KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Everyone who remembers the original Jurassic Park with such rose-colored glasses needs to go back and watch it again. It's not the symbol of perfection that everyone remembers it to be. There are some goofy things in it, too. (But I will admit that Jeff Goldblum had many great, memorable lines.)

For example everyone has complained about the Jurassic World characters being cardboard cutouts. Well, there were many cardboard cutouts in the original also. And the weird, glaring mistake with the T-Rex walking through the fence one second and then the next second it's a huge cliff so the characters could conveniently escape. That is an extremely bizarre and glaring mistake.

The original is a flawed popcorn flick, followed by deeply flawed abominations trying to recapture the good elements of a flawed movie, and missing the point.

Like Bayformers, and how the first was the only enjoyable one.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 04:27 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

only ever liked the 2nd movie for the Park films the 3rd movie is almost a syfy movie quality

Everyone who remembers the original Jurassic Park with such rose-colored glasses needs to go back and watch it again. It's not the symbol of perfection that everyone remembers it to be. There are some goofy things in it, too. (But I will admit that Jeff Goldblum had many great, memorable lines.)

For example everyone has complained about the Jurassic World characters being cardboard cutouts. Well, there were many cardboard cutouts in the original also. And the weird, glaring mistake with the T-Rex walking through the fence one second and then the next second it's a huge cliff so the characters could conveniently escape. That is an extremely bizarre and glaring mistake.

Maybe that's how they were in the novel too?...then again i haven't it.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 19th, 2018 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 04:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by cdtm
The original is a flawed popcorn flick, followed by deeply flawed abominations trying to recapture the good elements of a flawed movie, and missing the point.

Like Bayformers, and how the first was the only enjoyable one.

I disagree, there are still things to enjoy in the sequels despite the flaws. There are dinosaurs after all.

And Transformers is not worthy of a comparison to Jurassic Park.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 10:26 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not until they start putting some effort into those movies, Bumblebee could be the start of that.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 10:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

There are dinosaurs after all.

That's the thing for me though...

I'm a huge monster/creature fan & the franchise kinda killed that element of awe for me.

Spielberg made dinosaurs main stream.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 11:43 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

"They are giant robots, after all".

Seems like a good comparison to me! thumb up smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 12:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The Jurassic World movies are the only worthy sequels to the first Jurassic Park.

The first 2 Jurassic Park sequels were kinda pointless and just sequels for the sake of it.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 12:48 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wow...not much love for the 2nd Park movie.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 01:03 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

An alternate opening to Jurassic World 2 from Banana-Dragon Productions

only problem with that is the coolant in the can only lasted for 36 hours.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 20th, 2018 at 07:39 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 07:35 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow...not much love for the 2nd Park movie.

Jeff Goldblum was the saving grace. But no apart from that wasnt a fan.

Before the Jurassic World films, the JP sequels were like the T1/T2 sequels for me.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 11:13 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It was a little weird to me that Jeff Goldblum's character seemed a lot different from JP1 to JP2.

The Jurassic films definitely have their flaws, but they're still enjoyable for the dinosaurs, action, and set pieces.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 03:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Jeff Goldblum was the saving grace. But no apart from that wasnt a fan.

Before the Jurassic World films, the JP sequels were like the T1/T2 sequels for me.

Fair enough

i've watched The Lost Worlds heaps of times. The 3rd movie not as much, it has a couple of good action scenes but overall just not as good as the previous movies.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:31 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Looks like this is settling out at about 54% on RT

quote:
Critics Consensus: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom adds another set piece-packed entry to the blockbuster franchise, although genuinely thrilling moments are in increasingly short supply.

But eh, I'm not so interested in what critics think of it, but more what fans of the series think and possibly more casual movie-goers. I'm looking forward to seeing it this Saturday.

I don't plan to hear what he has to say until I see the movie, but here's Chris Stuckmann's review. C- from him. Although I agree with him about some movies, I'm beginning to like him less and less, because he sometimes tries to be extra critical, probably to help himself fit in with other critics...

This guy (who I've never really heard of) really liked it...

And I think she really liked it...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 10:32 PM
Darth Thor

I enjoyed it. Trust your fellow KMCers.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 11:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Not dying to see it, but it's something I want to definitely see on the big screen. Visuals and sound is what these movies mainly have going for them.

Though the first JP was a solid sci-fi/adventure family film all around.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 12:02 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I enjoyed it. Trust your fellow KMCers.

thumb up

Originally posted by Robtard
Not dying to see it, but it's something I want to definitely see on the big screen. Visuals and sound is what these movies mainly have going for them.

Yeah, from what I've gleaned skimming reviews J. A. Bayona has apparently infused some nice visual flare. I've now seen 2 of his other films (The Impossible and The Orphanage) and he's really, really good.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 03:37 PM
Darth Thor

Actually the CGI can be quite bad at times. Took me out of the film when that was the case.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 03:48 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm.. well I've heard some reviews say the CGI is blended very well with the practical animatronic effects, much like JP1.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:20 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Hm.. well I've heard some reviews say the CGI is blended very well with the practical animatronic effects, much like JP1.

Havent watched this! AM SO EAGER!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:49 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There are scenes where I personally found the CGI to be very blatant.

But they were mostly in the daytime scenes. The night time scenes are fine.

And yes they did blend in animatronics quite well.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 05:21 PM