KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » New Darth Vader comic

New Darth Vader comic
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote:
the fck is this: StarWars.com: What can we expect from the Vader/Palpatine relationship? At this point, they’ve had one real bit of conflict: Palpatine telling Vader that he had killed Padmé in his anger, which Vader didn’t quite believe. Is any of that father-son dynamic, even if it was phony on Palpatine’s side, still left? Charles Soule: Absolutely, and I honestly don’t think it’s phony. That’s sort of the key to Palpatine and Anakin, in my mind. Palpatine does have an attachment to this guy. He’s a tool, and if he screws up I think the Emperor would discard him, but that’s not what he wants. He wants Vader to succeed, not just to further the goals of the Empire, but for his own sake. Vader and Palpatine are connected by true emotion, even if it’s twisted and dark. Palpatine is the only father Anakin ever knew, and just because their relationship has…evolved, let’s say…it doesn’t mean the core is gone. Fascinating dynamic to write — and we get a bunch of it in the series.

Sounds good to me. That's how I've always envisioned their relationship after RotS.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 03:39 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Some preview pages:

https://news.marvel.com/comics/6138...h-vader-rising/

Even as a Vader mark, I'm not the biggest fan of this. It really changes the feel of that whole scene and not for the better IMO.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 06:40 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I read that yesterday; I doubt they're actually gonna change it. More like this was what was going through Vader's head when he went apeshit.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 06:48 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I doubt they changed it as well, I figured it just happened immediately after the "NNNNOOOOOO!". But, yeah, hopefully it's just a dream or something.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 06:51 PM
Darth Abonis

The artwork for Vader sucks.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Personally, I think the art looks great.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 06:59 PM
ares834

Yikes. I did not enjoy this issue. The action and art were nice, but Vader was completely out of character. Vader doesn’t just wantonly kill his own troops for no reason. He’s never really taken pleasure in butchery like Sidious has.

Worse, this is right after the PT. In RotS, Anakin is clearly conflicted and regrets his actions. I was hoping we would see that character become more merciless and self-assured in his own darkness. But here he already completely evil with no qualms with killing anyone. So not only is that against the established characterization, but I don’t see how it allows the character to have any growth in this series.

So, yeah, very poor issue and at this point I believe Soule doesn't understand the character.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:32 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

All of Anakin's conflict and hesitation vanished when Padme died.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:35 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Which is stupid and makes little sense.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:39 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Did they forget the whole clone arc from season 6? That clones were programmed to kill the jedi, they didn't want to?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Which is stupid and makes little sense.

thumb up They also apparently have retconned Vader losing his potential, equally stupid and nonsensical

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I'm really hating how they're potraying the clones here. Don't give a crap about their "brothers' dying, apparently have lost all their respect for the jedi which they were programmed to kill. And didn't Vader have a soft spot for clones?

A silver lining would be their focus on what the clones would do after the war, ubrara esque

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:47 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I'm really hating how they're potraying the clones here. Don't give a crap about their "brothers' dying, apparently have lost all their respect for the jedi which they were programmed to kill. And didn't Vader have a soft spot for clones?

A silver lining would be their focus on what the clones would do after the war, ubrara esque

Also that one clone acting like a goof and going on about how they can wear the red helmets!

"We can wear the red helmets guys, we just gotta catch this Jedi!"

....Like...what? Royal Guard material they are not..

Also we have...7-10 Clones able to put pressure on Vader?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 21st, 2017 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
thumb up They also apparently have retconned Vader losing his potential, equally stupid and nonsensical

No they didn't. Just he didn't start off as shitty as in Legends.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jun 21st, 2017 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No they didn't. Just he didn't start off as shitty as in Legends.

Nah, lookie here:
https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/...437960934662145

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 08:45 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Seen it. Doesn't mean Vader's potential was curbed (it was) - just that he started off where Anakin left off.

Chee's word isn't official Canon anyway, so that's subject to change too.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 08:48 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Leeland Chee is a member of the staw wars story group that controls canon.

It seems they're going that direction with chee making it a possibility, saying Lucas's word on the topic is subject to being retconned, we have vader becoming more powerful in LOTS, and then off course we get this new comic where the first page has Vader tking someone who in legends he had no buisness even touching.

Why can't disney just respect the old lore?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 08:54 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Doesn't make his statements auto-Canon.

Besides, Anakin's potential was literally "tear apart the very fabric of the universe" level.

Vader isn't touching that. He grew less in 23 years as a Sith than Anakin did in a year of the Clone Wars.

Thus, to me, it's obvious that he was massively capped off, hence why the Emperor was so disappointed in him.

I agree with you that, overall, Vader's being poorly represented, though. thumb up

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 08:57 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Doesn't make his statements auto-Canon.

Besides, Anakin's potential was literally "tear apart the very fabric of the universe" level.

Vader isn't touching that. He grew less in 23 years as a Sith than Anakin did in a year of the Clone Wars.

Thus, to me, it's obvious that he was massively capped off, hence why the Emperor was so disappointed in him.

I agree with you that, overall, Vader's being poorly represented, though. thumb up

Fair points.

It sems they forget about the clones being programmed to kill the jedi against their will rather than freely betraying them which kinda sucks since the characterization of the clones was one of TCW's strongest points.

I wonder what they're going to be doing with Windu, something revolving around his relationship with dooku would be nice. As well as some dooku level feats for an apparently dooku+character

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 09:05 PM