean his Force abilities, not his military strength.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 06:48 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Completely failing to grasp the meaning of the term 'plural' I see.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 07:00 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

I must say, it's utterly beautiful that Exar Kun scales off of this incarnation of Vitiate. Who enjoys a thousand years of power growth after becoming far more powerful than Darth Nihilus due to Nathema, who is categorically more powerful than Malak ever was.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 11:38 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You remind me of Kun at the end of TOTJ:

(please log in to view the image)

I am curious though: is there anyone besides AP, Ziggy, and Neph who reject Malak supremacy?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 27th, 2018 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Given Malak's supremacy is nothing more than a lack of reading comprehension, as I've shown rather succinctly, then I imagine quite a few now.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 12:17 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I find that incredibly unlikely.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 28th, 2018 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Time will tell.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 12:31 AM
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
I must say, it's utterly beautiful that Exar Kun scales off of this incarnation of Vitiate. Who enjoys a thousand years of power growth after becoming far more powerful than Darth Nihilus due to Nathema, who is categorically more powerful than Malak ever was.

Yeah, sure. Nihilus devouring more planets than Vitiate/Valkorion is, somehow, weaker than him. Cut the crap. And try to understand that Meetra was mind-stating that by comparing pre-Nathema Vitiate with his post-Nathema self.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 28th, 2018 06:43 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

Vitiate wins, good fight.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 03:23 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

No Sith who died before the Emperor is beating him as of his Novel incarnation.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 03:27 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

I think so too.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 03:36 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote