KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Gladiator Sequel?

Gladiator Sequel?
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Because the proposed idea sounds like a pile of shit. Rather have the very talented director do something that is not a pile of shit.
Iyo but you don't enjoy fantasy anywhere near to the degree I do. I see everything.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 02:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

That sequel proposal is bat shit insane for a Gladiator follow up. It might be cool as it's own movie, but don't try and stuff it into Gladiator, a movie that was more or less grounded in realism.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 02:37 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Agree.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 07:58 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
That sequel proposal is bat shit insane for a Gladiator follow up. It might be cool as it's own movie, but don't try and stuff it into Gladiator, a movie that was more or less grounded in realism.

Gladiator might've been set in realism but it also portrayed a time when Greek mythology clashed with Christian beliefs.

The idea that Maximus becomes the God Of War is a pretty cool notion.

But as I mentioned earlier, Cave's script is over 15 years old...if there was any truth to a sequel, then there would have been numerous other script ideas written since.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 11:55 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
Iyo but you don't enjoy fantasy anywhere near to the degree I do. I see everything.

Said long before that I love SciFi and Fantasy, this script as stated wouldn't be good fantasy. But it seems like you're just trying to do your silly dick-measuring thing again. Meh.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 11:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Said long before that I love SciFi and Fantasy, this script as stated wouldn't be good fantasy. But it seems like you're just trying to do your silly dick-measuring thing again. Meh.
Not to the extent I do, obviously. I see everything the moment it comes out. You don't. You may like it but I love it.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 12:19 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The dick measuring contest continues....

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 01:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, quanch is very effective at stunting any potential intelligent conversation with this nonsense all the time.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 02:00 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote