KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » New Darth Vader comic

New Darth Vader comic
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Also are they really saying that Jedi who did this Baraah thing weren't even hunted down despite being Jedi? Or maybe I'm reading it wrong but that's kinda dumb.

This Jedi Vader is gonna go after though seems interesting, but if he never trained then how would his purpose be just to fight? Training is part of fighting, it's needed.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Also, having the sole purpose of fighting doesn't seem v]like part of the jedi code.

I'm interested in what hapened to the jedi organizations outside of the order that we are exposed to in one of the tcw novels(don't recall which one)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Fair points.

It sems they forget about the clones being programmed to kill the jedi against their will rather than freely betraying them which kinda sucks since the characterization of the clones was one of TCW's strongest points.

I wonder what they're going to be doing with Windu, something revolving around his relationship with dooku would be nice. As well as some dooku level feats for an apparently dooku+character

My perception was that once the chip was activated, it never turned off. Otherwise, the clones would kill the Jedi and then scream in shock over what they did. But they didn't - they continued serving the Empire.

I'd love for them to explore Dooku and Windu's relationship - although preferably in a TV format with a show dedicated to it (along with other TPM-era shit). thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Also are they really saying that Jedi who did this Baraah thing weren't even hunted down despite being Jedi? Or maybe I'm reading it wrong but that's kinda dumb.

This Jedi Vader is gonna go after though seems interesting, but if he never trained then how would his purpose be just to fight? Training is part of fighting, it's needed.

Hm? They survived since no clones were around them. This is just a few days after Order 66, so obviously they haven't killed all the Jedi left. The purge takes place across many years.

By training, I assume they mean in other fields of Jedi knowledge besides lightsaber combat.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Hm? They survived since no clones were around them. This is just a few days after Order 66, so obviously they haven't killed all the Jedi left. The purge takes place across many years.

By training, I assume they mean in other fields of Jedi knowledge besides lightsaber combat.

Yeah but Vader was talking about this Barash thing or whatever, like it was some kinda failsafe and those Jedi that survived were just ignored. But maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

I was thinking that, but then the issue singles out Jedi diplomacy and research as something he didn't do, ontop of training.

But eh, I guess we'll see what this Jedi Master is made of, he looks pretty cool.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Yeah but Vader was talking about this Barash thing or whatever, like it was some kinda failsafe and those Jedi that survived were just ignored. But maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

I was thinking that, but then the issue singles out Jedi diplomacy and research as something he didn't do, ontop of training.

But eh, I guess we'll see what this Jedi Master is made of, he looks pretty cool.

I mean, it's obvious they weren't just ignored, but I imagine they weren't a priority compared to active Jedi. I imagine those sorts of Jedi would really become prioritized with the Inquisitors and whatnot.

TBH, you're thinking too deeply into it, lol.

Apparently he's more powerful than Obi-Wan (maybe Mace too, depending on how you read the blurb).

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 11:43 PM
Zenwolf

I mean, it's obvious they weren't just ignored, but I imagine they weren't a priority compared to active Jedi. I imagine those sorts of Jedi would really become prioritized with the Inquisitors and whatnot.

TBH, you're thinking too deeply into it, lol.

Apparently he's more powerful than Obi-Wan (maybe Mace too, depending on how you read the blurb).

Eh maybe I am.

Hmm...you think so? Though why Mace? Doesn't it refer to the Jedi Vader has fought? He hasn't fought Windu.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 11:47 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"…a Jedi more powerful than any Vader has faced before…"

You could argue Vader "faced" Mace when he chopped off his hand, but then you can question the meaning of "faced," and then point out he wasn't technically christened "Vader" yet.

Regardless, the fact this guy is allegedly more powerful than Obi-Wan is really intriguing, especially since Vader is going to fight him without a lightsaber.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 11:49 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Mace doesn't count. Kenobi does. which is really thematically stupid. Obviously though this wouldn't apply to Rebels/ANH Kenobi...
Assuming Vader doesn't need a tpm Kenobi esque cheapshot to win(which would be even stupider).

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

We shall see then. Hopefully it'll be an awesome fight.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 12:11 AM
Darth Thor

Doesn't make his statements auto-Canon.

Besides, Anakin's potential was literally "tear apart the very fabric of the universe" level.

Vader isn't touching that. He grew less in 23 years as a Sith than Anakin did in a year of the Clone Wars.

Thus, to me, it's obvious that he was massively capped off, hence why the Emperor was so disappointed in him.

I agree with you that, overall, Vader's being poorly represented, though. thumb up

Plus Maul also didn't progress much post TPM, so that backs you up.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up Maul's potential was great, but it seems he capped off way ahead of schedule, much like Anakin, due to the fact so much of him is now machine. As I said, it looks like the major difference is that getting refitted with mechanical limbs doesn't start you way back behind like it did in Legends - just that you now can't progress forward very much.

Further, while Vader is likely "more powerful" than Anakin as of his prime, assuming he starts off directly after ROTS with his power like it seems to be the case, that doesn't mean he's better. As we seen with Anakin in TPM and AotC, Luke in ESB and ROTJ, and Rey in TFA, your Force potential is a major factor in combat since it provides you with unnatural (even compared to the best of the best) reflexes and augmentation, especially in crucial moments. Thus, I'd favor ROTS Anakin over Vader in a contest, even if Vader can lift the heavier object, and I think the Emperor would too (especially if ROTJ Luke did beat Vader in a fair fight, which seems to be how the new Canon is heading).

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 03:11 AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 03:03 AM
Zenwolf

Oh wait, I get what you mean.

That clone characterization tho...

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 22nd, 2017 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 03:37 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

This new kind of Jedi philosophy... very interesting. Was hoping this jedi's design was more different from your average human male, like I was expecting an alien, but ok

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Total Warrior
This new kind of Jedi philosophy... very interesting. Was hoping this jedi's design was more different from your average human male, like I was expecting an alien, but ok

Those clones though. "We can wear the red helmets!" big grin

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 10:31 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah, those two clones were really funny, why did Vader kill them? sad

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 09:30 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Also what's the deal with this new canon thing apparently suggesting if a Force User doesn't have a lightsaber, they are suddenly weaker?

I mean sure, I can understand to a point that without a lightsaber they lose a defense piece.

But I mean...they still have The Force, that is their main weapon not their lightsaber and you can't just get rid of it by knocking it out of the guy's hands or grab it from their belt. It's far greater than a lightsaber.

Without their lightsaber, throats can still be crushed, objects can still be thrown, could still speedblitz etc.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 24th, 2017 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 08:13 PM
ares834

Uh... Pretty sure that's not a thing.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 10:33 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
Uh... Pretty sure that's not a thing.

It seems like it.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 10:37 PM
ares834

Poor Vader got his ass kicked. sad

Anyway, another subpar issue. This series is nowhere near as good as the last.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 06:30 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote