KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix Remake

The Matrix Remake
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Miffed The Matrix Remake

Well goddamn, I guess it was only a matter of time, but it still seems rather soon to me..

They are indeed in the early stages of remaking The Matrix...

Yahoo!

So does this mean they are going to reboot it and make the same sequels that the Wachowskis made or make it in such a way that it will go on for more than just three films...? oh, lord. I'm pretty sure I disapprove of this idea. I think it's kind of a pathetic and desperate attempt by WB to make money. But I fear it will backfire on them because it's probably not going to have the same innovative impact that it had back in 1999. The Matrix Trilogy is actually a quite impressive work of art and I don't think it can really be recaptured.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 12:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Can't say this excites me, for the same reasons you pointed out. Meh.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I read a few years ago that the Wachowskis were approached about writing and directing a 4th film, but I guess they declined. I would have been much more interested in that.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I would definitely rather have a sequel post trilogy not a damn reboot since the first trilogy was awesome.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:25 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's no possible way to make a better movie than the first Matrix. That movie is as close to perfection as you'll ever get

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:29 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I read a few years ago that the Wachowskis were approached about writing and directing a 4th film, but I guess they declined. I would have been much more interested in that.

Given time to see how the movies have been received over the years, i'd have been interested in what they came up with.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 01:41 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Something tells me they only got the idea to do this after John Wick 2 having both Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne. As well as the two of them along with Carrie-Anne Moss having a "Matrix Reunion" at the premiere.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 05:23 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Keanu Reeves said he'd be up for a 4th film, maybe he'll make a cameo

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 05:30 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by steverules_2
Keanu Reeves said he'd be up for a 4th film, maybe he'll make a cameo

He said he'd be up for it if the Wachowskis were writing and directing. I doubt he'd be interested otherwise.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 06:05 PM
steverules_2

Did he? Oh, maybe not then

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 06:13 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by steverules_2
Did he? Oh, maybe not then

From the Yahoo article I originally posted...

quote:
While promoting John Wick Chapter Two, Reeves said he would be open to returning for another installment of the franchise if the Wachowskis were involved. “They would have to write it and direct it. And then we’d see what the story is, but yeah, I dunno, that’d be weird, but why not?” he said. However, it is likely that Warners will look elsewhere to attract an A-list director and star.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 06:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

First film was rather great for the time, the two that followed weren't as good. I don't see the need for a remake, at least this soon, wait another 10+ years.

One of the main great points to the film was the initial not knowing about humanity being trapped in a simulation. That mystery is gone with the remake

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 06:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Robtard
First film was rather great for the time, the two that followed weren't as good. I don't see the need for a remake, at least this soon, wait another 10+ years.

One of the main great points to the film was the initial not knowing about humanity being trapped in a simulation. That mystery is gone with the remake

The Colon Creeper speaks the truth.

The first Matrix was gold, if you ask me. The sequels were unnecessary and were sub-par.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 07:10 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If they can Reboot it in a way that it makes sense and doesn't suck I will have no prob with this.

But I somehow doubt they can pull this off.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 07:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard

Good point. Except clueless tweens who have never heard of the original movie might actually be surprised.

But yeah, the movie will only piss off old farts like us: "Oh, f#$k this, watch the original!" Kind of like remaking Point Break. I did not give a F#$K about that. I watched the original again instead.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 07:29 PM
steverules_2

The first film was good, didn't need sequels

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:02 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Fu#k, why don't they just go down Keanu Reeves filmography and remake all of his films? I'm surprised they haven't done Speed yet...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:03 PM
steverules_2

Please don't let a remake of speed be made, he turned down Speed 2 so he dodged a bullet there

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 09:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Fu#k, why don't they just go down Keanu Reeves filmography and remake all of his films? I'm surprised they haven't done Speed yet...

Doing speed is part of the problem, they do a bunch of it and it causes them to stay up all night coming up with crazy ideas like "lets remake the Matrix".

I would have been interested in a prequel. We know Neo isn't the first "one". I would have liked to see a movie about the very first "one". Or perhaps a sequel about the person who is the next "one" after Neo.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 15th, 2017 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 10:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
Doing speed is part of the problem, they do a bunch of it and it causes them to stay up all night coming up with crazy ideas like "lets remake the Matrix".

I would have been interested in a prequel. We know Neo isn't the first "one". I would have liked to see a movie about the very first "one". Or perhaps a sequel about the person who is the next "one" after Neo.

Yup. Or a live-action version of the "Second Renaissance: Parts 1 & 2" from the Animatrix.. how the clash between man and machine went down. That could be a fu#king awesome film or even series of films. The the "Planet of the Apes" reboot team on that!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 11:32 PM