KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Atomic Blonde

Atomic Blonde
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Sounds like this is probably a pretty solid action flick.

It's getting some good reviews....

Rotten Tomatoes

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 03:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Meh, this can wait for RedBox.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 07:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I'm probably gonna wait, too. But I'm interested in seeing it because it's one of the John Wick directors.

Also I didn't realize James McAvoy is in it. That dude is a killer actor.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 08:02 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

seeing free of charge on friday

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 08:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
seeing free of charge on friday
It's not free, you better blow me after.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:36 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Might go see this Friday night

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 10:55 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Mindset

Yeah, Bruce. A deal's a deal.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 11:09 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Mindset

it is free.. i have a free movie pass...

you aren't a 6ft tall hot female model stick out tongue stick out tongue

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, Bruce. A deal's a deal.

lol

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 03:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
avasmith6307
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am deadly waiting for this movie!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 07:14 AM
avasmith6307 is currently offline Click here to Send avasmith6307 a Private Message Find more posts by avasmith6307 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty solid action flick... easy to follow and understand..

a solid 7/10

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 10:09 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been seeing for some people the plot can be convoluted the way it gets told.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 03:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
Been seeing for some people the plot can be convoluted the way it gets told.

those are dumb people who can't pay attention.. i figured out everything in the first 30 minutes

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 06:49 PM
Flyattractor

pretty solid action flick... easy to follow and understand..

a solid 7/10

Ok, if we run that response thru the FanboyReaction that probably means this is probably a 5 at best...

those are dumb people who can't pay attention.. i figured out everything in the first 30 minutes

........mmmmyep.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 07:14 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I was sort of tired and wasn't paying too much attention to the plot when I saw it, so that's probably why I thought it was confusing. It's a little boring but the fight scenes are ****ing awesome, so I got what I came for. Overall, a 6.5/10, IMO.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 02:15 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I was sort of tired and wasn't paying too much attention to the plot when I saw it, so that's probably why I thought it was confusing. It's a little boring but the fight scenes are ****ing awesome, so I got what I came for. Overall, a 6.5/10, IMO.

I agree with this analysis. thumb up

Soviet spy shit isn't my cup of tea, but the film is still really awesome. Beautiful cinematography and cleverly edited together. James McAvoy and Theron are acting powerhouses. Great action scenes and even some nice lesbian action. It felt like a film where the filmmakers were given complete freedom to do what they wanted to do.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:47 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

This out a bluray yet?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 10:25 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Not for another 2 weeks. Nov 14th...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Atomi...Blu-ray/184226/

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 12:44 AM
Flyattractor

Is this playing on those small TV Screens at the gas stations when you fill up yet?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 03:57 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I didn't care for the narrative/story. But it's a testament to just how good everything else was that I still enjoyed the movie overall.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 07:14 PM
Rick Deckard

Just saw Atomic Blonde on Blu. Incredible film. Really enjoyed the late '80's stark winter setting, the incredible action sequences, and the amazing cinematography.

The '80's pop/rock soundtrack was sublime - the music here reminded me yet again why the '80's was the best decade for music. Opening the movie up with New Order's great track Blue Monday '88 was perfect, and set the tone for the rest of the film. Each song was perfectly placed over the scene it went over - excellent.

My favorite action sequence were the long, drawn-out fight scenes when CH was protecting the defector from those thugs in the empty building. Great sequence, and much of this looked like one long shot.

Also pleasantly surprised at some non-predictable elements in the film - nice to see this, especially in a big-budget Hollywood flick.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 04:48 AM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote