KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix Remake

The Matrix Remake
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Attachment: 17274417_10154984907885586_663377519_n.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 01:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Please don't let a remake of speed be made, he turned down Speed 2 so he dodged a bullet there

I see what you did there.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 12:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 09:46 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...5a18a561600000f

Thank fuk. It's not a reboot, it's a continuation. Now sure how though

PWNT

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 09:29 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Now I'm somewhat more interested. They'll probably end up having a new guy that becomes The One and all that.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 12:17 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thanks the lawd, yeah, that's the smarter move, continuing it Star Wars style because the potential is definitely there. I hope the intention is to keep it R rated and good intelligent science fiction, though, and not the nostalgic goofy mess that Star Wars has become.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:18 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Matrix was R rated in the U.S.?

wow...ok then.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Arachnid1

My favorite part was:

"The Matrix creators the Wachowski siblings are not at all involved in the project"

This is good news.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:55 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Thanks the lawd, yeah, that's the smarter move, continuing it Star Wars style because the potential is definitely there. I hope the intention is to keep it R rated and good intelligent science fiction, though, and not the nostalgic goofy mess that Star Wars has become.

You have an obsession against SW nowadays. confused Doubt it'll still ride the nostalgia train come episode VIII or at least the way it has so far, but we'll see. Also don't think they'll change Matrix's rating.

Originally posted by Kazenji
The Matrix was R rated in the U.S.?

wow...ok then.

It made sense to a certain degree I felt, though I may be biased since the first Matrix is kinda special to me in the sense that it was one of the first R films I was able to see as a youngin'.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 03:13 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

It made sense to a certain degree I felt. The first Matrix is kinda special to me far as that since it was one of the first R films I was able to see as a youngin'.

All 3 movies got more of a M rating here Australia, I think M is what PG-13 is in America and no nothing was cut from them.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 03:14 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It made sense to a certain degree I felt, though I may be biased since the first Matrix is kinda special to me in the sense that it was one of the first R films I was able to see as a youngin'.

Same here, it was one of my first R films also. It was also one of the first films I saw on a DVD (whoa!).

Originally posted by Kazenji
All 3 movies got more of a M rating here Australia, I think M is what PG-13 is in America and no nothing was cut from them.

Yeah, remember he shoots up an entire government lobby, and those fight scenes were extremely brutal and at times a bit violent. It's not Texas Chainsaw Massacre, no, but it's still violent. And I think they are a little more lenient with 'foul' language in more recent films than they were back then.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 12:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

So this could be a Morpheus centric prequel which sounds awesome. I can get behind this now. I was always wondering why they didn't pull the trigger on more Matrix sequels/prequels.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by quanchi112
I was always wondering why they didn't pull the trigger on more Matrix sequels/prequels.

Because the Wachowskis had their vision from the beginning of three films and didn't want to do any others.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:15 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Because the Wachowskis had their vision from the beginning of three films and didn't want to do any others.
They don't own the franchise and they have realized such garbage since the trilogy who cares what they think. Just as Star Wars continued without Lucas so can the Matrix continue without them.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:18 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by quanchi112
They don't own the franchise and they have realized such garbage since the trilogy who cares what they think. Just as Star Wars continued without Lucas so can the Matrix continue without them.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I was simply explaining why there hasn't been anything more as of yet. It also sounds like the Studio does want to attempt to have some respect towards what the Wachowskis created because they hope to get their approval before moving forward. Now, supposing they don't get their approval I wonder if they will still move forward with the project. I suspect that in order to approve of a continuation the Wachowskis would want to at least be involved in the writing. But who knows...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 05:58 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will most likely pass

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I was simply explaining why there hasn't been anything more as of yet. It also sounds like the Studio does want to attempt to have some respect towards what the Wachowskis created because they hope to get their approval before moving forward. Now, supposing they don't get their approval I wonder if they will still move forward with the project. I suspect that in order to approve of a continuation the Wachowskis would want to at least be involved in the writing. But who knows...

Also Keanu Reeves has said he'd only ever come back if the Wachowskis wrote and directed.

Which..actually isn't a bad thing. Though to be honest I'd rather have some kind of sequel as opposed to some kind of prequel with Morpheus. If they do a prequel I would rather them go back to before people like Morpheus had even been born. Or maybe characters with which we know next to nothing about(not that we know a bunch about Morpheus).

An interesting line from the 2nd film about the Merovingian is "he used to be like you" which is said to Neo. Was it meant literally, as in the Merovingian was a previous "one"? Does this imply it is possible for a human to become a program? Was it not literal, and just meant he used to be less of a dick and more heroic?

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 18th, 2017 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

... Did Hugo Weaving say anything similar to Reeves about "I'll return if ___" ?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:58 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Arachnid1

ah, okay. i can get behind a continuation of the story.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 10:54 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Arachnid, there's plenty of fertile ground to be explored.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 10:55 PM